The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence Empty
PostSubject: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime18th February 2012, 11:57 pm

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who felt this way, but I felt as though Usagi was never the Messiah and they completely wrote off who the real Messiah was. In the vision mostly depicted by Rei, the talismans go and then you eventually see Hotaru with the scythe which then attacks Rei before she wakes up. During that, Rei is calling out to her as the Messiah. I know she was represented as the Messiah of Silence, but I also felt as though she was the real Messiah. It shows her as creepy but she really was the one who saved everyone from dying when she was Sailor Saturn. Literally, Sailor Moon didn't save everyone at all. The only person she saved was Hotaru. Sailor Saturn was definitely the one who killed Pharaoh 90 and was risking her own life to do so.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 12:03 am

I think there were actually two Messiahs... X3 I can't remember, I'm pretty sure that there two possible Messiahs. It all depending on who took hold of the Holy Grail or something X3
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 12:05 am

One was the Messiah to save the world and the other was the Messiah of Silence, which Hotaru was supposed to be. I felt as though Hotaru, as Sailor Saturn, was the actual Messiah as well as the Messiah of Silence at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 12:22 am

Oh I see... hm... that's a real thinker. I'm really not sure... Hmm... Perhaps this is suitable for the Theories and Debates forum? ^^
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 12:45 am

Actually this would be a great debate/theories thread. Shall I move it there?
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 12:49 am

That makes more sense to move it there. Please do. <3
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 8:08 am

If I remember correctly in the anime when Sailor Uranus was dieing after getting her pure heart taken she was looking up at Sailor Moon. Before her eye sight became clear she saw the Messiah then it turned into Sailor Moon.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Sailor Nemesis
Star Seed

Sailor Nemesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 8:19 am

I believe Sailor Saturn is the Messiah to save the world.

In the manga when Sailor Moon releases the energy of the Holy Grail inside the Mistress 9, Hotaru was awakened as Saturn. She then proceeds to destroy Pharaoh 90 and close the portal to the Tau Nebula. In the Super S arc the spirit of Saturn returns and has the Grail with her.She uses the Grail to repower and the outer senshi. Later she gives the Grail back to Sailor Moon and with the power of the Sailor crystals it becomes the Holy Chalice, and permanently Sailor Moon's.

In the anime, when Mistress 9 held the Grail, Hotaru was able to awaken from within Mistress 9 as Saturn. I seem to recall, but I might be misremembering; that the Grail is Saturn's talisman. In the anime Hotaru spoke though Mistress 9 asking that she hold the Holy Grail. At first I
believed it was a ruse my Mistress 9 to get the Grail, but after rewatching the exchange between Moon and Saturn. I believe Saturn was the one speaking in order to awaken fully and be ready to fight Pharaoh 90. She didn't lament losing the Grail because all she needed to awaken was holding the Grail.

In both media Sailor Moon is referenced as the Messiah also. I have been focusing on Saturn recently so I would have to go back and analyze her contributions.
Back to top Go down
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 9:34 am

I believe, Sailor Moon is the Messiah of life, and Saturn is the Messiah of Death.

In my own thoughts you have to have both to equal each other out, both fought in the anime you don't know what was happening in that dome. In the manga power is pretty equal all around hense why a lot of people say Moon and Saturn are the most powerful.
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 2:49 pm

So, you're basically saying that Sailor Moon and Sailor Saturn are a bit of a yin and yang together?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 3:04 pm

Ooooh. Wonderful topic. : O

Really like Siren's idea. During the arc, I could see both Sailor Moon and Sailor Saturn being represented indirectly by the principal of yin and yang.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 8:20 pm

Hm, I need to rewatch the end of the S anime because although I am sure of what happened, I just want to be positive about my facts. In truth, I never look at the anime as being the real thing though because the writers thwarted so much from the original intentions of the manga.

In the manga, Usagi is indeed the true Messiah that was in everyone's visions. Yes, it was Saturn who comes to seal away the darkness and sacrifices herself to do so. She tells Sailor Moon that she is the senshi to bring death and destruction but Sailor Moon brings rebirth. After Saturn seals herself away it is Usagi who ascends into Selentiy and heals the Earth. As she does so, she takes the form of the Messiah in the visions that Mamoru and Rei were experiencing. As Mamoru says, 'The Messiah, was you, Serenity?' I wish I was on my laptop to show images. But yes, I believe Saturn had nothing to do with being a Messiah, simply that she is the opposite of Usagi, one of whom brings death as Usagi brings life.
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 8:24 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
In the manga, Usagi is indeed the true Messiah that was in everyone's visions. Yes, it was Saturn who comes to seal away the darkness and sacrifices herself to do so. She tells Sailor Moon that she is the senshi to bring death and destruction but Sailor Moon brings rebirth. After Saturn seals herself away it is Usagi who ascends into Selentiy and heals the Earth. As she does so, she takes the form of the Messiah in the visions that Mamoru and Rei were experiencing. As Mamoru says, 'The Messiah, was you, Serenity?' I wish I was on my laptop to show images. But yes, I believe Saturn had nothing to do with being a Messiah, simply that she is the opposite of Usagi, one of whom brings death as Usagi brings life.

This is exactly how I remember it from the manga, so I think you are quite right Jupiter. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 8:28 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Sailor Jupiter wrote:

This is exactly how I remember it from the manga, so I think you are quite right Jupiter. ^_^

I have the manga beside me, which I read through while I typed this out. Razz I must always have my facts when I post in the Theories and Debates! lol. I always pull out all of my manga and plop them around me while I type and read and get engrossed in the topic. Hehe. Which is why I cannot comment on the anime - I must be watching the episode as I reply!

/epic nerd failure
Back to top Go down
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime19th February 2012, 8:58 pm

Exactly Jupiter and don't worry if I was in my own house I would be doing that same thing have them all laided out and be in the debate topic more, so we can be nerdy together.
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 1:58 am

Well, I was speaking more of the anime at that point.

I just finished the manga right now and what you said I remember clearly. The manga makes it so much clearer that she is the Messiah and I can agree with it now. Now, if only the anime was clearer with a lot of other things as well... >.>'
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 2:06 am

The anime is rather notorious for having random plot holes like that. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 1:16 pm

As for the anime portion of Sailor Moon, I actually have always believed what Siren stated earlier - Sailor Saturn is the Messiah of Death and Sailor Moon is the Messiah of Life. The reason why I actually say Sailor Moon instead of Princess Serenity is this is the one season in Sailor Moon where we do not see Sailor Moon take on the form of Princess Serenity (which she has done so for each ending of every other season besides S).

In the anime, I have always believe these two to be a form of of ying and yang, basically Sailor Saturn being the Messiah of Death and sailor Moon being the Messiah of Life (pretty much what Siren stated). Sailor Moon's powers are mainly based on healing while Sailor Saturn's powers are based on death and destruction.

When Sailor Saturn appeared to Sailor Moon to thank her, at that time, Sailor Saturn stated that Sailor Moon as her current self, would not survive without the ability to turn into Super Sailor Moon, thus the responsibility fell upon her shoulders to defeat Pharoh 90. Sailor Saturn also stated that she would pretty much destroy Pharoh 90 but in return, her life would be taken as well.

Some other reasons I have for this theory is also based off of her design. Of all the Sailor Senshi, she is the one senshi that had a different brooch that wasn't Sailor Moon or Sailor Chibimoon. She has a brooch that mimic a "Pure Heart".

As for Sailor Moon, it took her pure heart or her being the Messiah of Life to save Sailor Saturn from her own demise of her own attack. The only way to do that though, was to be able to become Super Sailor Moon once more and enter the center of Pharoh 90.

Since Sailor Moon's main power throughout the series was the ability to "heal" it would make sense that she was the Messiah of Life where as Sailor Saturn's power is death and destruction, setting her up in the anime to be the Messiah of Death.

Also, a little bit off topic, but I have to mention this because I find this so interesting in regards to the anime itself. Season S is the only season where we do not see Sailor Moon take on the form of Princess Serenity/Neo Queen Serenity (which is also very opposite from the manga because in the manga, we see Sailor Moon take on the form of Princess Serenity).
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime20th February 2012, 4:38 pm

Paprika wrote:
Also, a little bit off topic, but I have to mention this because I find this so interesting in regards to the anime itself. Season S is the only season where we do not see Sailor Moon take on the form of Princess Serenity/Neo Queen Serenity (which is also very opposite from the manga because in the manga, we see Sailor Moon take on the form of Princess Serenity).

The S season, in my opinion, is one of the more thwarted-from-the-manga story lines. I have always especially been very upset by the way they (for me) tainted the beauty of Haruka and Michiru's characters. Also, they rather messed up Sailor Moon very much in her actions when in the manga, that final battle was one of her finest moments.

But that's just me getting of topic. Razz Gomen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence   Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Debate: Sailor Moon S - Visions of the Messiah and Silence

View previous topic View next topic Back to top