The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Winner!] 1st Writing Contest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Pick Your Favorite Entry!
Entry #2
[Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_vote_lcap71%[Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 10 ]
Entry #3
[Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_vote_lcap29%[Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

[Winner!] 1st Writing Contest Empty
PostSubject: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 8:35 am

We have a tie! Please vote for Entry #2 or Entry #3. This is an entirely new set of voting, so please vote, even if you already did in the previous thread. You may only vote for Entry #2 or Entry #3.

The Galaxy Cauldron is proud to announce its first writing contest. The theme for this writing contest is "Transformation." The writers interpreted the theme as they liked.

Entries from the 1st Writing Contest are posted below in random order. Do not announce anyone's identities or guess at them in this thread. The writers of the entries may still vote in the poll. I trust you all to vote for what you honestly believe is the best entry, regardless of who wrote it.

Note: Voting will be opened until Friday, April 13th. All questions may be directed to Sailor Venus.

P.S. The theme for the next writing contest will be announced on Sunday, April 15th.

Last edited by Sailor Venus on 15th April 2012, 7:59 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 8:36 am

[Winner!] 1st Writing Contest Winner1

Entry #2

There was no going back.

She knew that with a strange certainty, and yet her hand clasped the light blue rod anyway, knowing with just as much conviction that if she didn’t take it her life would be forfeit.

----------

As the piano melody danced through the air, its calming voice spinning a tale of awe and regret, the young violinist closed her eyes, her heart threatening to lose itself in the tender tones. But even with the beautiful music moving through her, she could not shake a feeling of suspense. Nervously she approached the curtain from her place backstage and peered through a small opening. The theater was packed, the audience quiet and absorbed with the performance; nothing out of the ordinary caught her attention, but the feeling of foreboding remained.

“Michiru, are you alright?” her benefactor asked quietly from behind her, placing her hand softly on Michiru’s bare shoulder. “It’s not like you to be nervous, my dear.”

She nodded absently and turned to face the elderly woman, “I’m fine, thank you.”

“You’re on next,” she reminded her gently just as the solo ended to immense applause.

Michiru Kaioh, age fifteen, straightened her white gown and checked her bow, waiting for the previous artist to take his bows and leave the stage. She nodded to him in passing – he was another of the talents from her academy of Fine Arts, home to the young musical geniuses of Japan. This was just a concert, one of many used to attract the attention of the city at large, and any possible benefactors for the young students. Already Michiru had collected four; those four would be enough to supply any tuition she may need to advance her musical studies, but her teachers had instructed them to gather as many as possible – who knew when your instrument could break and you may need a new one? Who would fund sheet music, buy gowns and tuxedos, rent performance areas? To be famous and successful you needed three things: Talent, Determination, and Benefactors.

She strode to center stage and positioned her instrument on her shoulder. Nodding to the audience’s initial applause, she set immediately to a particularly tricky tune. It was a favorite of hers: while it was quick and had a good beat, it also brought forth feelings of deceit. The audience wasn’t expecting this tune; usually she chose more languid pieces, soft and slow and beautiful, but today she wanted to show them that she could do playful just as well.

Just as one brave soul started clapping along, the air of frivolity was shattered with a hair-curling shriek. Michiru played on, hoping to calm the audience and give authorities time to sort things out, but suddenly the doors at the end of the auditorium burst open and arched through the air to land somewhere amongst the seats to a chorus of screams. She saw the silhouette of the creature standing in the threshold for only a moment before it shot off into the audience. It was a monster – there was no other way to describe it. Huge, bulking, like a worm upended without limbs to speak of; while her knees started to shake, Michiru played on. Like the musicians on the Titanic, she thought to herself as the room erupted into chaos. What could she do? She was only fifteen, a middle schooler with a knack for music. The police would arrive soon, else those Sailor Senshi the newspapers reported about; someone would come to save these people.

But as the monster approached the stage with a bulking lunge, the teenager wondered if they would come soon enough.

She was knocked aside, her violin and bow sliding across the stage with the force of the blow as someone from backstage pushed her away, saving her from a direct hit. The creature writhed in the backdrop, tangling the heavy red velvet curtain about its freakish mass, momentarily stopping it’s rampage. Michiru turned to see that it had been the pianist that had tackled her, and he now awkwardly struggled to his feet, still unsure of his movements in his white tuxedo. She, too, struggled with coming to her feet, the tight dress not allowing her much movement. He reached down and she accepted his hand, but the pair of them weren’t on their feet for long.

With a strong lurch, the beast pulled the curtain down, its rod and the catwalks above with it. The falling obstacles butchered the stage with sharp metallic pieces, crushing the beautiful piano with a solid blow and littering the wooden floor with fresh shrapnel. She had seen the piece falling seconds before it would have hit them, and this time she dove covering him; miraculously, both of them came out unscathed, but their closest escape to backstage was demolished. To get away, they would either have to jump off stage or directly cross the path of the monster.

They had just managed to get to their feet again when they found that the monster had a ranged attack. Wrapped tightly in the curtain, it had seemingly had enough, and now spat a substance that was similar to fire. The flaming liquid arched out into the audience and immediately found kindling in the seats. The audience screamed anew, but the knot of people at the doorway wasn’t lessening. It was impossible to get out that way, and with the central isles engulfed in flames, the front exits were no option for the captured people. Backstage, artists and their benefactors were evacuating quickly while she spied stagehands hurrying for fire extinguishers. The elderly woman and a middle-aged lady were beckoning for them frantically, intent not to leave them behind, and she shoved the pianist that way.

Thrown off-balanced, he managed to clear the stage at an awkward run, but the monster was free now, and it had her in its sights. With one swipe of its hindquarters, her remaining exit was blocked; with another, she found herself pinned to the ground on her stomach by heavy machinery. The monster loomed before her; the audience screamed in despair beyond her, their desperate attempts to escape futile; the brave stagehands who would have helped were now trapped behind debris. With the theater filling with smoke and flames, there was no hope.

And then an object appeared, floating just within her reach…

Last edited by Sailor Venus on 14th April 2012, 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 8:36 am

Entry #3

Nobody could wipe the beaming smile of pride off the lips of Neo-Queen Serenity. Today was the day her daughter became the lady she had always dreamed of becoming! The birthday festivities would be held later after the official proclamation and naming ceremony. Of course, the queen was also celebrating her birthday, but she had lived through so many birthdays already and she did not want to diminish her baby girl’s special day.

Neo-Queen Serenity frowned. She would have to stop thinking of her daughter as her ‘baby’ girl; she was a woman. But, it was so hard. It seemed like just yesterday that she had held Small Lady as a newborn baby girl in her arms.

She felt as if she had just been through hell and back, but all such thoughts left Neo-Queen Serenity’s mind when Sailor Mercury placed a small bundle wrapped in a pink blanket in her majesty’s arms.

“Chibi-Usa,” the new mother sighed happily. Exhaustion was eaten away when her daughter gurgled and moved closer. The smile on Neo-Queen Serenity’s face broadened and a tear leaked out of her eye. King Endymion wiped the tear away with a loving finger, and then gently straightened his daughter’s pink hair.

“I’ve missed you,” he said softly, smiling at his daughter.

Neo-Queen Serenity knew their relationship was unique. Long before this day, they had met their daughter. They had already forged precious memories that would never be forgotten. Now, they would forge more precious memories together. She looked forward to seeing her daughter transform into a lady.

Neo-Queen Serenity smiled fondly at the memory and squeezed King Endmyion’s arm just a little tighter. “Remember when she was just a baby?” She whispered, motioning toward her full-grown daughter. King Endmyion smiled and nodded. “I can’t believe she grew up so quickly.” The mother sighed.

“She quickly outgrew that little pink blanket and latched onto Luna-P, instead.” King Endmyion said with a chuckle and a smile. “She has led a difficult life, but she matured beautifully as a guardian of love and justice.” King Endmyion nodded.

“Mama!” A joyous voice cried!

Neo-Queen Serenity could not hold back the tears as her precious daughter ran across the garden. Heedless of the heels she wore, she ran toward her daughter and gratefully collapsed with Chibi-Usa in her arms. King Endmyion was not far behind. Oh, to be reunited!

“Mama, Papa, I’m so sorry!” Her daughter cried, sobbing in her mother’s arms as she clung tightly to both of her parents. “I never knew what would happen. Please, don’t hate at me.”

“Do not fret,” King Endmyion said, lifting up Chibi-Usa’s chin, so he could wipe the tears away. “We could never hate you.”

“You saved us all, Chibi-Usa.” Neo-Queen Serenity said. “We are so proud of you!”

A thought and a smile came to Chibi-Usa’s face. She gently pushed away from her parents and stood up. “You’ll be even more proud of me in just a minute. I did something amazing.”

Neo-Queen Serenity and King Endmyion smiled knowingly at each other.

Chibi-Usa touched the brooch on the front of her bodice. “Moon Prism Power, Make Up!” She was engulfed in a shower of pink and light colors. The young child, who was relentlessly teased about her heritage and apparent lack of potential, laid all doubt to rest with those few words. By the end of it all, Sailor Chibi-Moon stood proudly with a huge smile on her face.

“In the name of the moon, I will punish you!” She said loudly, clumsily motioning through Sailor Moon’s famous catchphrase and accompaniment hand movements. No one could take this moment, this proud feeling away from her or her parents.

“Oh, Small Lady!” Neo-Queen Serenity cried happily. Feelings of pride and joy overflowed and she caught her daughter in another strong hug. “What shall I call you, my young warrior?”

“Sailor Chibi-Moon,” the young warrior of love and justice said without hesitation.

“Sailor Chibi-Moon,” King Endmyion repeated, liking the way the title sounded. “Sailor Chibi-Moon,” he repeated again,” you have taken yet another step toward becoming a lady.”

And Sailor Chibi-Moon had continued to grow and mature as a guardian of love and justice. As she grew older, she began to take her position as a future leader more seriously. Neo-Queen Serenity knew that Small Lady had admired her mother’s role as the guardian of love and justice, Sailor Moon, and that she aspired to be as great as her one day. Perhaps it was because she was her mother, but Neo-Queen Serenity always thought that Sailor Chibi-Moon had long ago surpassed Sailor Moon’s abilities as a senshi and a leader.

“Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss!” Eternal Sailor Chibi-Moon cried with strength and power. The enemy screamed as it exploded into a cloud of fine dust, and then vanished with the wind. Eternal Sailor-Chibi Moon relaxed and turned to her four guardians with a smile on her face. “We did it!” She cried triumphantly, thrusting her fist into the air. The four sisters of the Amazon Quartet also cried joyously and rushed forward to hug their leader after their first victorious battle as a group. They had saved the day together.

Neo-Queen Serenity and King Endmyion watched the happy celebration on a large screen connected to a computer system from afar in the Crystal Palace. Neo-Queen Serenity squealed unbecomingly and threw herself into her husband’s arms. “They did it! Did you see it?” She asked eagerly, suppressing another happy squeal. “Did you see it?” She asked again before King Endmyion could respond.

“I do not think that she would agree, but she has already surpassed my leadership skills as Sailor Moon. They work together well, don’t you think so?”
Neo-Queen Serenity and King Endmyion signaled for their daughter to approach the podium and receive her full title as Usagi Lady Serenity, Sailor Moon, and the official heir to the throne of Crystal Tokyo.

“You have truly transformed into a lady. What dream shall you accomplish next?”
Back to top Go down
bunbun
Pyramidal Crystal

bunbun

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Chibi Neptune :3

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 8:43 am

Voted
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 9:57 am

Voted. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 10:01 am

oh ho! a tie x]
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 11:59 am

I wouldn't entirely know what to do if the entries tied again...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 12:34 pm

Double win?

tiebreaker entries on a similar topic? Or their retries at the transformation topic?
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 2:37 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Luna.

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 3:30 pm

Voted.
Back to top Go down
http://meganalburger.weebly.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime8th April 2012, 7:56 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime9th April 2012, 5:21 am

Bump
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime9th April 2012, 7:49 am

Bump
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime9th April 2012, 4:05 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime10th April 2012, 12:35 pm

Looks like the winner is becoming more clear! There is still time to vote before polling closes.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime11th April 2012, 10:39 am

Bump
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime14th April 2012, 9:43 am

Entry #1 = Sailor Pluto
Entry #2 = Sailor Uranus
Entry #3 = Sailor Venus
Entry $4 = Sashminda

Congratulations to Sailor Uranus, the winner of the 1st Writing Contest: Transformation! A prize will be created and given to you at the earliest opportunity.

Now that the contest is over, feel free to post your writing entries in the Writer's Section or elsewhere on the Internet. The winner may display the title of her winning entry in red, if desired.

The theme of the next writing contest will be announced on the 15th of April (tomorrow).

Thank you all for voting!

Last edited by Sailor Venus on 14th April 2012, 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime14th April 2012, 10:19 am

Congratulations, Kyra! Your piece was fantastic. ^^
Back to top Go down
bunbun
Pyramidal Crystal

bunbun

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Chibi Neptune :3

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime14th April 2012, 11:01 am

Congrats Uranus Smile
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime14th April 2012, 1:18 pm

Thank you all very much! ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ I'm glad you liked it!

Also: super excited about another one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime14th April 2012, 2:16 pm

[Winner!] 1st Writing Contest Winner1

Congratulations, Sailor Uranus! Here is a copy of your award, completed by the lovely Neo-Queen Serenity. Feel free to display the award alongside your entry or as a signature.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime14th April 2012, 10:38 pm

WOW!!

THAT'S GORGEOUS!! <3

Thank you NQS!! <3
Back to top Go down
Sashminda
Lotus Crystal

Sashminda

Lotus Crystal

Title : Aunt

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime14th April 2012, 10:54 pm

Congratulations!!!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime14th April 2012, 11:00 pm

Yay gratz to you Kyra! I enjoyed yours. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest   [Winner!] 1st Writing Contest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Winner!] 1st Writing Contest

View previous topic View next topic Back to top