The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Which of the senshi is the most responsible role model?
Usagi
[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_vote_lcap0%[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ami
[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_vote_lcap40%[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 6 ]
Rei
[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_vote_lcap7%[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Makoto
[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_vote_lcap20%[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 3 ]
Minako
[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_vote_lcap0%[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Haruka
[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_vote_lcap7%[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Michiru
 7% [ 1 ]
Setsuna
[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_vote_lcap19%[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
Hotaru
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Artemis
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Artemis

Inner Senshi AdminMember Support Director

Title : Formerly Sailor Gallifrey // "Professional" Bassoon Player ♡

[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? Empty
PostSubject: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_icon_minitime11th June 2017, 2:07 pm

[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? Te9tTW2
Original Thread: X

After a hiatus, the Greatest Hits Threads are back! Very Happy I thought this topic would be fun to bring back because it's not too serious, but it still makes for an interesting discussion because it involves detailed aspects of the characters' personalities.

Which of the senshi (both inner and outer) would be the most responsible role model, both for the other senshi and in general? I'm going to stick with the same four key qualities to look for in this discussion that were also used in the original discussion: maturity, studiousness, respect, and honesty.

Personally, I think it would either be Ami or Setsuna, but I'm not sure which one I would choose! They both score really high for me in all four categories, but Ami's strength lays in the studiousness aspect, while Setsuna's greatest strength is her maturity in my opinion.

What do you guys think? Happy debating! [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? 1434556979
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonadventures.tumblr.com/
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_icon_minitime11th June 2017, 2:21 pm

I think, from a purely objective level, it would be Ami. She's a devoted student who studies constantly and aims to be a doctor, which is a very high paying job and a good role model for girls who want to go into scientific and medical fields. She's pretty freaking mature, very respectful, and honest.

But I think, if we were going for a different sort of role model, a moral role model (not that Ami is lacking morals), than I think it's Usagi. Sure, she can be very immature, she's a poor student, and her respectfulness is lacking. She's pretty honest though, and she's probably one of the most genuinely good people in the series (or in any work of fiction I've ever encountered). She's very forgiving (even though she always says she's not in her speech), and is accepting and open to most everyone, and incredibly friendly. So I think there's something to be said there.

My third option is probably Michiru, and I think she ranks pretty high in all categories (expect maybe honesty) but I think I'm semi biased because violinist.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
RuinsRunes
Star Seed

RuinsRunes

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_icon_minitime11th June 2017, 3:19 pm

My first thought was actually Setsuna. I think because she's stoic and well, it's kind of in her job description - guarding the time door and all that. She also helps raise Hotaru.

Ami would be my second choice. I feel like Makoto could be pretty responsible, seeing as she's pretty motherly, and maybe the manga version of Rei? I suppose because she tries to be prim and proper, but the manga characterizations are so thin, it's really hard to say more about that.
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_icon_minitime11th June 2017, 6:06 pm

Sailor Zelda wrote:
I think, from a purely objective level, it would be Ami. She's a devoted student who studies constantly and aims to be a doctor, which is a very high paying job and a good role model for girls who want to go into scientific and medical fields. She's pretty freaking mature, very respectful, and honest.

But I think, if we were going for a different sort of role model, a moral role model (not that Ami is lacking morals), than I think it's Usagi. Sure, she can be very immature, she's a poor student, and her respectfulness is lacking. She's pretty honest though, and she's probably one of the most genuinely good people in the series (or in any work of fiction I've ever encountered). She's very forgiving (even though she always says she's not in her speech), and is accepting and open to most everyone, and incredibly friendly. So I think there's something to be said there.

My third option is probably Michiru, and I think she ranks pretty high in all categories (expect maybe honesty) but I think I'm semi biased because violinist.
onboard with the Ami train I am
Back to top Go down
cardea
Lotus Crystal

cardea

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_icon_minitime11th June 2017, 7:28 pm

I don't know if she's the best role model in all aspects, but I personally look up to Mako the most! She raised herself (and without the superfluous amounts of money that the Outers have), which makes her super capable in a lot of day-to-day things, but I also admire how she's simultaneously super caring but also won't take anything from anybody, making her a very loyal, protective friend. She might be a bit fast to act at times, and might not make the best grades, but she seems like the type of person who you could always rely on in a pinch.

Also, a side note, I would feel odd choosing any of the Outers for something like this, because they are, collectively, always so extreme and stubborn in their decisions. While they each have very admirable qualities individually (including their dedication to doing what they think is right), their inability to compromise or view things from other perspectives makes them overall not exactly the best role models. (This doesn't necessarily apply to Hotaru as much, but she spends a lot of time possessed/very young, so. You could also, depending on the version, say this doesn't apply as much to Setsuna.)
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_icon_minitime11th June 2017, 10:30 pm

I think it depends on which personality trait one considers the most admirable. Ami's studious and highly focused nature makes her a good role model, while Makoto's perseverance and kind nature also makes her a great role model for people who value those traits. Others see Usagi's forgiving and caring nature as something to aspire to, so it can work almost anyway you slice it.

My money would probably go to Neo Queen Serenity. It can't be easy being the ruler of the entire planet, and it would definitely take something extraordinary, not just in terms of power but also in terms of personality and temperament to handle this job.
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_icon_minitime3rd September 2017, 4:07 pm

I can name 2 who inspire many children, esp. girls: Ami (Mercury) and Makoto (Jupiter). Ami loves to study hard to get good grades, and Makoto is outgoing and expresses herself clearly, and both are athletic. I wonder who would win a track-and-field race between these two? Watch out, Haruka (Uranus) might beat em both (I seen the episode where Haruka is in a race). Ami and Makoto are mature, warm and nice towards others, these are the kind of cartoons are a good influence to anime's young viewers.
Back to top Go down
chrissifniotis
Lotus Crystal

chrissifniotis

Lotus Crystal

Title : Elite Senshi

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_icon_minitime4th September 2017, 2:01 am

It's hard see past Ami as a role model. Ami is definitely a person to look up to with her academia and wisdom. I do also think Makoto has many good qualities, very outgoing and independent.
Back to top Go down
http://droid24747.deviantart.com/
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_icon_minitime26th August 2019, 7:51 pm

I voted for Setsuna but my second place would actually be Rei. I feel like she sets an excellent example on how to handle life-changing experiences and continues to value herself in both body and spirit despite losing key support figures.

But it's hard to compete with the ability to adhere to the rules of the Time Door for several millennia XD.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model?   [Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Debate] Greatest Hits! Which of the Senshi is the Most Responsible Role Model?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top