The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes Empty
PostSubject: Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes   Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes I_icon_minitime7th September 2016, 8:40 pm

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes VrDsHdY
If you can survive to the very end, you will have a chance to participate in a little game to earn a lovely bumper!

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes 2157414144 JESTE LI SPREMNI? (ARE YOU READY?) Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes 2157414144
'CUZ HERE WE GO!

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes FxUnUcJ

~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Cronglish~~~
Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes JQuqUtwWhat is it?
    Like a Star @ heaven Cronglish is what you get when you take words from English and transliterate them into the Croatian language using only Croatian sounds and letters. It has become a more popular trend in the past few years with words like telefonirati (to call on the phone) and lajkati (to like (on FB)) making their way into the language as jargon.

Like a Star @ heaven Cronglish can also be seen on the internet in the comment sections and memes of various social media and video sharing sites. Here it is used in a more literal manner to emphasize the Croatian accent on English words, especially when a video/article highlights a native Croatian citizen speaking in broken English with a very thick accent.

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes JQuqUtwIf you are representing Croatia abroad during an important international meeting and your English is questionable, you will most likely become a meme. XD Politician and lawyer Ingrid Antečević-Marinović found out the hard way when she arrived before the European Parliament in 2013 to give her speech, not in English, but in Cronglish! Very Happy

Here is her original speech:

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes JQuqUtwLike a Star @ heaven ...And the internet's response? Priceless as always!Like a Star @ heavenHrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes JQuqUtw

Like a Star @ heaven Somebody from the Portala za žene (Portal for Women) Facebook page produced a parody version of the šalabahter (cheat sheet) from which Ingrid was reading her speech. (Image source: Večernji list)
Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes 0IgfYi6

Like a Star @ heaven ...And several parody songs and remixes cropped up on the internet and radio, including this one to PSY's Gangnam Style, which was very popular in Croatia at the time.

Like a Star @ heaven
Translation:

Like a Star @ heaven
Some local businesses just couldn't resist~:

Like a Star @ heaven
And then of course there were your typical memes XD:

Like a Star @ heaven
Other Cronglish:

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes OEoisb0
Translation:
“Šeks, I read somewhere that if you drink every day, it means that you're an alcoholic.”
“Well then, I'll just drink at night.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes KKzs8eE
Translation: "First day of school"

~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~GIULIANOMANIJA~~~
Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes JQuqUtw Giulianomanija is a photomanipulation meme involving a specific screenshot of the famous Dalmatian singer Giuliano on Plesa sa zvijezdama, the Croatian version of Dancing with the Stars. Let's take a peek! Very Happy

Like a Star @ heaven
Giulianomanija:

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes Vecdzpl
Translation: “Goes to give out parking tickets, Parks across two handicapped spots”

~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Meanwhile in Croatia~~~
Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes JQuqUtwSometimes you're out and about and you see something just so...strange that it makes you wonder whether such things ever happen anywhere else in the world. Croatia has its own share of “unusual” occurrences that have been documented across the internet. Let's take a look at some “Meanwhile in Croatia...” memes! Very Happy

Like a Star @ heaven
Meanwhile in Croatia...:

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes MwbyzJu

~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Croatian Fails~~~

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes JQuqUtwNo matter where you travel, you will always encounter that one guy or gal who just didn't plan things out accordingly for the situation at hand. Croatia is no exception! Let's take a moment to recognize some Croatian Fails! Very Happy

Like a Star @ heaven
Croatian Fails:

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes C8BI5vn
Translation:
“Gentlemen, we have a problem. Zagreb could be threatened by a major flood.”
“I received an expert's opinions, it looks like somewhere in Slovenia...”
“...somebody's water broke, and it's all coming toward us!”

~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~LADIES AND GENTS, IT'S GAME TIME!~~~

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes JQuqUtwOkay so you saw some memes, maybe you laughed, maybe you just shook your head at them...Well guess what? You're still reading this, so you must have survived the thread! However, we're not quite finished yet! Now it's your turn to provide some captions (and/or edits) for these Croatian photos, which have been taken out of their original context. Wink ***See Rules below

Like a Star @ heaven
Caption these photos:

Like a Star @ heavenRules: What you do with your captions is entirely up to you as long as it falls within the forum's general PG-13 rule. Wink For example, you could provide some “context,” include the person's thoughts, what other people might be saying to them, etc. Heck, you could even edit the picture if you wanted. Just have fun as much fun with this as you please! Wink

Like a Star @ heavenIMPORTANT To keep this fair to everybody, please PM me your captions (or photo edits, if applicable) in order of 1-5 and also let me know if you wish to remain anonymous, as I will be posting all of the this to the thread in the evening on the last day of the World Fair! Smile

***Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes JQuqUtwAll participants will receive a lovely bumper!Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes JQuqUtw***
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes   Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes I_icon_minitime17th September 2016, 12:09 pm

This is hilarious! How did that bike get there? I'm defiantly going to do this!
EDIT; do we have to use cronglish, or can we just caption them like normal?
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes   Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes I_icon_minitime17th September 2016, 7:49 pm

Glad you enjoyed it! Smile I really have no idea. XD Maybe there was a utility worker and the bike was in his way, so he got into one of those bucket/cherrypicker lifts with the bike and then placed it there. XD

You may write your captions in whatever way you would you like! All I want people to do is have fun~ Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes 111859084
Back to top Go down
CrystalBunny
Lotus Crystal

CrystalBunny

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes   Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes I_icon_minitime27th September 2016, 3:29 am

''We are our end We are our Dudisri ???'' LOL I can almost understand everything !
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes   Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes I_icon_minitime4th October 2016, 10:06 am

Sorry for the wait! I didn't realize that the event would line up with my LOA! XD Without further ado, here are some captions submitted by Eidolune and CrystalBunny (who will both be receiving participation points and the bumper (via PM) ASAP! Wink )

Eidolune
Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes PvlsPdT
"I feel like this is a bad omen for the future."

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes Be13DvJ
George Bush on vacation

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes ZtfLXqb
"I have six knives in my bra, do NOT test me."

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes S3Eb9vv
"I'm gonna be late for pilates!"

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes ZCD2jiN
"Aaaand you've opened your mouth. I'm not ready to drown in stupid."

CrystalBunny
Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes COrDs1r
Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes Y4sYHq2
Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes ADBr58R
Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes X5oB1K2
Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes PKp8RdA

Thanks again for participating! I hope everybody had fun at this year's World Fair! Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes 3186387542
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes   Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hrvatski Memovi - Croatian Memes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top