The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

[October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda Empty
PostSubject: [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda   [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda I_icon_minitime14th October 2016, 6:12 pm

[October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda Kc7VoWQ
October's Featured Otaku: Sailor Andromeda!
[October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda USK0iQa
Quote :
Kira Alderran, or Sailor Andromeda, had a bit of a rough patch in her life when her parents kidnapped her in the dead of night and chained her to a rock in order to sacrifice her to a sea monster, but she broke those chains and transformed into Sailor Andromeda! She defeated the monster, saving her planet, but hasn't quite gotten over that whole complete and utter betrayal thing (not that anyone blames her). With a cool head and an eye for detail, Andromeda is an ideal ally to have on any adventure!

Andromeda may best be known for her endeavors in the Hardcore Event adventure line, having participated in all but one of the events that lead up to and through the new Sailor War, but she is equally well known for many other stories she has starred in! Whether meeting a friend of her predecessor, allying herself with a young woman now pledged to be her Knight and starting to work through her issues, to relaxing after saving her planet from the Chaos Seed (with a few drinks, maybe), and even heading back to a planet ravaged by war just to check on things and totally not get romantically involved with anyone, Sailor Andromeda is a feature of the Galaxy Cauldron Roleplaying Section!
Quick Facts about Sailor Andromeda: 
Andromeda has been in play on the forums since April 2014!
Andromeda's home era is Crystal Tokyo!
Andromeda has been in 11 completed RPs! This is the highest number of completed RP's for a single character!
     --The Collector [1st HC Event]
     --Decay [HC Event]
     --Return to Zenar [HC Event]
     --The Hero's Ghost
     --Remnants [HC Event]
     --The Hero's Quest
     --Jailbirds
     --Andromeda Spire [HC Event]
     --An Andromeda Adventure
     --Fields of Enyalius [HC Event]
     --Light in Darkness [HC Event]
Andromeda is currently playing in 2 RPs!
     --The Hero's Knight
     --The Warrior Princess and the Miraculous Enyalian
Andromeda's Profile can be found here: Sailor Andromeda
If you're interested, you can look into requesting a pre-formed connection with her here: Sailor Mercury's Connection Center

[October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda YeAKWFzVoted Best Otaku Character, 2016[October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda Andromeda
Spoiler:
And Now, The OC Show!
Transcript of the Show! wrote:
[Kyra]Sailor Uranus-Today at 10:17 AM
The show's jingle blasts over the speakers, drenching the audience in an upbeat, energetic tune as the show's hostess - a tall, slender, green-skinned woman with sparkling glasses - took the stage, smiling widely and waving as she took her seat in a plush office chair behind a heavy wooden desk. As she got comfortable, her eyes seemed to catch on the clock sitting among the other random accessories strewn across the oaken surface and she raised her glasses and squinted with both pairs of eyes, then recoiled in theatrical shock. "Is that really the time?!" she asked looking out over the audience in mock surprise. "Well, then, that demands a change in scenery!"

With a clap of her hands, she stood the desk and plush chairs shot off stage, the fake night-time city-scape behind her changed to a morning city scape, and she walked forward and sat down just as a tall-chair shot up into place beneath her. She smiled, wiggling her eyebrows, and tweaked her bowtie, "Looks like the OC is now a morning Talk Show - Isn't that exciting?"

She paused, smiling through the appreciative applause for the stage's transformation, and then cleared her throat, holding up a hand to stop them. "The only thing that is more exciting is this morning's guest! We have a wonderful show for you all today, but before we start introducing famous chefs and a particularly devilish bug from the Antares system, let's bring on this morning's special guest! Hailing from the planet Andromeda, heeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrreeeee's Princess Kira Alderran!"

A door opens at the back of the stage, revealing Kira Alderran, looking perhaps a litlte confused at the sudden transportation from her home.

[Bubbles] Sailor Mercury-Today at 10:21 AM
It was morning time, and Kira did not like mornings. Especially hungover mornings. Somehow, she'd been yanked from her bed in what she deemed was an ungodly hour - and the experience itself was already PTSD-inducing enough - but then coffee was shoved into her hands and she was told that she was due to appear in some show. Now she stood blearily at the stage and stared at the audience, her head still throbbing, as she brought the coffee to her lips in an attempt to soothe the hangover and wake her up simultaneously. "What in all hell is this?" she asked, squinting against the light.

[Kyra]Sailor Uranus-Today at 10:23 AM
The hostess laughed heartily, "Oooohohohohohohohohoooo!! Isn't she fabulous? Good morning, Kira, darling, come on over here and sit by me!" She shuffled in her seat a little so she would be facing a second tall seat conversationally while still angling towards the audience.

[Bubbles] Sailor Mercury-Today at 10:25 AM
Kira's eye twitched at 'darling', but she obliged and sat on the seat, if only to get this over with as soon as possible. "Who are you again?"

[Kyra]Sailor Uranus-Today at 10:28 AM
She laughed again, her hand on her chest, "Oohohoho! Me? Why, I'm the Host, of course!" She leaned towards the audience, pulled down her glasses and winked once before straightening, crossing one long leg in a casual manner, "But enough about me, you're the star here this morning! Now tell me, how did you sleep?" she asked, adding a little bit of gravity to her voice at the last question.

[Bubbles] Sailor Mercury-Today at 10:30 AM
Well, that's not vague at all. She gulped down some more coffee and tried to appear somewhat less of a mess - there were cameras, and she was in no mood to be scolded by Marina or her parents about her 'PR disaster'. Actually, maybe one of them had set this up to rehabilitate her image or whatever. It wouldn't surprise her. "Not enough," she answered simply, shrugging.

[Kyra]Sailor Uranus-Today at 10:32 AM
"Oh, you poor dear," she replied sympathetically, reaching over to pat Kira on the knee in an attempt at comfort, "Nightmares?"

[Bubbles] Sailor Mercury-Today at 10:35 AM
She twitched again at the contact, not liking people touching her without permission. "Just didn't get enough actual... sleep. I tend to stay up late." She chose not to mention why.

[Kyra]Sailor Uranus-Today at 10:42 AM
She retracted her hand, leaned back and smiled widely, "You're in good company here, I can assure you! I much prefer a late night --" she turned to the audience and wiggled her eyebrows, smiling with a cat-like smile, " - and I usually get it - " and immeditely turned back to Kira, "But then I'm not one of the Sailor Senshi who saved the galaxy recently, so my motives could be a little different from yours!" She leaned in, her elbow on the back of her chair, and asked conspiratorially, "Tell me, Kira, was it terrifying to do all that?"

[Bubbles] Sailor Mercury-Today at 10:46 AM
At the sudden turn in the line of questioning, she had to readjust her expectations, after briefly starting to wonder if this was supposed to be some sort of impromptu therapy session. "Terrifying? Well, I would be lying if I said it wasn't scary. But most of the time I don't have time to think about that. I'm usually spurred forward by other things. The world hangs in the balance, after all. And once you've done it once... it almost seems like it's just part of your daily life." She thought about how in the last few missions, the desire to save Enya had been what single-handedly spurred her forward, and she hardly felt afraid of anyone or anything anymore.

[Kyra]Sailor Uranus-Today at 10:49 AM
"How absolutely heroic!" she enthused, throwing her hands to the air as though in disbelief, then turning back to face the audience with a rhetorical, "Isn't she just an inspiration?! I would've been quaking in my dainty little shoes, but she's made it part of her daily life! How fabulous!"

JupiterThunderCrash-Today at 10:51 AM
"Whoooo, Go Andromeda!" A hand made sign was being waved around in the audience

[Kyra]Sailor Uranus-Today at 10:52 AM
"Tell me, though, how did you find the strength? Were you born this strong, or did you grow into it? Tell us about your childhood!" She looked back to the audience and added as an aside, her eyebrows raising suggestively, "Let's see if I should head check out planet Andromeda for my next late night."

[Bubbles] Sailor Mercury-Today at 10:56 AM
With this question, Kira visibly slouched a little, before she attempted to regain her balance. She didn't like talking about her childhood, especially the incident, especially in front of this many people in the spotlight. Her eyes searched the audience, seeking familiar eyes. "I wasn't... I don't believe anyone is born strong, per se. Everyone grows into it. I think mine came from the moment of my awakening as a senshi. I was thrown into a situation where I had to fight the monster or die. It didn't leave me with much of a choice. I chose to live, and chose not to be helpless."

[Kyra]Sailor Uranus-Today at 10:57 AM
The Hostess clapped her hands, "What a humble answer! But now I'm curious; how did you awaken as Sailor Andromeda? Would you care to share that story?"

JupiterThunderCrash-Today at 10:59 AM
Marina wasn't sure how she had gotten here, but there she was, squeezed between two aliens while in full armor and squinting a bit under the bright lights of the stage in front of her. But Kira was here as well, to her alarm, so she made sure to watch over this strange show in case anything happened. The next few questions seemed to get more and more personal, and she could already tell that Kira was getting uncomfortable. Marina was having a difficult time staying in her seat, but she did her best to meet Kira's eyes when she looked out.

[Bubbles] Sailor Mercury-Today at 11:04 AM
Kira felt the slow crawl of panic stuffing her throat at this direct question - what if she just said no? Was that an option? - but then she found Marina's eyes in the audience, and she could see the concern in them. Perhaps this didn't have to be a pitiful story. Perhaps, just like she'd turned her helplessness into something empowering, she could do the same about this story. And if her parents didn't like her airing their dirty laundry, then, well, too bad. "It's rather a long story actually. Basically my kingdom faced the threat of a sea serpent that was ravaging Andromeda. A seer came forth, saying that the only way to banish it was by sending me to the ocean. So... my parents did." She looked down and gripped the seat tightly with her hands. Then, feeling a new sense of determination, she raised her eyes proudly to the camera and stated, "I was awakened as Sailor Andromeda when I was chained to a rock in the middle of the sea, face to face with a sea monster ready to devour me."

[Kyra]Sailor Uranus-Today at 11:06 AM
The Hostess wore her emotions on her sleeve - interest, concern, dismay, surprise, and, finally, concern again. "And you defeated it?" she prompted.

[Bubbles] Sailor Mercury-Today at 11:07 AM
"Of course. I turned the chains that once held me down into one of my weapons, and slayed that serpent with my newfound powers." It felt good to state it out loud, no longer feeling embarrassed about the whole thing. There was something cathartic in the whole process.

[Kyra]Sailor Uranus-Today at 11:08 AM
She clapped enthusiastically, "How absolutley inspiring! Isn't she something? Isn't she amazing?!" she cheered, turning to the audience for backup.

JupiterThunderCrash-Today at 11:11 AM
Seeing Kira fully accept the past and make it something that made her stronger instead of a weight pulling her down was relieving and incredible at the same time. Marina was worried that she would shut down completely, or lash out, but maybe she was beginning to heal more. Marina wasn't quite the person to cheer out loud, but she definitely clapped with the rest of the audience, smiling slightly.

[Kyra]Sailor Uranus-Today at 11:11 AM
"Tell me, though, where would you rate that in your long line of adventures? The most exciting? The most surprising? We want to hear about all of your adventures, but as we must leave time for brunch, share a few favorites with us!"

[Bubbles] Sailor Mercury-Today at 11:16 AM
"Oh, that's nothing compared to what I've encountered since. After that, I had met gigantic spiders, almost died multiple times in a toxic planet, saw some dragons - though sadly not riding them -" At this point her expression turned wistful, "apparently spent five months in a maze, saved my own planet again from a much bigger threat... and attempted to save a friend from Chaos. I think the highlight of everything has to be seeing Galaxy Cauldron with my own eyes, there at the end and beginning of everything." She paused, then added, "Oh, and fighting alongside a Chimera with heads that bicker among themselves called Wigglebottoms. That's a close second."

"But also, I think, the most important thing of all is I found a family in some of my teammates. That's been the most valuable thing I gained from all my adventures, to be quite honest."

[Kyra]Sailor Uranus-Today at 11:25 AM
The Hostess sat there with her mouth agape as Kira shared parts of her stories, her eyebrows raising in something akin to disbelief rather than saucy humor; when Kira finished, she placed her hand on her heart in reaction to the touching moment, and looked to the audience, "Well there you have it! Adventures with beasts, toxic worlds, mazes, and a Wigglebottoms, and still she values the best part as being the people she met along the way." She sighed in a dreamy, if overdramatic, fashion, and added playfully, "You've got my vote for Miss Milky Way for sure!"

She stood, apparently ready to move on to something else, but paused, turning back to her guess with a cat-like grin, "It is still Miss, right?" She started walking to stage right, waving Kira to follow, "Rumor has it that you may have a significant other from one of the planets you saved~ Can you tell us more about that?" She stopped before a mock-kitchen setup and effortlessly jumped over the counter to land on the other side, then propped her elbow on the surface to grin cheekily at the princess, motioning for her to join her on the other side, indicating the path around the stove-top island for her use.

JupiterThunderCrash-Today at 11:31 AM
Marina was so focused on all the different adventures that Kira had mentioned, trying to wrap her head around some of the more outlandish ones, when she heard "Significant other". What? Kira was being courted by someone? Marina looked even more impassive than usual, paying extremely close attention to the stage now. Was this person, whoever they were, good enough? Were they treating her right? What if they just wanted the power that came with Andromedan royalty? Why hadn't she met them yet?

[Bubbles] Sailor Mercury-Today at 11:31 AM
She stood up in confusion, wondering where they were going. Why was there a fake kitchen in here? She would rather like to see a bar instead... But then the question made her stop short. "Uh.. where'd you hear that?" She couldn't possibly be talking about...? She moved slowly around the counter if only to give her something to do that didn't make her look like a deer trapped in the headlights, and suddenly felt the spotlights shining just a tad too hot. "No significant others. I have no idea what you're talking about. Are we going to cook?" she asked in a not-so-subtle attempt to divert the conversation topic. "Because I have to warn you now, I have no idea how to use a stove."

[Kyra]Sailor Uranus-Today at 11:36 AM
"Oh, poo," She straightened in disappointment, "Must be bad intel." However, even as she mourned the loss of that potentially juicy story, she side-eyed Kira through her tinted glasses, seeming to suggest she knew something and was choosing not to bring it up. She smiled largely, putting both hands on her hips, "No idea how to use a stove? Well then it's good news for you that we have FRANKIE IN THE STUDIO!!"

Bells, whistles and alarms went off as the lights flashed and spotlights swung around the stage wildly, the Hostess's hand pointing to the door Kira had entered through. The door opened, but while no one seemed to enter through it, it closed again and the spotlights converged onto a single point to walk nothing across the stage to the kitchenette.(edited)

The Hostess held up one hand and a sharp smack was heard when someone, apparently Frankie, high-fived her. "Good morning, Frankie!"

"Good morning!" a deep, robust voice returned, originating from a space just over Kira's head. Still, though, nobody was there.

"We have a first timer, Frankie, and a dire need of strawberry pancake swiss rolls - isn't that right, everybody?!" she turned to the audience, hands wide, as the audience roared their approval; she turned back, hands in fists at her waist, and smiled, "Do you think you could help her out?"

"I think I can!" Frankie replied to more cheering from the crowd, "Let me just assemble what we'll need."

The Hostess stood back as music blared and cabinets opened and instruments flew through the air to land before Kira, from mixing bowls and spoons to various ingredients both powder, liquid, and solid, room temperature and cold. The invisible chef was hard at work, prepping for the brunch treat by pre-measuring ingredients and chopping strawberries with flourished ease -- or, at least, his knife flourished with ease. When finally the line was assembled, all work stopped.

[Bubbles] Sailor Mercury-Today at 11:43 AM
She was simultaneously too hungover and not drunk enough for this right now.

"I... think I'm just going to step back and let him do this," she said as she carefully backed away from the general area. "I mean, I don't want to accidentally stab him or step on him or whatever." On account that he was, for some absurd reason, invisible.

[Kyra]Sailor Uranus-Today at 11:48 AM
"Nonsense!" the invisible chef assured, one hand lightly landing on Kira's wrist, "I can take care of myself in a kitchen - and, besides, I've already finished all the cutting! Now, first, mix your dry ingredients into that large bowl."

He continued to attempt to lead her through the recipe, from mixing dry and wet to combining them and pouring amounts into a hot pan, all the while the Hostess stood back and watched, a playful look about her.

JupiterThunderCrash-Today at 11:50 AM
Marina was no longer sure what she was watching. Did they honestly expect Kira to cook? And this apparently invisible man? She was just going to chalk that up to senshi business and try not to hurt herself thinking about it. Hopefully Kira would not burn the studio down for the sake of baking pastries. She almost wanted to avert her eyes before something bad happened.

[Bubbles] Sailor Mercury-Today at 11:51 AM
Just wanting this to be over with, she did as she was told the best she could, trying not to flinch every time she felt herself bumping into something that she couldn't see. An invisible 'assistant' was really bad for her health. All the while, she wondered whose brilliant idea was it for her to do this.

[Kyra]Sailor Uranus-Today at 11:55 AM
"And then we gently slide the cake out of the pan and onto the rack, like so," the pancake did as directed, and the chef then went on to mixing the filling, adding in the chopped strawberries, and directing Kira to slather the filling atop the cooled cakes. "And now we have but to roll the pancakes and --"

But just as he was rolling the first pancake into a delicious looking brunch treat, a great, inhuman cry echoed across the stage, its pitch enough to make hairs stand on the back of your neck. The surprise stopped the invisible chef mid-roll, and the pancake fell flat onto itself unceremoniously.

"Oh, dear," the Hostess commented, folding her hands in front of her chest, "It seems the Antares scorpion may have gotten loose..."

[Bubbles] Sailor Mercury-Today at 11:57 AM
Kira was almost grateful for the scream - though at first she thought it was herself, unable to take it anymore, or someone else expressing horror that this had turned into a cooking show - and whirled around when the host stated calmly that a scorpion had apparently gotten loose. "Why on earth do you keep a scorpion in here?!"

[Kyra]Sailor Uranus-Today at 12:02 PM
She shrugged as though she didn't quite believe Kira didn't know why such a monster would be in the studio. "It's for our Dangerous-Animals-And-You segment - I thought you'd enjoy meeting a fire-breathing giant scorpion, but I hadn't counted on it outsmarting its trainers again!" A great black scorpion the size of a horse skittered on stage, its large claws dripping clear liquid, its tail poised threateningly above its head. It hissed, and flames shot out of its mouth, following the line of saliva.

"Well, it's time to evacuate!" The hostess directed cheerfully, her voice loud over the sounds of the audience breaking form and screaming in terror, "Head to your nearest exits, if you please! We'll be back Monday evening with another episode of the OC Show!"

She gave a thumbsup to the remaining camera, and the last image that was broadcast that night was her turning to Kira with an apologetic look, "Maybe a transformation is in order...?"

[[The End]]
Standing outside the burning galactic television studio, Kira is now available for questions from the Audience!

If you have any questions for Kira Alderran, Sailor Andromeda - our Featured OC, ask them below!

Last edited by Sailor Uranus on 16th October 2016, 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda   [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda I_icon_minitime15th October 2016, 10:07 am

Kira! What is your favorite breakfast food, when you're forced to be up in time for breakfast, anyway?
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda   [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda I_icon_minitime15th October 2016, 10:09 am

KIRA, WERE YOU ABLE TO EAT THE PANCAKES?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda   [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda I_icon_minitime15th October 2016, 10:26 am

Sailor Uranus wrote:
Kira! What is your favorite breakfast food, when you're forced to be up in time for breakfast, anyway?

They're called Conch Bread, an Andromedan delicacy! They're bread that tastes just like the ocean.

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
KIRA, WERE YOU ABLE TO EAT THE PANCAKES?

YES IT SEEMS ONLY FAIR AFTER I HAD TO DO AN UNSCHEDULED SCORPION SLAYING
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda   [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda I_icon_minitime15th October 2016, 10:33 am

Kira, have you ever had a crush on someone? Who was it?

Asking for a knight-I mean, friend.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
CrystalBunny
Lotus Crystal

CrystalBunny

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda   [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda I_icon_minitime15th October 2016, 10:34 am

Kira , can you swim ?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda   [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda I_icon_minitime15th October 2016, 10:38 am

JupiterThunderCrash wrote:
Kira, have you ever had a crush on someone? Who was it?

Asking for a knight-I mean, friend.

Hahahaaahhhaaanope.

CrystalBunny wrote:
Kira , can you swim ?

My planet is 90% water and I am an excellent swimmer.
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda   [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda I_icon_minitime17th October 2016, 7:24 am

Kira, what is your favourite way to unwind besides enjoying alcohol?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda   [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda I_icon_minitime17th October 2016, 7:51 am

There are other ways to unwind? I suppose sparring with the knights and/or swimming in the ocean with those awesome merpeople!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda   [October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[October] Featured Character: Sailor Andromeda

View previous topic View next topic Back to top