The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

[September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! Empty
PostSubject: [September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)!   [September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! I_icon_minitime9th October 2016, 9:25 am

[September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! Roleplayer_of_the_month_header_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d85b326
September's Featured Roleplayer: Aurae!
[September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! 6lkVQ6C
Eternal Knight wrote:
Aurae showed a lot of will to participate in more roleplays, she even took an empty spot in something she didn't know totally, made the efforts to learn about this new fandom. She made new characters, kept her storylines active and came back again for another part of the hardcore event after having participated without fault to the last one. She seems enthusiastic and I think it's the perfect attitude to have.

Quick Facts about Aurae, The Roleplayer!
Aurae has been roleplaying with us for forever. XD We're talking probably back in 2012-2013!
Aurae is a Rainbow Crystal Stamp Holder[September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! Rainbow_crystal_pixel_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d8x1l34, a Rainbow Crystal Moderator (overseeing the Tokyo City era!) and my personal Helper, which means she is all over this RPing section!
Aurae is currently running a Special OC Trick-or-Treating Event!
Aurae is currently playing the part of Sailor Xtal-Diamante (everyone's favorite pet rock XD♥)  in the Hardcore Event Conscription!
Aurae also plays Sailor Nocturnus, sweetheart bbsenshi of the original HC Event series and voted Best Otaku Character 2014!
[September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! KpnDyEr

Rainbow Crystal Stamps Collected:
[September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! Stamp_dark_blue_normal_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d7gil69[September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! Stamp_green_normal_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d7gil65[September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! Stamp_orange_normal_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d7gil5y[September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! Stamp_purple_normal_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d7gil5r[September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! Stamp_red_normal_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d7gil5d[September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! Stamp_turquoise_normal_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d7gil55[September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! Stamp_yellow_normal_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d7gil4r
[September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! Stamp_rainbow_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d7gil3t
List of Accepted CharactersAurae![September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! Rainbow_crystal_pixel_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d8x1l34
List of Storylines: Aurae![September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! Rainbow_crystal_pixel_by_tsuki_no_kagayaki-d8x1l34

When Aurae was interviewed by Sailor Mercury, she had this to say!
Quote :
How did you get into RPing? (Tell us your first RP place and fandom, if applicable!)

A long, long time ago, in an internet realm lost to the passage of time, Aurae wrote terrible fanfic and posted it online thanks to some of the "new" free webpage services (pre-Angelfire, Tripod, and Geocities, even...) which led to reading other Sailor Moon fanfiction and via webrings being introduced to... RPGs! My first RP was hosted by someone called "Sailor Nakitama" on one of the early free forums, and I played my very first fan-created sailor soldier. (The main character of said terrible fanfic~)

After only a few weeks, I was hooked. I made a lot of online friends thanks to my newfound interest in roleplaying, and I've enjoyed it as a hobby ever since~ ♥

Do you RP anything besides Sailor Moon?

Periodically~ Sailor Moon is the universe I enjoy the most. There is such potential... You can delve into unexplained facets of the past, present, and future... or explore the "what-should-have-beens"! You can use established characters or make something new. It always keeps my imagination active.

That said, I do sometimes delve into other series or universes of other things... especially if I'm bored. *shoots a meaningful look at the Harry Potter-themed RPs here* ;D

How long have you been RPing?

A very long time. I don't actually remember when I started, but it was prior to 2000.

What is your favorite thing about RPing? Why is it something you love to do?

I love interacting with other players.

No, I'm sorry: I LOVE interacting with other players!!!

My attempts at writing fanfic have never been terribly successful. I lose interest. I have almost never lost interest in an RP. The act of writing, knowing that another person will reply, keeps my mind thinking about what to do next. I get so excited waiting for a new post from someone else. I wonder, as I type my own replies, what the other players will feel when they read what I've written. My ideas improve when they're mixed with input from other people. It's that collaborative spirit that keeps me coming back.

Who is/are your favorite character(s) to RP, Sailor Moon or otherwise? Why do you love those characters in particular?

Small Lady is my # 1 gal. ♥

When I was a fresh Sailor Moon fan, it was common to loathe Chibi Usa. Fans constantly overlooked her depth and growth, mostly due to the horrible treatment from the North American English dub... and partially because she's younger than the rest of the Sailor Moon cast. There was a strong tendency at the time to lump Chibi Usa in with "annoying little sisters!" and ignore how she was portrayed in favour of personal biases. Usagi and Chibi Usa can both be whiny and selfish gluttons... but Chibi Usa has some really interesting elements of guilt, insecurity, self-sabotage, and fear that Usagi lacks. (Usagi has her faults, but they're different. Chibi Usa has a darkness to her that her mother does not. Hence the whole "Black Lady" thing.)

I also love creating non-canon sailor soldiers. I could conceptualize almost anything into a sailor soldier. Professor of Sailor Crystal Analysis: Aurae.

Outside of Sailor Moon, I love Himemiya Anthy from Revolutionary Girl Utena because she's such a strange blend of victim and aggressor. But we don't have any Utena-themed RPs here. ;D It's been a very long time since I had the opportunity to play her.

What types of stories do you love best? Any specific genre?

I can be talked into anything. My favourite type of stories are post-canon Sailor Moon futures. If the original sailor soldiers have retired or died and there are new heroes on the scene... that's something I want to participate in! Prior to my time here at The Galaxy Cauldron Forums, most of the RPGs that I created and joined involved future sailor soldier teams. Also, I have a not-so-secret RP lesbian agenda. Wait, who said that? No one said anything! Nothing at all!

What was the first RP or RP Event that you took part in on GC and what was your favorite part about it?

Okay, I'm having a hard time actually looking this up, but I think it would be fair to say that my first event was... THE HUNGER GAMES! And oh my goodness, was that quite a thing to join! I loved every reckless minute of it. It definitely prepared me for the future dungeon-style HC events.

My favourite part was how unpredictable it was! I spent a lot of time trying to think outside of the box, to see if something I encountered could be used differently than it may have originally been presented to me. That's one of the reasons I don't play many video games, actually... and I spent a lot of time with the various King's Quest computer games when I was a child. XD It paid off for that event!

What's your favorite part of RPing on GC?

All of the wonderful RPers! I've had so much fun writing and scheming with so many of you! I look forward to continuing to do more. ♥

Do you have any tips/tricks for people who might want to start RPing but are intimidated because they don't feel their writing isn't good enough or don't know where to start?

You won't improve without practice. ♥ The best thing that you can do if you don't think your writing is very good... is write. Read everything you can (especially RP posts of those you'd like to be like), then write, and ask for feedback on your writing. The Writing and Roleplaying Guild is a great resource for this... but it's not the only one! There are all sorts of groups on Facebook/etc. that exist to give feedback. Use them!

If you don't know where to start... start with the rules. ;D The rules are a great place to start!

And, don't forget, the Casual Events are wonderful places to test out RPing. You don't have to create profiles for most of them, and they have handy prompts to keep the story on track. You only learn to RP by doing it, not by avoiding it~

Fondest or most memorable (be it funny, touching, etc) memory in your entire RPing history?

I have a friend, who I see very regularly, who loves hearing "tales from the RP forum". She's basically secretly following alongside all that goes on here, summarized by me while we sit in my kitchen and drink tea. She'll come over, set down her knitting, and ask, "So what's going on in the RPs?!?!" She doesn't have an account. She never reads the forum as a visitor. But every week, she asks what's happening and requests that I explain it.

So remember, in all the RPs here... someone is hearing about all of it. o______o *watching eyes*

Tell us about the RP ideas you want to do that you haven't managed to do yet!

Honestly, most of my ideas don't seem to interest anyone but me. (: But I like hopping on board other people's ideas!

And lastly, tell us how you manage to seem like an Energizer Bunny of Roleplaying!

☆☆☆MAGIC☆☆☆

Okay, in all seriousness, I'm a very task-oriented person. I use this on the forums the same way I use it for work and my daily life: I create action items. I read every reply to threads that I'm in as soon as I log on next, and unless I am physically prevented from doing so, I post. If I can't post after I read it, I schedule a time for me to post. I'll just put a note on my calendar, and do it.

Even if I feel like I have no ideas, I force myself to write something. And then I tweak and re-write it, until I have something I'm okay posting. I don't expect perfection—timeliness trumps. It gets easier to do this the more I keep it up. It's like any other exercise—repeating it makes it simpler and quicker to perform again.

Do you have any questions for Aurae, our Featured Roleplayer from September? Ask her here! ♥

Last edited by Sailor Uranus on 5th November 2016, 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)!   [September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! I_icon_minitime9th October 2016, 9:37 am

OMG I LOVE THAT YOU HAVE SOMEONE YOU TALK TO ABOUT STUFF GOING ON IN THE FORUM!! XD That's hilarious!! ♥

♥ And your advice at the end of the interview about creating time-tables and replying to RP's as soon as you see them or scheduling a time to come back to them - that's so incredibly helpful and I agree so much!!  @.@ it's when they sit without any replies that the rp dies and everyone loses interest and everything! 

My question for you! What motivates you most in Roleplaying, besides camaraderie between players? Working through plots and exploring the stories, or character interaction and development?
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)!   [September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! I_icon_minitime9th October 2016, 7:39 pm

Sailor Uranus wrote:
My question for you! What motivates you most in Roleplaying, besides camaraderie between players? Working through plots and exploring the stories, or character interaction and development?

I enjoy both of those aspects, and I don't have a preference for one or the other. My next motivator would probably be avoiding my own boredom... e___e *is the worst*
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)!   [September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! I_icon_minitime9th October 2016, 7:43 pm

Congratulations!  [September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! 3884866259 That stuff you said about forcing yourself to write is actually super helpful, I'm always overthinking posts I make.

Do you like making characters that share personality traits or hobbies with you, or do you like making completely different characters more when it comes to RPs?
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)!   [September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! I_icon_minitime10th October 2016, 12:23 am

Also, tell us more about your first otaku senshi, even if she might be embarrassing :3
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)!   [September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! I_icon_minitime10th October 2016, 7:25 am

JupiterThunderCrash wrote:
Do you like making characters that share personality traits or hobbies with you, or do you like making completely different characters more when it comes to RPs?

Thanks so much, JTC! I'm glad you found my ramblings helpful! X3

I like characters that are a blend! When I tag a few personality traits or hobbies that I enjoy, it gives me a base of authenticity to build on. Then I expand out towards things that are less like myself, to add interest. As much as self-insertion characters can be fun, I don't need an army of myself. Variety makes it more interesting for me to write.

Sailor Mercury wrote:
Also, tell us more about your first otaku senshi, even if she might be embarrassing :3

Alright, here you go. XD

Name: Princess Aurora, daughter of Queen Aurorean. Reborn on Earth as Nijino Aurora.
Sailor Soldier Name: Sailor Aran
Element: Light
Appearance: Basically like me at the time, including terrible haircut, although lighter brown hair colour. Key difference? Rainbow eyes. I was rainbow-obsessed. Also, blame Lisa Frank.
Image below!:
Love interest: "Prince Uctolen" (Totally made that name up, and he had absolutely no personality. I thought that having a prince was mandatory.)

Original fanfic summary: Her world was destroyed when the Moon Kingdom fell, and she winds up being accidentally sent to Earth but not actually reborn. She crash-lands on "Raye"'s shrine and the others immediately take her in. Meanwhile, a strange man crash-lands on "Darien"'s balcony... it's Aurora's prince, how convenient! ;D She becomes close friends with "Rini" and eventually transforms into a "sailor scout" when a strange monster attacks. From that point the plot is basically unorganized. Sailor Aran helps Sailor Moon defeat an enemy, the origin of whom is never explained. The end.

In the RP she was first in, she once cried diamonds. A) I thought it was super cool as a concept and B) there, no need to worry about Earth currency, just trade in some diamonds! I was too young to know about diamond cartels. ;D
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)!   [September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[September] RPer of the Month - Aurae (Sailor Mercury)!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top