The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

TLoZ: Breath of the Wild

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

TLoZ: Breath of the Wild Empty
PostSubject: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime14th June 2016, 4:04 pm

This deserves its own topic yes?

It's about time Nintendo. It was well worth the wait. This game will be the death of me. I'll probably never finish its main quest.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime14th June 2016, 4:14 pm

WOAH
WHAT 
IS THIS WHAT I THINK IT IS.
THIS IS IMPORTANT. 
I'LL HAVE TO WATCH WHEN I GET HOME.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime14th June 2016, 4:25 pm

why do i NOT have a WiiU yet omgosh
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime14th June 2016, 4:28 pm

^Same. This... This will be the reason I buy a Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime14th June 2016, 4:31 pm

This game is beyond beautiful and I'm so excited!
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
silverskywind
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime14th June 2016, 4:42 pm

It looks hard from what I've read so far!  I will so be getting the strategy guide with this game when it comes out next year!  And overwhelming!

Last edited by silverskywind on 14th June 2016, 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime14th June 2016, 5:19 pm

The Legend of Zelda and Pokemon are almost the entire reason we own any Nintendo console in my household. So excited!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime14th June 2016, 6:12 pm

Omgggg I want this game so much more baddly now!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime14th June 2016, 6:34 pm

Okay so I would like to exactly access what is going on it this trailer.
First of all, the art style is AMAZING. It seems like a mix of Skyward Sword's character designs with more of Wind Waker's obvious cel shading and monster designs. I lik that it seems far more open world which is something people seem to complain about a lot with this series. (Like SS's too linear! WW's sailing is exhausting! OoT and MM were really small!, etc.) I would love to see how this plays out.
And then another thing... There was an ACTUAL VOICE in this trailer. Is this game... Going to have... The dreaded VOICE ACTING? And more than that, is Link gonna be voiced? please Hylia no Link isn't wearing green either. That leads to something else, something Imm sure the Internet is gonna lose their collective mind over until this game comes out...
Where in the timeline does this take place?
At first glance, from the lack of people in this huge Hyrule, Link's lack of green (but he still has those lovable expressions YAY!), the weird dome like creatures that look like that thing from The Incredibles, the presence of technology that would put Samus Aran to shame (or maybe some kind of techno-magic?) and of course, the extremely old and weathered Master Sword, my first guess is the Decline timeline (with ALTTP, The Oracle games, Link's Awakening, ALBW, Triforce Heroes, and the NES titles). If this is true, then this will be the first 3D game in the timeline. I really kinda wanted to see more about the Hero Wins-Adult version timeline (With TWW, Phatom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks, or the Toon Link trilogy as I've nicknamed it), because there is so much that can be done with New Hyrule and Malladus, but y'know, this could be the best Zelda game we've had in a very long time. Who knows?
So that's what I think of the trailer. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime14th June 2016, 7:03 pm

Timelines. Nintendo don't need no timelines. NINTENDO DO WHAT NINTENDO WANT.

i swear i'm 99% positive thats how they work.

Also, I've heard that this game is going to be bigger than Skyrim. Holy four letter word i can't say. xD
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime14th June 2016, 7:05 pm

Sailor Zelda wrote:
Okay so I would like to exactly access what is going on it this trailer.
First of all, the art style is AMAZING. It seems like a mix of Skyward Sword's character designs with more of Wind Waker's obvious cel shading and monster designs. I lik that it seems far more open world which is something people seem to complain about a lot with this series. (Like SS's too linear! WW's sailing is exhausting! OoT and MM were really small!, etc.) I would love to see how this plays out.
And then another thing... There was an ACTUAL VOICE in this trailer. Is this game... Going to have... The dreaded VOICE ACTING? And more than that, is Link gonna be voiced? please Hylia no Link isn't wearing green either. That leads to something else, something Imm sure the Internet is gonna lose their collective mind over until this game comes out...
Where in the timeline does this take place?
At first glance, from the lack of people in this huge Hyrule, Link's lack of green (but he still has those lovable expressions YAY!), the weird dome like creatures that look like that thing from The Incredibles, the presence of technology that would put Samus Aran to shame (or maybe some kind of techno-magic?) and of course, the extremely old and weathered Master Sword, my first guess is the Decline timeline (with ALTTP, The Oracle games, Link's Awakening, ALBW, Triforce Heroes, and the NES titles). If this is true, then this will be the first 3D game in the timeline. I really kinda wanted to see more about the Hero Wins-Adult version timeline (With TWW, Phatom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks, or the Toon Link trilogy as I've nicknamed it), because there is so much that can be done with New Hyrule and Malladus, but y'know, this could be the best Zelda game we've had in a very long time. Who knows?
So that's what I think of the trailer. What do you guys think?

There is voice acting, but it has been confirmed that Link is silent. Honestly It's about time Zelda has voice acting. Nintendo is capable of hiring good voice work. We're not going to get Zelda CDI level of voice acting. 

In the description of the video it says you explore a ruined Hyrule so I say this takes way down the timeline. Where exactly who knows?

EXTRA INFO People have gathered!

• The game begins with Link opening his eyes.

• While in the past they have used magic and other means to explore the environment, Breath of the Wild introduces technology.

• Link can jump freely.

• You are free to play with minimal clothes on, if you wish.

• Link can climb/scale mountains, trees and walls, as long as stamina allows.

• There are Korok placed randomly throughout the world of Breath of the Wild.

• You can gather crops such as mushrooms and apples that are placed throughout the world and eat them to regain health. There are no more “hearts in the grass, just eating”.

• When you collect the axe, you will be able to chop down trees to grab fruit which may be too tall to simply climb.

• The weapons and shields Link collects early-game are not as durable as the Master Sword or Shield and will break as he uses them.

• The Hyrule you are spawned in is in ruins and hints as to what happened are place throughout the game so that you may build a story at your own pace.

• “We wanted to use the art style and match it to the functions of this game.”

• “There are 100 ways to play this game if there are 100 players playing it, so we wanted to make each experience different for each person.”

• You can use a scope on the Slate (basically the game’s binoculars) to mark a destination you would like to go and it will then mark it on your mini map.

• This game introduces hunting, but you can play and survive the entire game WITHOUT killing animals.

• You can blow up rocks for minerals and gems, such as Topaz.

• The enemy AI react to the world. If it is night, they will most likely be asleep, allowing you to sneak into their camp, steal their weapons and treasures, and leave without being noticed.

• If you are not wearing proper clothing or warming yourself when you walk into colder zones, Link will start shivering. He will also lose health over time.

• DYNAMIC WEATHER.

• You can snowboard on your shield. Let me repeat that: you cansnowboard on your shield.

• When you attack a Bokoblin skeleton, you can pick up their own skeletal arm and beat them up with it.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime14th June 2016, 7:19 pm

*reels from info*
These are all good things. There is nothing here I don't like. The presence of Koroks, however, is troubling for timeline placement, as they were in WW's timeline. But who cares right now!
The "figure the story out yourself" thing is an interesting take. Very different from normal Zelda, because most of the time you're told everything that's happening straight up. Both methods are okay, just... This is gonna be a very different Zelda game, more like the original then anything we've had from A Link To The Past onward. However, I'm sure it will still be very good. And thank goodness Link is silent. (I didn't think that the voice acting would be bad, I just kinda joking.)
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime14th June 2016, 7:32 pm

Well a lot of Zelda fans are against voice acting.

I guess I'm one of the few that want Link to talk. He has talked in previous games. OoT and WW (both of them had one box of text). In SS he had gestures. My reason being is that I see Link as his own character I don't see myself through him. The later games have given him bit more of a personality.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime14th June 2016, 7:38 pm

I too like seeing Link as his own person. But it would just be weird to hear him talk after all these years of silence (though if you want a good idea of how he'd probably "sound", just look at The Hero's Shade in Twilight Princess, since it IS the Hero of Time and all). It might actually be a good idea for Link to talk and finally get some kind of personality given to him (I mean, it kinda worked for Samusbu ehhh YMMV on Other M). It would clear up that stupid myth that he's mute.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime14th June 2016, 8:22 pm

Some gameplay videos and explanations:

Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
silverskywind
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime17th June 2016, 5:26 pm

After seeing more about this game, I'm beginning to feel like it's geared more towards the verteran Zelda players and not the casual Zelda players(I'm casual).  It looks more difficult and I still haven't figured out if there's more than three hearts.  If it's only three hearts throughout the whole game,(and the rest temporary hearts) I doubt I would even buy it!

Also waiting for a rating before I decide if I'm going to pre-order it.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime17th June 2016, 5:40 pm

I'm sure there's gonna be multiple heart containers. It would be ridiculous if there wasn't; it's one of the staples of the series and even if this is going back to Zelda's roots, the Heart Containers would still be there.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime24th June 2016, 10:29 am

I didn't get to watch all of the videos but it'd be cool if the amount of hearts you got was defendant on the items and armor you have on at the time.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime24th June 2016, 10:47 am

From what I saw there were also a LOT of food drops so I wouldn't be too worried.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime19th February 2017, 6:16 pm

Totally preordered this baby. Too bad the console preorders are closed. I'll probably have the game for a week or so and be unable to play it, lol.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime10th March 2017, 9:07 am

HI. MY NAME IS BRITTANY AND I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS GAME. xD

I picked it up this Wednesday and have been playing it all the chance I get. I feel I've barely touched the tip of the ice berg and I'm loving this game so much so far. Anyone else have the chance to play yet?
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime10th March 2017, 7:18 pm

One more week and I can unpack it and play!
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime20th April 2018, 11:13 am

So I FINALLY got to play this game a couple days ago! 

IT. IS. AWESOME.

For a long-time Zelda fan like myself, this game is probably one of the coolest things since the original Wii came out. The art style is nothing short of magnificent! I love the music so far, the concept, the story, and the mechanics. There is so much about this game to be discovered - I feel like even though it's open-world, you would have to play it several times to discover everything the game has to offer. 

For the first time ever, I think, TLoZ has voice acting! I've only played the game for a couple hours, and most of the voice acting is pretty cool! Link, of course, doesn't talk, but most other characters I've met so far do. But Zelda...I can't stand her voice. She has British accent. No offense to British accents one bit - everybody in America loves listening to British accents - but it just does not fit in a TLoZ game. It's just so weird to listen to. The voice actress herself just sounds like she's trying too hard to sound mystical and elegant, and it's just too much xD. 

The puzzles in this game are going to be tough, I can tell that much so far. And the enemies shouldn't be messed with, either. One thing about this game that's different is that Link is actually a realistic character - he's not invincible, to be clear. There is literally a temperature gauge, and if Link gets too hot or cold, he takes damage. Hearts are also very hard to come by - you can't just find them every time you pick up a rock. As a matter of fact, instead, you have to pick up food from around the world and cook it to get your health back up. It's kind of a pain, but again, such a cool concept!

I have only played this game for like 2-4 hours, and I literally have so much to say just from that small exposure. I would love to talk about this game with you guys and get your thoughts! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime20th April 2018, 11:43 am

Brit-chan wrote:
HI. MY NAME IS BRITTANY AND I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS GAME. xD

I picked it up this Wednesday and have been playing it all the chance I get. I feel I've barely touched the tip of the ice berg and I'm loving this game so much so far. Anyone else have the chance to play yet?
*Rest of the group* "Hello Brittany!!

I have been watching my friend play it on her Wii U and now that im getting a Switch hopefully sometime in the near future I might get it too..
Back to top Go down
cardea
Lotus Crystal

cardea

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime20th April 2018, 12:21 pm

I absolutely love this game!! My sister and I have it on the Switch. (I've played on both the WiiU and Switch, and prefer the switch) Unfortunately the Switch stays at home when I go to school, so i haven't played in a while, but!!!

The first time I played it (at a friend's house) we started from the top, got through the mandatory first part to unlock the rest of the map, then immediately went to Ganon! Through ridiculous dodging skills (not as in ridiculously good, but as in just plain ridiculous), we managed to get past all the Guardians and find him! We threw a bokoblin arm at him, and actually held up a fight for a pretty good bit, but all of our weapons broke, so we died in the end Sad

In any case, it is suuuuuper fun and expansive! The small things like being able to cook or break your weapons really make it a fun game, and one of my favorite things is that since there are so many options on how to do things, with enough dedication and messing around, there are sooooo many ways to play the game out of order! Like going immediately to Ganon for the sole purpose of throwing an arm at him 

Also, you can name your horses!!!!!!!!!! I usually name my character "Jadeite" because I did it the first time as a joke, but since the game forces you to be named Link, instead I've named my horse Jadeite! Since you can have 5 horses, I plan on naming them after all the Shitennou, plus maybe one for Beryl? I have specific horses in mind for some of them though, so I haven't gotten around to it yet...
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime20th April 2018, 9:42 pm

Oh wow, I didn't know you could immediately fight Ganon - that's awesome xD

I really struggle with open-world games, so I'm surprised that I enjoyed this game so much. I've been dying to go back to my friend's house and play it some more xD

cardea wrote:
Also, you can name your horses!!!!!!!!!! I usually name my character "Jadeite" because I did it the first time as a joke, but since the game forces you to be named Link, instead I've named my horse Jadeite! Since you can have 5 horses, I plan on naming them after all the Shitennou, plus maybe one for Beryl? I have specific horses in mind for some of them though, so I haven't gotten around to it yet...

That reminds me - my friend's horse ran off of a cliff during the game the other day... xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TLoZ: Breath of the Wild   TLoZ: Breath of the Wild I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TLoZ: Breath of the Wild

View previous topic View next topic Back to top