The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

If I could change anything about the channel I would...
Make it a magical girl channel instead
The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_vote_lcap14%The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Make it an anime channel instead
The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_vote_lcap9%The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Split it into #reddit #twitter #youtube channels
The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_vote_lcap14%The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Add even more content like product reviews
The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_vote_lcap9%The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Put it under a group dropdown ▼ so it's easier to hide
 14% [ 3 ]
Get rid of it altogether
The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_vote_lcap32%The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_vote_rcap
 32% [ 7 ]
Something else entirely (please comment below!)
The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_vote_lcap5%The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
I don't use Discord/don't care about what happens
The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_vote_lcap5%The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! Empty
PostSubject: The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted!   The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_icon_minitime21st May 2018, 7:08 am

Hey all! I got a lot of thumbs down when I asked how you felt about the #Sailor_Moon_News channel on Discord - which is great! I love knowing what you think of new things we try out on GC. I'm interested to hear if there is anything we could change to make it something you enjoy. I've added a few poll options, but I encourage you to comment below to elaborate.

Thanks so much!  The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! 1333987389

Last edited by Sailor Jupiter on 22nd May 2018, 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted!   The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_icon_minitime21st May 2018, 7:36 am

its really not bad but lots of the links don't show up all the time or they repeat a lot
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted!   The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_icon_minitime21st May 2018, 7:41 am

Sportsnutd wrote:
its really not bad but lots of the links don't show up all the time or they repeat a lot

Unfortunately this isn't something we can change. As long as we have the channel, this will happen. Discord doesn't understand how to pull externally linked images from a reddit post, and I also can't control what people post - so if they decide they want to post the same thing on their Twitter five times, we'll see it five times. I do try to go through and delete things though, but usually only once or twice per day.
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted!   The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_icon_minitime21st May 2018, 7:43 am

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Sportsnutd wrote:

Unfortunately this isn't something we can change. As long as we have the channel, this will happen. Discord doesn't understand how to pull externally linked images from a reddit post, and I also can't control what people post - so if they decide they want to post the same thing on their Twitter five times, we'll see it five times. I do try to go through and delete things though, but usually only once or twice per day.
yeah, I know Jupi thanks for listening :Heart:
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted!   The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_icon_minitime21st May 2018, 8:54 am

I feel like most of it isn't really news. I get all excited hoping for some news from the official Twitter or Usabu and instead it's Ami with a cannon. I think it would be better to have them split up. And to actually have a channel soley dedicated to the official pages.
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted!   The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_icon_minitime21st May 2018, 9:24 am

Starchild wrote:
I feel like most of it isn't really news. I get all excited hoping for some news from the official Twitter or Usabu and instead it's Ami with a cannon. I think it would be better to have them split up. And to actually have a channel soley dedicated to the official pages.

Yeah I think this takes my idea of splitting it up even further. While having a reddit feed is nice if you're interested on whats going on there, its far from a good news source. In fact, I get my SM news quicker from the official twitters than anything. What I DO like about reddit, is sometimes I see a nice fanart or a discussion I end up find out to be interesting. Or the other day, there was a thread where we started sharing otakus from the Otaku generator on DollDivine and somehow PEOPLE DIDN'T KNOW IT EXISTED.  

What is happening to this fandom?

*cough*

Anyway, I like Star's idea of having the official twitters be separate and then VAs, actors/actresses and fan run channels their own.

You could make the official ones actually be the "news". Which sometimes it might just be merch announcements and sometimes its bigger things like musical announcements or convention announcements (via the North American SM twitter).  Also, sorry to bust any bubbles but if you're looking at the news and expecting anything Crystal related anytime soon, you're setting yourself up for disappointment for quite a while. And other stuff can just be fandom feeds.

I don't mind adding in other series stuff like CCS, since Clear Card Arc is on going, but I also worry about spoilers but thats my fault for being behind xD.

And for those of you who don't like it, you know you can mute the channel right? Just like any other channel on the server.   I generally think its a good idea cause I like being able to get instant feeds on whats going on about the fandom BESIDES our little corner. Maybe you'll see something you might not have necessarily seen before?  Maybe we should all just go and do a quiet take over of the subreddit to make it better.xD j/k j/k
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted!   The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_icon_minitime21st May 2018, 9:33 am

I just don't like this bot period--XD I muted it the day it showed up--but if I had to offer a suggestion to make the bot better, I think I would prefer the news channel only posting from the official groups like what Star was saying above, because a lot of the information being shared isn't really "news." Maybe a second channel could be made for the unofficial sources but then that would be adding more channels. XD XD XD

Edit: I'm also going to add that I personally don't care much about other anime / magical girl anime, so adding that to the bot would not encourage me to pay more attention to it. I am however open to the concept if that is what everybody else would prefer.
The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! 2422052349
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted!   The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_icon_minitime21st May 2018, 11:15 am

I have mixed feelings about it. While I do like that it does post quite a bit interesting things-it feels mostly click-baity as it's not actual sailor moon news, but more or less ANYTHING sailor moon related-including fanart. Lots, and lots, and LOTS of fanart. It also posts a bit too much-again, mostly having to do with the fanon part of the "news" instead of the actual news having anything to do with the franchise. If there were a way to have it feature only legitimate news-merch, musical, manga/book announcements, interviews ect-that would be perfect.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
cardea
Lotus Crystal

cardea

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted!   The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_icon_minitime21st May 2018, 11:27 am

I also like the idea of having a news channel that is actually only news. Like Brit, I get most of my actual Sailor Moon news via the official twitters, English and Japanese. But yeah it's mostly merch announcements for the time being, lol.

I also don't really like the idea of adding other anime to it... while it's nice in theory, none of us would have seen every anime it posts about, so it would just increase the number of irrelevant posts to each person, while also running the risks of giving spoilers. But if other people are for it, go for it! I do appreciate a lot of the Sailor Moon fan stuff though, so something like a separate fandom feed would be nice, too.

EDIT: While I do like the bot and check the channel, it's also something I'm not too attached to, so I wouldn't mind if it were gotten rid of entirely.

Last edited by cardea on 21st May 2018, 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RutleJake
Lotus Crystal

RutleJake

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted!   The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_icon_minitime21st May 2018, 11:41 am

I don't like this bot....Like Andi, I too muted it the day it showed up (As well as the Pokebot)
So, just get rid of the news bot..
Back to top Go down
http://jacobchu.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS0LJZN3ouyvCZFAG_FxwEw
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

Title : Elite Senshi

PostSubject: Re: The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted!   The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_icon_minitime22nd May 2018, 2:01 am

Really there's not much more to add to this. I think Star's idea is the best one to go with.
Back to top Go down
http://droid24747.deviantart.com/
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted!   The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_icon_minitime22nd May 2018, 11:22 am

Okay! Thank you everyone for all of the feedback.

I've read every comment and decided to make a few changes:

• I'll be splitting the feed into two: sailor_moon_news for official twitters and sailor_moon_feed for things like chibijen (Moonsticks), the VAs, etc.

• I'm removing the link to the subreddit. Frankly, it's poor quality and I feel it's more spammy than useful.

In the future...

• I may consider deleting the linked VA accounts as these are their personal twitters and we get things like pictures of beverages and cats more than anything else.

You should consider...

• Muting the channels if you don't enjoy them and using the dropdown menu to hide them.

• That despite the changes, I still can't control what people post. If the official Twitter decides to retweet someone, we see it. I do go in and try to delete irrelevant posts about 1-2 times per day, but I can't stop those things from posting should they happen. Hopefully these changes cut down on the amount of silly posts we see.

Thank you everyone for your input! I really appreciate it.  The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! 398992973
Back to top Go down
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted!   The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_icon_minitime22nd May 2018, 8:32 pm

Thanks for your hard work~
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted!   The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The #Sailor_Moon_News Channel - Feedback Wanted!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top