The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

Title : Elite Senshi

I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia) Empty
PostSubject: I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia)   I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia) I_icon_minitime14th September 2018, 5:41 am

I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia) AlIO0iY

I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia) 2695440696

Australia is a massive country. With so much space between major cities you're bound to run into small towns along the way. Each country town has it's own character and charm and with so many towns to visit you're bound to find somewhere you'll love to go to. There are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of hamlets and towns all over the country, let's visit as many as we can!

I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia) 2695440696

This is a simple game designed to open up the not so well known parts of Australia. Everyone has to find one town within the list of towns available on Wikipedia and write a couple of lines about it. It's very simple and you can learn a lot just from a couple of lines. Everyone posts one town at a time and can only post a town once, but there are so many out there you won't have any trouble at all. You can post as many times as you like along the way but make sure to leave plenty of time for others to have a go. When you do post wait until someone else replies with their own town or if 24 hours pass without a reply you can post again. There are also a number of pearls, some truly unique places out there. If you manage to find one in the game you will win a special stamp I made myself that I'll send to you via Private Message.

I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia) 1955989781

Have fun traveling around the country. :3 We'll be on the road all through the World's Fair from Monday the 24th to Sunday the 7th of October.
Back to top Go down
http://droid24747.deviantart.com/
emrys
Lotus Crystal

emrys

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official PGSM Zoisite

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia)   I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia) I_icon_minitime27th September 2018, 2:14 am

I travel to... Banana !

The town was named in the early 1860s. The name derives from an old dun-coloured working bullock, called Banana, used by local stockmen to help them when herding some of the wilder cattle into the yards.

It's a small town in queensland and rural with 377 people in 2011
Back to top Go down
Sailor Arkas
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Arkas

Lotus Crystal

Title : Guardian of Uncontrollable Curiosity

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia)   I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia) I_icon_minitime28th September 2018, 4:53 pm

I travel to ... Scarborough! It's a small suburb of Wollongong in Illawarra.

It's named after the Scarborough hotel, which was opened in 1887. It hosts surfing competitions and has a rugby club that goes by the Bulldogs. In 2016 it has 308 people, and it is the site of several heritage listing areas.
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia)   I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia) I_icon_minitime30th September 2018, 4:42 am

I travel to... Coober Pedy on a bus named Priscilla!

It's a small town (1,762 people in 2016) in South Australia and is sometimes referred to as the "opal capital of the world" because it has the largest opal mining area and supplies most of the world's gem-quality opal. Coober Pedy is also renowned for its below-ground residences, called "dugouts", which are built in this fashion due to the scorching daytime heat. There's even an underground motel. :0 Aboriginal people have a long-standing connection with the area and make up just under 20% of the population (from the 2016 census).

There's lots more interesting things about this town but I'll leave it up to you to look them up~.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
CrystalBunny
Lotus Crystal

CrystalBunny

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia)   I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia) I_icon_minitime30th September 2018, 4:49 am

I travel to... Cobdogla! Chris pls tell me how you pronounce it XD
It's a small town with 232 people (at the census of 2006) in the Riverland region of South Australia. It is the home to an Irrigation and Steam Museum :000 amazing I'll leave it up to you to find more about this small town and its museum.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia)   I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia) I_icon_minitime30th September 2018, 5:18 pm

I travelled to... Cootamundra!

It is located in the South West Slopes region of New South Wales and has a population of 5,579. It was originally populated by settlers attracted by the gold rush of the 1860s but eventually became a quiet but prosperous agricultural community. The first colonist settlement was in 1847 and it was established as a township in 1861.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia)   I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia) I_icon_minitime4th October 2018, 1:36 pm

I traveled to...the Jervis Bay Village! 

It was established in 1915 within the Jervis Bay Territory, and was a selected site of Captain's point for the Royal Australian Navel College in November of 1911. It is still a Royal Australian Navy base, and there is an Aboriginal community within the town, and is the largest town within the Jervis Bay Territory with roughly 250 people. The max temperature is not what I expected out of Australia, the highest temp is only 69*F or 20.6*C, with the lowest temp being 58*F or 14.2*C. It gets 45.9 in of rainfall a year.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
SpikeDevilman
Lotus Crystal

SpikeDevilman

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Kunzite

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia)   I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia) I_icon_minitime4th October 2018, 9:07 pm

I traveled to... Alice Springs!

It's a town almost near the center of Australia where hardly many people live due to the cruel desert climate and general isolation. It was officially established in 1872 but its history stretches back much further than that-- as the area and its surroundings were home to the Arrernte aboriginal people for thousands of years. For most of its existence prior to WWII, it was a sleepy little town of only 500 but with the outbreak of the Pacific War and encroaching Japanese forces looking to invade Australia, that drastically changed. Being an extremely active staging base, as many as 8,000 soldiers were stationed there, with an additional 200,000 military personnel passing through the area including General MacArthur himself.

After the war, much of the military presence left thus causing the population to dwindle from its record high. Today it's inhabited by around 23,726 people, with Aboriginals numbering around 19% of those people. Its average maximum temperature in the summer is a whopping 96 degrees Fahrenheit, while an average winter low is 41 degrees. It gets about 11 inches of rainfall annually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia)   I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've Been Everywhere Man (Australia)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top