The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime6th March 2012, 2:21 pm

Hotaru Tomoe

Sailor Saturn

Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread 220px-10

image from: wikipedia

Sailor Saturn also known as the Solider of Silence made her appearance in the
Infinity arch of the manga and in S in the anime. Her civilian identity
is Hotaru Tomoe and she is portray a sickly girl who has no friends.

In the Anime:

Hotaru first appeared in episode 111, but only appears twice. She appears in
her bedroom both times and the anime makes her seem mysterious (they want us to
think we don't know who she is). She was all alone and she appeared weak. In
episode 112 we finally get to "find out" who this girl is. Of course
it's Hortaru and we see her sitting in the park reading a book. She runs into
Chibiusa and helps her retrieve her hat and the two become friends. Later in the we
see that two of them become very close friends. We find out later that she
lives with her father, who happens to be Professor Tomoe. During her childhood
she was involved in a freak accident in her father's lab which was caused by
Germatoid a Daimon from Tau Nebula. He arrived by using a portal which caused the explosion in the lab which left Hotaru dead and her father injured. The daimon
would save Hotaru if her father agreed to his terms and he gave in quickly. So
the Daimon took over his body and Hotaru's body was taken over by a being
called Mistress 9 which brought her back to life and remain dormant in her
body. However it made her body weak and frail. She would also have seizures and
have major mood swings. However her father wasn't so lucky and diamon had
complete control over his body.Because of Mistress 9 Hotaru could heal minor injuries. Because of her
mood swings and her healing ability her classmates would have nothing to do
with her so she had no friends (until she met Chibiusa ^^). Later
Mistress 9 was waken when Kaolinite stole Chibausa's pure heart and gave it to
Hotaru. Hotaru was able to regain control of her body which allowed her to
awaken as Sailor Saturn. She gave Chibiusa's her pure heart crystal back and
went off to destroy the villian of the S series Pharaoh 90. She went into the
core of Pharaoh 90 and was able to destroy it which end up killing her. However
Sailor Moon was able to save and she was reborn as a baby. Haruka and Michiru
took Hotaru and gave it back to her father (who was turn back to normal, but
had no memories.) In stars we see her as baby living happily with her
father, but one day Setsuna took her and because of the return of Nehellenia
she was able to age a few years. She then lived with the Outers and grew at
alarming rate and eventually reawaken as Sailor Saturn. She helped in the
battles with Nehellenia and Sailor Galaxia.

In the manga:

Hotaru's background of similar however in the freak accident she wasn't kill,
but instead was injured. Her father then transformed her into a
cyborg and planted an egg inside of her. Like in the anime she had no friends until
she met Chibiusa. However she meets Chibiusa at her school and then suddenly A daimon attacked
so Chibiusa transformed to fight it off and with the help of Sailor Moon. The
daimon was killed and Hotaru promise to keep it a secret and healed a wound that
Chibiusa gotten from the battle. Then Chibiusa and Hotaru become good friends and
she visits her often. Later the Outers tell the inners that Hotaru is Sailor
Saturn and she will bring an end to the world if she is awaken and because of
that they plan to kill her. Chibiusa then goes to see Hotaru, but she awakens
as Mistress 9 and ends up stealing the Silver Crystal from Chibiusa and
devoured her spirit. Hotaru was aware of Mistress 9 controlling her body and
was able save Chibusa's spirit and the silver crystal. She then saved the
inners from Mistress 9 and returned the Silver Crystal. She then faded away the Outers then found her as baby and raised her. In the dream arch she grew at an alarming rate and she awoken as Sailor Saturn and fought against Queen Nehellenia with the other soldiers. In Stars she returned to a normal life with the Outers and she went to school with Chibiusa. She was mad when Chibiusa went back to the future and during the battle against the new enemies she had to take care of Luna and Artemis. However she left earth when she sense that the Outers were in danger. Later it was shown she died while trying to protect Pluto.

Why I like her:
I think Hotaru is my favorite Outer Solider. I love the friendship between her and Chibusa. I loved how it had more development in the anime than the manga. She's also a cutie when she's a little kid! I wished she had a transformation in the solider Sad

Fun facts:
She's the only solider who's name was kept in the English dub (Mars does not count because her name was spelled differently).
Her only "transformation scene" was in a Sailor Moon video game
Her name means firefly rising from earth.

P.s Sorry for this being late! I was busying getting ready for my vacation! ^^*
info credit: wikimoon
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime14th March 2012, 8:43 am

Here are some pictures!!

Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread Saturn10
credit: Sailor Moon wikia

Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread Eterna10
credit: AmayaKouryuu (Deviantart)

Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread Bishou10
credit: http://mangadrawing.net/Image/admin/Bishoujo-Senshi-Sailor-Moon-Meiou-Setsuna-Sailor-Pluto-Sailor-Saturn-Tomoe-Hotaru/12915 (wasn't sure if this was the original artist. I found it here by using google) Neko-75 (from devianart)

Last edited by Yamichan16 on 14th March 2012, 10:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime14th March 2012, 8:50 am

Yamichan16 wrote:
Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread Bishou10
credit: http://mangadrawing.net/Image/admin/Bishoujo-Senshi-Sailor-Moon-Meiou-Setsuna-Sailor-Pluto-Sailor-Saturn-Tomoe-Hotaru/12915 (wasn't sure if this was the original artist. I found it here by using google)

This one is by http://nako-75.deviantart.com ^^ She's one of my favorite SM artists ^^ Anyways, I will definitely add to this forum later ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime14th March 2012, 10:38 am

Thanks for finding the original artist, Paprika. I figure that website just posted people's works for other sites like Deviantart. I love that drawing of Saturn! She looks so cool!
Back to top Go down
nekosenshi
Star Seed

nekosenshi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime31st July 2012, 12:22 pm

I'd just like to say that I found a website about the Sailor Senshi that said that Hotaru had schizophrenia. That is ludicrous. They think that because they're confusing schizophrenia with multiple personality disorder; because she was Hotaru and Mistress Nine. Schizophrenia as a multiple personality disorder is one of society's most common misunderstandings. The "schizo" part is about how the brain is split between reality and psychosis, not the personality being split.
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime31st July 2012, 1:14 pm

Wouldn't mistress 9 just be the negative part of her that pharaoh 90 had to do with? In my mind I always pictured her as an innocent little girl until the accident with her and and professor tomoe. Pharaoh 90 and the professor made a deal that he would let hotaru live as long as he could use Tomoe as a host, and I always thought this was the same with Hotaru except mistress 9 was just using her as a host since after she was reborn I thought she was a pure senshi again? I never seen a personality disorder of any kind except mistress 9 was just using her as a host to awaken.
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime4th August 2012, 10:56 am

I loved Hotaru's character but I was always disappointed we didn't get to see more of Sailor Saturn in the anime. She only appears as Saturn in like one whole episode of S and like two or three times in Stars. Even when she makes her appearances, we never actually see Saturn use her powers when she fights Pharaoh 90 like we do in the manga and the only time we see her use an attack in Stars, it's a rather weak defensive attack. The manga gave Saturn much better treatment than the anime did and I hope we'll get to see more of her in the reboot.
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime4th August 2012, 11:02 am

I think her mystery is what keeps her interesting. I agree, I'd like to see more of her as well, but I think she's purposely left out a little bit for that reason. They could given us a little more of her while keeping her sense of mystery, though :/
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime4th August 2012, 12:20 pm

I don't know. Saturn in the anime just kind of reminds me a lot of Boba Fett in Star Wars in that everyone loves them and thinks they're the coolest characters but they barely have any on screen appearances and get killed off rather easily.
Back to top Go down
nekosenshi
Star Seed

nekosenshi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime9th August 2012, 12:07 pm

Boba Fett? Really? No way. Hotaru is complex in the anime. Boba Fett doesn't even have a personality. He's just a bounty hunter. Hotaru was way more important to Sailor Moon than Boba Fett was to Star Wars.
I NEVER understood why anyone loved Boba Fett either.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime9th August 2012, 12:10 pm

May I post my panoramic shots of Saturn here Yami dear Smile ?
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime16th August 2012, 7:49 pm

Some panoramic shots I've made of Saturn (I'm sorry for the white frames >___>) Please enlarge the images!

Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread 2_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d59zxrw

Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread 11_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d59zxsj

Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread 15_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d59zxsr

Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread 10_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d59zxsg

Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread 3_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d59zxs1
This was such a sweet scene

Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread 12_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d59zxsk
Look at her eyes Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread 4271128786! They're absolutely GORGEOUS

Advertising: here are the rest I've made http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t2689-tsuki-s-panoramic-sm-shots
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
nekosenshi
Star Seed

nekosenshi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime1st April 2013, 1:56 pm

I agree Hotaru never had a personality disorder either, but the baka who said she had schizophrenia was making that mistake.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime14th May 2013, 2:57 am

Saturn/Hotaru is my favourite Sailor Senshi; she's devoted to her role despite having the position of wiping out Crystal Tokyo (which really must be emotionally painful). Once she's no longer possessed by Mistress Nine, she grows much stronger and she is just beautiful. I shall post some fanart (obviously not mine) to prove that point.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Silence Wall on 17th June 2013, 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Nyanko
Star Seed

Nyanko

Star Seed

Title : Sailor Mau

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime14th May 2013, 5:29 am

I love Hotaru, she's one of my favorite characters. She's been one of the senshi that's been my fave since childhood (along with Setsuna and Chibiusa). I think what first attracted me about her character was her whole "dark and mysterious" aura, yet underneath that she was a sweet and shy gal. I find myself relating to her (not as much as I used to do, but I still do), since we both have similar personalities.

Also, a thing that really peeves me off is how some of the fandom seems to hate people for loving her so much, and say that she's such an unimportant character, and it's just... wow, really? How is she unimportant? The whole Infinity Arc/S Season freaking revolved around her! And past that, she has the importance of being Chibiusa's first and closet friend. Unimportant my butt! Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread 473108418
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime17th June 2013, 9:44 am

We needed more Saturn/Hotaru fanart. (again, not mine)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime3rd July 2013, 6:11 pm

I LOVE HOTARU!!! XD

I wish the anime had kept some of the manga aspects that really showcased the tregedy that Hotaru went though, like how her father had tried to turn her into a super human for his experiments and she ended up having a very frail and weak cyborg body... but at the same time I love that her father was truly good in the anime and survived to be with her once again!

Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread 2869872805 It's so sad she's always getting taken away! *Anime family feels!*

Anyone else think anime Tomoe knows about his little girl being a senshi? I like to think he does but he might not. If he doesn't, he'll be in fore a shock when his infant daughter returns home as nearly a teenager. I know they kinda just shooed him off after Hotaru aged and all but the loves! So sad!

Anyway here's one of my fav Saturn Tribute AMVs

Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime11th January 2018, 8:26 pm

I only very recently started to give Saturn much notice... All because of Crystal 3, actually! It took me that medium to finally fully appreciate the tragedy of her existence in all its gut wrenching, feelsy glory... Makes me excited to learn more about her in the coming year~.

Anyways, since it's her birthday week, I just wanted to pop in and say...
"Hotaru! Let me love you! T^T."
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Sakuranbo
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime26th April 2018, 8:26 am

Hotaru is amazing and she is a very interesting character too. Hotaru is one of my favorite characters in the Sailor Moon series along with Rei, Setsuna, and Ami. It would have been nice if she had more screen time in the Anime when she transforms into Sailor Saturn because she could have been helpful and she has very strong attacks too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread   Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Saturn Dedication Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top