The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

You can't Do that on Television

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

You can't Do that on Television Empty
PostSubject: You can't Do that on Television   You can't Do that on Television I_icon_minitime2nd April 2016, 7:54 pm

In 1979, a Canadian TV station in Ottawa, Ontario (the nation's capital) produced the first episode of You Can't Do That on Television, a popular children's live-action comedy series. Two years later (1981), Nickelodeon in the US carried the show, and was a successful hit series lasted until the early 1990s. Nickelodeon, followed by the Disney Channel (began 1982) and Cartoon Network (premiered 1992), owes a salute to YCDTOTV, for making children's television what it is. The show's adult male actor, Les Lye, died in 2009 at age 85, surely deserves a Maple Leaf-star on the Canadian Walk of Fame in Toronto.

Last edited by Solipsi Rai on 19th April 2016, 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: You can't Do that on Television   You can't Do that on Television I_icon_minitime19th April 2016, 5:57 pm

I think I remember this show, but the introduction used to scare me as a child, so I never watched the episodes. It'll be interesting to look over this first one, now that such graphics can't scare me as an adult, lol. I love the idea that children produced this show. Did you watch it growing up?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: You can't Do that on Television   You can't Do that on Television I_icon_minitime19th April 2016, 6:35 pm

VBabe wrote:
I think I remember this show, but the introduction used to scare me as a child, so I never watched the episodes. It'll be interesting to look over this first one, now that such graphics can't scare me as an adult, lol. I love the idea that children produced this show. Did you watch it growing up?

Yes I have, when I first had cable when I was around 5 or 6. YCDTOTV reruns continued to air until 1994 and was replaced by All That, Nickelodeon's attempt to bring 1990s styles to children's television. There is an article on YCDTOTV on Wikipedia and on IMDB, the top source for information on legendary TV shows.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: You can't Do that on Television   You can't Do that on Television I_icon_minitime19th April 2016, 6:51 pm

Whaaaaaat, this show is an inspiration for All That? I definitely have ti watch it, now! I loved All That growing up.
Back to top Go down
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal

Princess Sailor Mai

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Galaxy Cauldron's Official Princess Inspirit!
Location : In the middle of nowhere between part-time work and needing a full-time career

PostSubject: Re: You can't Do that on Television   You can't Do that on Television I_icon_minitime19th April 2016, 9:02 pm

Don't remember this show.
Back to top Go down
LunarCharm
Pyramidal Crystal

LunarCharm

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Comrade of the Moon

PostSubject: Re: You can't Do that on Television   You can't Do that on Television I_icon_minitime27th April 2016, 3:35 am

Wow, such nostalgia.  I had no idea Les Lye passed.  What a shame.  I hope he gets a place on the Walk of Fame.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You can't Do that on Television   You can't Do that on Television I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You can't Do that on Television

View previous topic View next topic Back to top