The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SailorAries
Star Seed

SailorAries

Star Seed

Title : Lovely Angel Fisheye

Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] Empty
PostSubject: Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17]   Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] I_icon_minitime2nd August 2017, 5:57 pm

Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] MxuQVAU

Hi guys,

I decided to share my Sailor Moon related artwork here for fun after I got a few people asking me about the stuff I do. I currently have several projects underway, which I've listed here under their own sections to make it nice and neat. 

Quick Links [easy access to different series]: Lucky O-mikuji Fortune Show, Sailor Sus, Juban Crew Doujinshi [fan comic], Reviews and unboxings

*Video series
*text/written 
*Comic

Update: Btw guys there's a new achievement unlocked for those of you wonderful people who take the time to peruse my stuff! I originally made it as a joke but- well, listen guys I'm still joking around obviously lol

Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] 3MkpDae
Sailor Sus

This is an intentionally poorly drawn and microsoft sam acted parody series which recaps episodes of the anime and manga chapters with a humorous twist. This series is just like almost anything else I make- the actual content is almost always below PG-13 or PG-13 but I'm one of these people who just, like, swears a lot? Lol, so there's some adult language peppered throughout but nothing really inappropriate otherwise. Click the link below to watch Sailor Sus! (I didn't want to embed the video directly just given the content warning; even though these videos are honestly pretty innocuous for the most part lol)
Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] EjtOTtz
Click here for Sailor Sus!

Rei Hino's Lucky O-mikuji Show

This is a video series much like many other tarot/oracle card reading channels tend to offer, except there's skits in between with Sailor Mars and other Sailor Moon characters, and a lot of times the items you pick from to get your reading are related to the Sailor Moon franchise. Basically, every week you're asked to pick an item from a group and you get some kind of positive message! Plus, the language in this one isn't very sweary at all!- yet. 

Jūban Crew (aka my baby, let me know if the name could be improved because I'm bad with names)

This is the doujinshi I keep mentioning to people. It's something I started only like, two months ago, and I move slow, so there isn't much of anything ready yet, but I do have several colored artworks I did as proof of concept art or to put on various pages of the comic. It's really just something I've been doing for fun, since I absolutely adore Sailor Moon (obviously.) I had some life circumstances for a while which prevented me from wanting to work on art the way I used to, so I consider this a casual but engaging way to re-immerse myself in doing comics after a many years long hiatus. Despite the fact that it's messy and really more for my own entertainment than anything else, I seem to be taking a lot of pride in it since I'm happy to be doing artwork again lol. Like, guys, I taught myself to do halfway decent, not entirely bad digital art with a mouse again! ^.^ (psst, I drew them all by hand with pencil and paper since I'm not good with a tablet and traced the scans in photoshop haha)

Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] MAbWCPs

Well, anyways enough about me. This is a reimagining of SuperS/ Dream Arc focusing on the Dead Moon Circus. It was supposed to be a moderately faithful adaptation filling in details based on what occurred in the anime and I intended for it to be in the form of a short-run four panel type of gag strip. I.E. not a big project and not something wildly different from any cannon Sailor Moon materials. I blame the musicals for enabling me on this one; they're often so different from any other SM properties but I just love the creativity and the bizarre mixing of characters and plot points from different arcs haha. So I felt it was forgivable to deviate *somewhat.* And then Nehelenia screwed up my stuff Laughing The basic concept is a slice-of-life (I guess?) comic about the Dead Moon Circus and their weird family dynamics. I realize I'm ranting so if you click the link below, you can read more about it on my blog, which right now is in a bit of a shambles as all my websites are but I think it's starting to clean up pretty nice.
Senshi Centre Blog

Here's what I've got so far in terms of finished stuff. There is some more on my website if you click here but honestly not much. This comic will be, surprise, probably relatively tame content wise but full of swearing LOL Expect extreme plot deviations, especially in terms of how the family tree operates here. Oh well, the way I see it I'm being creative instead of totally copying Naoko and friends' ideas. XD
Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] 948193_8bd4e00980ca4753a1d491bb02b5661c~mv2_d_1441_1936_s_2

Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] 948193_193afd4fca404502ac0c8dab667acd93~mv2_d_1936_1848_s_2

Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] 948193_843e00a4bb9244f3b227d88d958ac567~mv2_d_2267_1785_s_2

Yes... that's Nehelenia all friendly with Fisheye. I don't know how she went from unseen evil to their buddy in just a few weeks of writing but yeah. This thing really flew away from me lol
Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] 948193_2d2f05f496aa4a22a867d1bcf9052ffe~mv2_d_1936_2592_s_2

Doesn't Tiger's Eye look a little weird here? I think so, but probably because I've never had to draw abs before and it looks strange to me XD
Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] 948193_121de667756c4fc7b6347fba2ed28f31~mv2_d_1936_2592_s_2
I actually made this for the forum's anniversary art contest because I accidentally thought it was a drawing contest lol.

Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] 948193_02881038ff2c4da887bcff3a596b13bb~mv2_d_1533_1388_s_2
And yeah I watermarked and signed all this stuff because I know it's not the greatest artwork ever but I've had my work stolen in the past when I was a kid so I'm a jerk about that now. Some characters I have more practice in drawing than others, so hopefully the designs for some of them improve a little bit. (Nehelenia's eyes, ugh)

Reviews and Unboxings:

I also do reviews and unboxings of various Sailor Moon related items, although they tend to have image/audio quality issues that don't always appear in my editing software and then suddenly become apparent after rendering and apparently can't even be fixed half the time? I really need a new camera lol
They're still kind of fun though, I think. The Fisheye cel one is probably the most entertaining, because I got an actual cel of Fisheye who's my fav soo... I was thrilled lol. [do I even need to tell you this one also contains language? LOL]
Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] SZQVFCt
Click here for 1995 Fisheye cel unboxing/review!

So yeah, because I actually can do artistic projects now I've been keeping myself busy haha. Lemme know what you think if you feel compelled Laughing If you have any suggestions for an episode you want to see adapted to Sailor Sus edition or something you want to pick from for the Rei fortune telling show, please share.

Last edited by SailorAries on 8th August 2017, 3:16 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUSm_SqnGvh9lhgp58q3Fxw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17]   Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] I_icon_minitime3rd August 2017, 5:44 pm

Cute art of the Trio! What program(s) do you use to draw digitally? I saw you mentioned using a mouse? How long does it take you to outline everything before you color?
Back to top Go down
SailorAries
Star Seed

SailorAries

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17]   Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] I_icon_minitime4th August 2017, 7:21 am

Thnx Andi ^^ I use photoshop right now. Yeah, I mean idk why I said mouse, I meant trackpad lol. Um, as for time, I don't really know since I don't keep track and I do them in multiple sittings usually, but I'd say maybe like... two hours, 2 hours and a half maybe start to finish with all the color? I'm unsure haha. It's not super long but not like, only a half hour or quick like that either. Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] 1695130124  I've got one I'm working on now, so perhaps I can try to keep track of how long it takes since now you've got me curious lol.

EDIT: Actually I think I'm being overly conservative on that estimate...probably more like hour and a half to two hours, the latter being if there's a lot going on in the picture. There's probably more complex ones that took me longer but... idk. I tend to work fast but I feel like these do take kind of a while, probably just because I split up the work over time rather than sitting down to do it all at once.
Back to top Go down
SailorAries
Star Seed

SailorAries

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17]   Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] I_icon_minitime4th August 2017, 12:37 pm

Sailor Sus Ep. 2

Just uploaded Sailor Sus Ep. 2 if anyone's interested in seeing
Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] BLrMiii
Back to top Go down
usagi-serenity
Lotus Crystal

usagi-serenity

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Chibi Chibi (^▽^)

PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17]   Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] I_icon_minitime4th August 2017, 1:28 pm

These are all so good!
Back to top Go down
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/usagiserenityy
SailorAries
Star Seed

SailorAries

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17]   Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] I_icon_minitime4th August 2017, 2:19 pm

@Usagi-Serenity Thanks Smile Btw did you make that Mamo and Usagi sig? It's really cute.
Back to top Go down
SailorAries
Star Seed

SailorAries

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17]   Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] I_icon_minitime5th August 2017, 12:05 pm

New Nehelenia pic :p
Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] 948193_b7b6d465ecc941d5af3ef9af65beef7f~mv2_d_1936_2592_s_2
The background is Tokyo Midtown, which is this cool place in Roppongi that I've decided will serve as the home base for Dead Moon Circus. After all, Roppongi, which is near to Azabu-Juban, is apparently both an affluent nightlife hub and also a popular hang-out for tourists and ex-pats, so I thought it made a good location for a bunch of people originally from another country who like to drink. XD Go look up the videos of this place if you're bored, it's very pretty.
Back to top Go down
usagi-serenity
Lotus Crystal

usagi-serenity

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Chibi Chibi (^▽^)

PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17]   Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] I_icon_minitime5th August 2017, 2:09 pm

SailorAries wrote:
Btw did you make that Mamo and Usagi sig? It's really cute.
Yes I did! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/usagiserenityy
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17]   Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] I_icon_minitime5th August 2017, 8:10 pm

Why is Nehellenia so cute! She looks like her quartet here! So mischevious! <3
Very nice job here! <3
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
SailorAries
Star Seed

SailorAries

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17]   Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] I_icon_minitime6th August 2017, 11:08 am

@Starchild Aww haha thanks! Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] 1955989781  I dunno for some reason everything I draw is like, cutesy... I can't draw anything that looks evil XD I chalk it up to a combination of my relative inexperience as an artist (compared to most other adult people I probably don't have nearly as much practice lol) and my obsession with cute things. Btw speaking of cute things, I can't believe I missed the deadline for your senshi contest! Crying or Very sad It was so adorable I really wanted to enter but I've been getting ready to go back to Uni along with lots of other stuff that's recently come up and it totally slipped my mind :[[ I'm sorry, I'll send her to you anyways just for fun so you can see what she was going to look like. Thanks for taking a look at my art =w=
Back to top Go down
SailorAries
Star Seed

SailorAries

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17]   Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] I_icon_minitime8th August 2017, 3:08 pm

Bad drawings I did with my eyes closed! Please see Draw With Your Eyes Closed Challenge- Sailor Moon Style! game for details... these aren't supposed to be good XD

Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] VtEe49G
"Queen Beryl"
Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] QX5vvkb
"Helios"
Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] NEyNZHG
"Tuxedo Mask"
Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] KOmaGQV
"Nehelenia"
----------------------------------------------
Okay, you guys I swear I'm working on the comic lol. I'm just also trying to feign off existential dread of having to go back to school ugh (my college is lame as heck.) I do have the first "story" I guess(?) almost done, but idk if it's the funniest/best one to start off with at this point. It's literally the first one I ever began doing for this series, sooo lots of details have change in the interim. I will just give you a synopsis today along with some of the things I'm working on so that at least you guys have *some* idea where this is going. 

This picture is from Sailor Moon Drops, sorry I'm so lazy I couldn't draw it myself right now
Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] Tumblr_ot97dldBDR1ub0sqao1_1280<---isn't she sort of cute tho? X3 too bad I didn't make it, right? haha
Synopsis thing:
Nehelenia has a very hard time trusting anyone, and who could blame her, with all she's been through? The only people she really feels totally comfortable around are her children, who she rescued from abandonment in the middle of the jungle (can you believe people? Leaving children in the woods like that) and her pets. One night, nursing a glass of wine (def. not her first) she confides her sorrows to her pet angelfish, Fisheye. Sure, the fish can't talk, but a fish won't judge you either. Nehelenia is lonely and needs some trustworthy drinking buddies. Besides, she worries for the future of her children and who would look after them if something were to happen to her (don't count on it, she's tapped into the fountain of youth, nightmare energy. Sounds fun right? Now do you get why she's so testy?) If only there were people like Fisheye she could hang with and feel comfortable around... well, maybe there can be.

Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] 948193_45e4006f549c48109222aba99b9b2a05~mv2_d_2155_1808_s_2
I did this quick sketch for y'all so you can see the switch

Why not turn your pets into people? That's a good, sober idea. 

Family tree: you will probably need this if you do actually plan on reading this ridiculous, silly thing at some point lol. Why do you need it? So that when people bash each other for how unfortunate it is that they're related to each other it makes sense. 

Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] 948193_ecd059393fbc45aaaf39db49f1027b66~mv2_d_1800_1200_s_2

Yeaaaaah, it's weird. But I never said this wouldn't be. It's supposed to be weird/funny. XD
Probably the one that has you guys the most confused is Hawk's Eye. I dunno why I decided on this? I swear. Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] 1637294219 It just kinda, happened? Laughing  The reasoning behind that relation is Nehelenia smuggled his unhatched egg out of the Yucatán because she was sad her old pet bird died, so while the other two have false memories about their parents and lives before the circus, Hawk only remembers Nehelenia/Dead Moon. Don't worry it's funny I promise. The other two are "honorable mention" kids because, as they see it, they're her kid's best friends so she tries to be the "fun mom" and include them. (it's actually because they used to be her pets but shh don't say anything. Ignorance is bliss.) Yeah, she's the perpetually irritated but doting mother Helen-chan who dislikes everyone but her kids...  ugh guys what the literal fudge has this become?
 Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] Kaichou-wa-maid-sama-ep-24-2

See how I have no sense of direction with this? 
Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] 948193_42d63572d36b48fd8105d2083b5a314c~mv2_d_2550_3300_s_4_2

This says "hi this is an introduction chapter" but hey, I bet it isn't rly the thing you guys are gonna get anymore... lol I don't feel like drawing all that exposition! bounce:bunnydizzy:So I'll have to edit it to say like "Ch 1: weird stuff happens, what is life?" or something haha

[btw if you wanna see that without the ugly watermark you can go to the doujin section of my site, I'm just trying to prevent random ppl from stealing the stuff in case it somehow migrates off this site or a first time lurker from google is like hmm lemme take that. Not that this is super likely to get stolen, but ya know, "once bitten twice shy" ://]

Did you actually read all this? Congrats. Here's a sticker. 
Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] 3MkpDae
LOL XDD that comic sans 
Back to top Go down
SailorAries
Star Seed

SailorAries

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17]   Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] I_icon_minitime11th August 2017, 3:44 pm

Is it possible to request the deletion of a thread? I won't be updating this anymore since I'm leaving so it's probably kind of silly to keep it up 
Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] 2462981697
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17]   Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fortune Telling, Doujinshi, Parodies and More- SailorAries Big Ol' Art Thread [update 8/8/17]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top