The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Theory] Witches 5 and more

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

[Theory] Witches 5 and more Empty
PostSubject: [Theory] Witches 5 and more   [Theory] Witches 5 and more I_icon_minitime10th May 2016, 8:17 am

I wasn't really sure what forum to place this in, but I figured this might be the best one as it spans all incarnations of the SM franchise.

What exactly are the one to one equivalents of the Witches 5 and Magus Kaolinite to the senshi?

Eudial = Sailor Mars
Mimete = Sailor Venus 
Villuy = Sailor Mercury
Tellu = Sailor Jupiter
Cyprine/Ptilol = Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus
Kaolinite = Sailor Pluto?

That said what then of Mistress 9 and Pharaoh 90?

Mistress 9 = Sailor Moon? Sailor ChibiMoon? Sailor Saturn?

Pharaoh 90 = Sailor Saturn?

I got into thinking about this in relation to the latest installment of Sailor Moon Crystal episode 32 and what I perceived to be a huge distinction in power between Sailor Moon and Sailor Pluto. Sailor ChibiMoon was presented to have abilities on par with those of Sailor Moon (Why they didn't do a twin attack like they did last season is beyond me...), and yet neither of them could vanquish Tellu? Was Tellu really stronger than Wiseman (planet mode)?

While on the subject of power differences, why did it take a combined attack from Uranus and Neptune to defeat Mimete, but a sole attack from Uranus to defeat Villuy? Regular powers vs. talisman powers? Are all of Pluto's abilities bound to her talisman? Does she not have powers beyond those of her talisman? Why weren't the senshi severely hurt the first time they encountered Pluto in the Dark Moon arc when she attacked them with Dead Scream? Shouldn't she have been more powerful in the future?

Which gets me to my next point...

If every major enemy in the series was an incarnation of Chaos/Sailor Chaos/the Chaos Crystal, does that mean that every minor enemy was a Chaos equivalent of the Guardian senshi (mainly Inners)? I've noticed that as the series progressed the same formula of one to one minion counterparts was exhausted ad nauseam with the only thing changing being the storyline (slightly). The only exception, I can make to this are the Shitennou and the Amazon Quartet (I've suggested elsewhere that the stones of the former were granted life anew as ChibiUsa's guardians. The Dreams arc has a number of parallels to the Dark Kingdom arc, especially in so far as Nehelenia and Queen Beryl.), and the Black Moon clan (A true anomaly amongst most of the enemies in the series, and a true pity that we didn't see them further developed. Prince Demande seemed to have his own powers outside of those Wiseman gave him. Where'd he get that Third Eye from? I've speculated that they were corrupted forms of the Shitennou, but don't have enough data to build that case. I can only speculate in so far as their names and their respective colours.). Is it possible that the Chaos crystal could create counterfeit forms of each senshi, which might explain why there were only 5 (6?) perfected daimon forms in the Infinity arc, and that all of their experiments failed. The Chaos Crystal (regardless of incarnation) cannot bestow or create life, it can only imitate (in a corrupted manner) the life giving power of the Silver Crystal (I'm actually quite curious as to how that might have worked out were Mamoru's Golden Crystal introduced earlier in the series. Would that have brought about a dual awakening where both fight together to vanquish Metallia? Perhaps that would have been a better explanation for why the blade that cut him allowed him to regenerate himself, and why the Ginzuisho allowed the sword to phase through Usagi. The rationalization offered for how they were unaffected isn't convincing at all... Somehow a sword that can crush a diamond can't pierce a stopwatch... Then again, I'm one for retconning both the Dark Kingdom arc, and Sailor V, where the series focuses on Sailor V's quest to gather the senshi, and Usagi and Mamoru's awakening coming towards the end of the series, where Usagi comes to be made into a senshi towards the end, and not the beginning, but I digress.).

So, what are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

[Theory] Witches 5 and more Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Witches 5 and more   [Theory] Witches 5 and more I_icon_minitime31st May 2016, 5:01 am

I began to flesh this out a bit on a YouTube comment and came up with this:

"Something which we never really got a chance to see, were the Witches 5 counterparts of the Outers. :/

It memory serves, Ptiol and Cyprine are supposed to be Neptune and Uranus' counterparts, and Kaolinite is supposedly Usagi's, though I'm inclined to think that she may have been intended as Pluto's. Doctor/Professor Tomoe and Mistress 9 are interesting because theoretically the former is Mamoru's counterpart, and yet we don't see a showdown between them ( :/ ) and Mistress 9 is supposedly Hotaru's, though there is an argument to be made that she's Usagi, or ChibiUsa's daemon counterpart. After all, ChibiUsa has been to the dark side as Black/Wicked Lady and thus she can assist Hotaru in overcoming the darkness. However, one would be inclined to think that Mistress 9 is Hotaru's counterpart, but that doesn't quite work other than her being her host. The only other reasonable figure would be Pharaoh 90, but I don't want to give too much of the plot away in so far as her and Pluto's role in that regard. I will say that I'm a bit bummed that her and Pluto's pairing never quite gets the attention it deserves in any of the adaptations, just a few hints as to how their powers complement each other, but not enough in their roles as partner senshi proper. The only supplemental information comes in the way of the Japanese myths from whence their talismans are drawn from."

So, is Mistress 9 actually Usagi and ChibiUsa's counterpart?
Back to top Go down

[Theory] Witches 5 and more

View previous topic View next topic Back to top