The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Chibiusa's Age

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

Chibiusa's Age Empty
PostSubject: Chibiusa's Age   Chibiusa's Age I_icon_minitime26th April 2012, 2:40 pm

I know that in the manga it states she is over 900 years old, but how old is Chibiusa (appearance wise) in R, S, and SuperS? I've kinda been wondering what other people thought about that (and I don't believe this question has been asked before).

To me it seems like:

In R: she's about five or six.

In S: she's about 10.

In SuperS: she's about 12-13.

I feel like each time Chibiusa returns to the 20th century she's a bit older than the last time she appeared. And she looks substantially older in SuperS. Especially in the SuperS movie when Sailor Moon revives her (there's a scene that shows she's "developing" for a lack of a better way to say that). Plus I figure, since SuperS focuses on her and her relationship with Helios, Chibiusa has to be of an age where actual romantic feelings can develop for another person, not just a little innocent crush.

Thoughts? ^^ (also sorry if this is a lame topic XD)
Back to top Go down
bunbun
Pyramidal Crystal

bunbun

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Chibi Neptune :3

Chibiusa's Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa's Age   Chibiusa's Age I_icon_minitime26th April 2012, 3:20 pm

I think since Chibiusa in the twenty-first century she can grow older because she not in Crystal Tokyo.That`s my guess Razz

I noticed in the move "Black dream hole" that she a bit taller.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

Chibiusa's Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa's Age   Chibiusa's Age I_icon_minitime26th April 2012, 4:05 pm

It's hard to discuss her age in the anime. Seeing how Classic and R happened in the same year (school wise) and S and SuperS likewise. Then there's Stars where the girls finally become high schoolers. I'm amusing when Chibiusa goes home time flows differently seeing how they're so far in the future. So I guess she would age quicker.

What I think:
R: 6 or 7 years old. She seems rather smart for 5 a year old.
S: 8 or 9.
SuperS: 10 seeing how she doesn't go home after S ended. I feel like she's too short to be a 12 or 13 old. Then again I'm really short for a 22 year old girl.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
thewhitemoonfamily
Lotus Crystal

thewhitemoonfamily

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lady Claudia of Crystal Tokyo

Chibiusa's Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa's Age   Chibiusa's Age I_icon_minitime18th May 2012, 11:48 pm

I've always thought of this as well, so I thought of some theories.

When Chibiusa first went to the 20th century, she was obviously 5-6 since she was in kindergarten. Now I clearly remember that all through the series, she doesn't go to junior high at all, so she can't be any older than 12.

I believe in S, when she returns to the 20th century for senshi training, she had aged to about 8-9, due to her senshi awaking powers, which would make her 10 at the beginning of SuperS. After gaining her Super Senshi powers from Pegasus, that probably aged her as well, which would make her 11-12.

This is all of course theory, and it doesn't change the fact that she is 900 in Crystal Tokyo years. haha
Back to top Go down
http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://claujowrites.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/monkeejr?feature=mhee
williukea
Star Seed

Star Seed

Chibiusa's Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa's Age   Chibiusa's Age I_icon_minitime4th September 2015, 10:47 am

I know this is old but in Materials collection, Naoko-sama said that in R/Black Moon arc Chibiusa looks like a first-grader so about 6-7 years old (I'd say more like 6), in S/Mugen arc, she's an older elementary school girl (I'd say about Cool. The rest are unconfirmed but I'm leaning towards 10 years old in SS/Dream Arc and 11-12 in Stars when she returned for a bit (If she returned after the Stars arc next year I'd say she would be 12 and prepare for her exams for graduating elementary school and joining Junior High)
Back to top Go down
Sailor Nike
Star Seed

Sailor Nike

Star Seed

Title : Second Exorcist

Chibiusa's Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa's Age   Chibiusa's Age I_icon_minitime4th September 2015, 1:55 pm

In the original anime series she always look younger than her manga version, even though she grows up in both. To me, she is 6-7 on the start and looks about 10-11 at the end.

BUT something kinda bothers me... She starts as a first-grader and ends as a third-grader (As seen in the Stars short story) so she should be 8-9 at the end, actually? But she looks older. Hotaru looks like a third-grader, but not Chibiusa. To be really honest... Naoko draws little girls as teenagers, sometimes. Momo, Chibiusa´s best friend, is a notable example.
Back to top Go down
http://terumi-kantoku.tumblr.com http://azure-crystal-lotus.deviantart.com
Jaawsshhh
Pyramidal Crystal

Jaawsshhh

Pyramidal Crystal

Chibiusa's Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa's Age   Chibiusa's Age I_icon_minitime17th October 2015, 1:44 pm

According to the anime, Usagi starts off at 14 and when Stars ends, she says she's 16. Two years between everything, so I'm guessing Chibiusa is 8 in R and is 10 towards the end.
Back to top Go down
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal

Princess Sailor Mai

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Galaxy Cauldron's Official Princess Inspirit!
Location : In the middle of nowhere between part-time work and needing a full-time career

Chibiusa's Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa's Age   Chibiusa's Age I_icon_minitime23rd November 2015, 12:09 am

In the manga/Crystal, it is mentions mentally she's about 900 years old.  However, physcially speaking she's probably about 10/11.  She hadn't "awakened" yet as a sailor soldier so stayed as child in physical form.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chibiusa's Age Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chibiusa's Age   Chibiusa's Age I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chibiusa's Age

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: General Sailor Moon Discussions :: General Sailor Moon Discussion :: Individual Characters & Couples-