The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru Empty
PostSubject: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime27th January 2012, 1:48 am

NOW: I want to debate who is best in three different categories :3

1) Who is More Powerful:

2) Who is More Dedicated as a Soldier:

3) Who is Nicer:

Me, I vote

1) Michiru, 2) Michiru and 3) Haruka

Michiru, I believe is far far more coldhearted than Haruka. for Haruka I feel its a little unnatural and she may be forcing herself. For Michiru I sometimes get the feeling that she is actually quite an emotionless person... similar to the way Minako is when she's not smiling or when Pluto is at the time zone. I also think that Michiru is far more capable and powerful that Haruka and her only weakness is if Haruka is in danger, I feel that Michiru is the strategist and the power behind the duo and Haruka is just the loud one XD.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Halfpixieman
Lotus Crystal

Halfpixieman

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime27th January 2012, 9:40 pm

I believe that Michiru and Haruka are as powerful as each other but in different areas. Michiru is mentally stronger in terms of her psychic ability but Haruka is physically stronger. Both are just as important as the other.

Haruka is more dedicated as a senshi. She takes her role very seriously, almost to the point that she seperates herself from other people and Michiru is the only person she's actually close to.

Michiru is the nicer senshi. She seems to be a compassionate person, soft and gentle (even if the she is a very powerful, capable senshi), she's maternal and understanding. She can soften a bad situation and she has a lovely presence, especially over Haruka.

I honestly believe that without one another, neither would be as powerful and as dynamic. They are yin and yang.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime27th January 2012, 9:46 pm

Ah but Haruka makes the attempt to play with other people, the Guardian Senshi for example. When often Michiru will just stand their and watch, I actually sometimes feel that they have a husband/wife dynamic. Though Haruka as the "man" is the one who seems to be making the decisions its really Michiru doing it subtly. X3 The anime's a little odd because sometimes it feels like it put a paper bag over Michiru's head and pretended she wasn't there sometimes XD But I feel that Michiru is actually a colder person than Haruka is...

It brings me to another point:

Were Haruka and Michiru destined in the same way as Usagi and Mamoru or is it only in this life they fell in love?

I believe that they are only in love in this life personally. I don't think during the Silver Millennium they would have been lovers...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime28th January 2012, 9:47 am

They couldn't have been lovers in the Silver Millennium. Haruka/Uranus said that they lived a completely solitary life, where their ray of hope was always images of the Quee and Princess. ... if she and Neptune had met and fallen in love, she probably would've mentioned that then.

And if they were able to fraternize with one another, they might've inadvertently ended the world again.

Wikipedia - hush, it's truthful and I didn't want to write it all wrote:
In the age of the Silver Millennium, Sailors Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto guarded the edge of the solar system and had instructions to fend off any alien attacks. Sailor Saturn was not among them, as she is the bringer of destruction and ruin. In the manga, their backstory becomes more complicated: it had always been the other Outer Senshi's duty to prevent Sailor Saturn's birth, but when they gathered to witness the Moon Kingdom's destruction at the hands of the Dark Kingdom, the Outers inadvertently allowed Saturn to be born so that she could destroy the remnants of the kingdoms of Earth and Moon.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
SerenaFan
Star Seed

SerenaFan

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime28th January 2012, 7:42 pm

1) I definitely think they have about the same level of strength. At times I thought Amara/Haruka but even Amara seemed weakened more than Michelle at times and the same thing happened with Michelle being weaker than Amara at times!. So I think they are about the same strength. They both run at the same speed as well.

2) Who is More Dedicated as a Soldier: Amara/Haruka (please see below too )as she wanted to save the world if it meant sacrificing anyone. As cold as she is, it seems nice to think she cared so much for the world. She was also willing to sacrifice herself and put the gun towards her chest to reveal her treasure.

3) Who is Nicer: Michelle, in the English version especially she seemed to want Amara not to act too mean towards the scouts at times and didn't feel very comfortable with wanting to take pure hearts as much as Amara did at times. I think Michelle had more of a heart and conscience than Amara did.

I also agree with everything 'halfpixieman' said. Michelle is definitely the more maternal one. She had a lot of concern over Amara, Amara was willing to leave her to do her job as a soldier, but Michelle would never act that way at all. I believe Michelle softened Amara a lot over the SuperS season. I could really see Michelle as a wonderful mother. I like how she swims and dresses and plays her violin, she is very graceful and elegant!
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime28th January 2012, 7:54 pm

Let's take a moment to consider the song "DESTINED COUPLE" shall we :3

In the song... i think it makes it pretty clear that haruka is in fact mentally weaker, less committed than Michiru and is also quite dependent on her to boot. And I don't see how you guys can think Michiru's soft or gentle at all X3 She's definitely calm and elegant but I'd be much more afraid of Michiru than Haruka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzeylMVqjZI

Even if you can't understand their body language, its pretty clear who's dependent on who. I'm sure you can find lyrics somewhere...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime28th January 2012, 7:56 pm

I agree on that. Haruka's bark is much worse than her bite, while Michiru's smile hides fangs.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime28th January 2012, 8:04 pm

Ahh that's what I've been trying to say X3 I guess I'm just not explaining it well. I think your right, Haruka's acts tough while she's actually playful and a little bit silly. While Michiru acts nice but she's actually as hard as cold steel.
Back to top Go down
Halfpixieman
Lotus Crystal

Halfpixieman

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime29th January 2012, 2:50 am

I do agree with the idea of Haruka being less mentally strong as compared to Michiru. I stated this in my original post.

I think it definitely is a personal opinion and how one identifies to Michiru. I simply cannot relate to Michiru - her personality is very complex and she is actually quite introverted. At the same time I sense this maternal, gentle aura about her. I understand if not everyone does feel this way but that's how I feel. But I do know there's another ruthless side to her. See, she's so complex! But to suggest she's incapable of being gentle and soft isn't so.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime29th January 2012, 3:07 am

I wouldn't say "incapable" I think she can be a very nice person, I'm speaking relative to Haruka, everything here is relative to Haruka X3, I think she is nice but due to her circumstances and life, it becomes a little difficult for her, though she did lighten up later in the series. Perhaps she just took everything too seriously?
Back to top Go down
Halfpixieman
Lotus Crystal

Halfpixieman

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime31st January 2012, 3:46 am

^__^

Definitely given her past - it obviously made her a little hard around the edges. I really agree with the point that you wouldn't want to cross Michiru. More so than Haruka anyway. Wink
Back to top Go down
DizzyLizzy24
Pyramidal Crystal

DizzyLizzy24

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Moon Prism Power!

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime31st January 2012, 7:41 pm

1) Who is More Powerful: Haruka

2) Who is More Dedicated as a Soldier: I think they are about the same in this. but if i absolutey had to choose Haruka

3) Who is Nicer: Michiru
Back to top Go down
http://moonfrisbee.tumblr.com/
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime31st January 2012, 8:05 pm

So I'm really the only one who thinks Haruka is nicer than Michiru X3
Back to top Go down
Halfpixieman
Lotus Crystal

Halfpixieman

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime1st February 2012, 2:18 am

Lol. I'm swaying between the two.

Haruka is a big softie at heart. I think together when they put their minds to it they are very cruel and cold hearted if need be. But I'd say they're nicer in different ways. Haruka is like a big brother/sister kind of nice. And Michiru has that nice teacher sort of thing happening - but you still can't actually get really close to her.

It's like she pats you on the head and says 'good work child' and walks off. Whereas Haruka would probably give you a big bear hug. Lol.

Sorry headcanon...
Back to top Go down
Juu~
Lotus Crystal

Juu~

Lotus Crystal

Title : ~hachi

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime1st February 2012, 5:10 am

I think both Michiru and Haruka are equally strong as coming to their respective attacks. But Haruka is also physically stroger and more ready to attack than Michi is. IMO Haruka is more dedicated as a senshi cuz she wouldn't think twice about sacrificing herself if needed. Also She would go even over her own princesses wishes to fulfill her mission as a senshi.

Ex. Not letting Usagi be around Seiya because it's hers and Michiru's mission to protect her and the sol system from outer solar system invaders. I think she was more direct when she told Usagi NOT to see him again.

As for who is nicer, I honestly believe that Haruka is nicer. Don't get me wrong, Michi is nice too but Haruka is just much more fun around the girls, she's more laid back than Michi, Michi is more like a good friend who you can trust your secrets and pain to knowing that she won't lit you down and will always give good advice when needed.

Strangely, I feel like Haruka is more 'motherly' to Hotaru that Michiru is. Honest!
Back to top Go down
http://juuhachi18.tumblr.com/ http://juuhachi18.deviantart.com/
Kara
Lotus Crystal

Kara

Lotus Crystal

Title : Hierophant Princess

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime5th February 2012, 1:51 am

1) Who is More Powerful: Haruka (Physically), Michiru (Magically)

2) Who is More Dedicated as a Soldier: Both

3) Who is Nicer: Haruka

I agree with Halfpixieman, I too think Michiru is much stronger magically while Haruka has more brute strength. It'd make sense since Michiru just has to wave around her mirror to damage the enemies while Haruka has to charge in with her sword.

As for dedication, both seem very dedicated to protecting Sailor Moon and Earth, I mean, we all saw the length they went in Stars. I think their dedication is quite extreme, seeming to not mind doing anything if it means doing their job, like in S.

As for who is nicer, I say Haruka simply because she's nicer to more people. She is an extrovert and Michiru is more of an introvert, caring deeply for those around her and only being polite-nice to strangers.
Back to top Go down
Vaas Rutten
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime16th January 2013, 5:45 pm

1) Who is More Powerful:

Mentally-Michiru

Physically-Haruka

Haruka strikes me as the type who would go into combat more blindly than Michiru so Michiru iskind of there to keep Haruka in check.

2) Who is More Dedicated as a Soldier:

Probably Haruka because I feel she sticks to her guns more than Michiru when it comes to findinga solution to things even if it isn't a popular solution.

3) Who is Nicer:

Michiru. Haruka tends to get angry a lot faster.
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime16th January 2013, 6:26 pm

1. I think there both pretty equal when it comes to power, but I feel like michiru has a bit of an advantage over Haruka because she's more intuitive.

2. Haruka is the more dedicated soldier I feel because there are times Michiru has waivered a bit when it came to keeping pure heart crystals and killing Hotaru.

3. I feel like Michiru is nicer but I feel like its a facade at times but I do feel like Haruka is downright old especially in the anime as the way she's treated Usagi.
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru   Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Debate: Haruka vs. Michiru

View previous topic View next topic Back to top