The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

[MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects   [MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd February 2019, 5:28 pm

wow my notifications of this thread got buried so far deep xD

Totally subbed to your channel now! Have you made any more progress on the game since last Oct?
Back to top Go down
SelectedLime375
Pyramidal Crystal

SelectedLime375

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects   [MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th February 2019, 11:59 am

Brit-chan wrote:
wow my notifications of this thread got buried so far deep xD

Totally subbed to your channel now! Have you made any more progress on the game since last Oct?
Thanks! I've been reworking the input so it works with a gamepad. I just finished reworking the character select today. Next up is adding a second "player". It won't be control-able yet, I'm just working on the mechanics for now. Once I've got that done I'll post another video update.

Also woo-hoo, we made it to 2 pages! [MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects - Page 2 2027930456
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/view/selectedlime375/home
SelectedLime375
Pyramidal Crystal

SelectedLime375

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects   [MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th February 2019, 9:27 am

Base mechanics for the second player and gamepad input are now setup. I've updated the HUD for the players to better match LEGO games. The HUD also changes based on whether the player is active or not. I've also updated the model for the coins and they rotate now.

The camera has been updated so if follows both players. The players are "tethered" to each other, so they are limited in how far away they can move from each other. I grew up playing the first LEGO Star Wars and LEGO Batman video games, so I'm using some of the older LEGO game mechanics like the player tether, which kept both players on the screen.

Changelog:
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects   [MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th April 2019, 2:10 pm

I love seeing the progress you're making! I don't remember if I've (or someone else) has asked, but did you plan to make a full story that follows the SM story? Or maybe covers one season or something?
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects   [MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th April 2019, 8:05 pm

ooooooh! This keeps looking better and better! What game engine is it going to run on?
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
SelectedLime375
Pyramidal Crystal

SelectedLime375

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects   [MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th June 2019, 9:30 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
I love seeing the progress you're making! I don't remember if I've (or someone else) has asked, but did you plan to make a full story that follows the SM story? Or maybe covers one season or something?
Sorry for the absence guys, work has been crazy busy. I still haven't decided quite how I'll split up the story. I like how the LEGO Batman game split up ideas from the movies between the levels. That one had 5 levels per hub. If one hub was a season, then the first four levels could each be for a Negaverse general and then the 5th would be Queen Beryl. Doing it that way splits it up nicely, but doesn't give much room for all the different Youma.

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
ooooooh! This keeps looking better and better! What game engine is it going to run on?
Thanks! I'm making this in Unity3D.

I've actually had an important mechanic worked out for a while, but I want to finish an animation before posting it. Once I get time to do the animation, I'll make another video of the changes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects   [MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[MM] SelectedLime375's LEGO Sailor Moon Projects

View previous topic View next topic Back to top