The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Social Network Team Planning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th April 2016, 2:15 am

Just as a heads up, guys, I've drafted the SMC Act 27 - Part 2 ad because that's supposed to have caps from the episode each week, not recycled. I will make the new one ASAP and re-queue it. I'd rather you guys leave the posting of that to me since I'll be making them.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th April 2016, 7:34 am

Sailor Mercury wrote:
Just as a heads up, guys, I've drafted the SMC Act 27 - Part 2 ad because that's supposed to have caps from the episode each week, not recycled. I will make the new one ASAP and re-queue it. I'd rather you guys leave the posting of that to me since I'll be making them.

Opps sorry my bad xD I had that scheduled to show up at 10am today not sure if that's CST, EST or what time zone tho xD Hopefully you grabbed it before it went up.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd April 2016, 10:42 am

Just some general feedback:
Twitter: You've been doing a wonderful job Haine! The only thing I would add is to maybe retweet some other SM content to have a balance between our ads? Stuff like this for instance (x, x, x). Possibly posting/tweeting about SM news ourselves could also draw others to our twitter thus to the forums? That's up to you if you would be interested/willing to do that. Other than that I think you've been doing a great job and I say continue with what you've been doing!
Tumblr: Same as with Haine, you been doing great Addy. I've noticed that some people have responded when you've asked questions on posts which is nice! There seems to be a good balance of ads mixed with art, gifsets, etc. The only thing I would add is that if you want to you can always can back to look at old ads and repost them so they can be seen in the tags.

Again thank you guys for your hardwork! We really, truly appreciate every thing you. As a thank you, you all will be earning an extra 25 points in monthly thank you points from here on out.  Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 1434556979
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd April 2016, 1:48 pm

I've looked at a lot of the old ads. Brit and I were discussing it last night and some need to be remade I think to be updated with current stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd April 2016, 3:46 pm

Sailor Mars wrote:
Twitter: You've been doing a wonderful job Haine! The only thing I would add is to maybe retweet some other SM content to have a balance between our ads? Stuff like this for instance (x, x, x).

Thanks Mars!

And i'll keep the other sm content in mind when I schedule tweets for the day ^.^

Sailor Mars wrote:
Possibly posting/tweeting about SM news ourselves could also draw others to our twitter thus to the forums? That's up to you if you would be interested/willing to do that. Other than that I think you've been doing a great job and I say continue with what you've been doing!

I just have one concern about doing that, for example with new merch usually bigger sm fansites get the scoop first so should I go to the main source/website and get some pictures or should i just credit those big fansites for the info? (Instead of re-tweeting)

Sailor Mars wrote:
Again thank you guys for your hardwork! We really, truly appreciate every thing you. As a thank you, you all will be earning an extra 25 points in monthly thank you points from here on out.  Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 1434556979

WOHOOOO! thanks!!!

Just to let everyone know that i'm having a blast doing this! I didn't knew how much I enjoy working on social media until now! ^.^ this is really fun!
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Princess Makoto
Lotus Crystal

Princess Makoto

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd April 2016, 5:46 pm

I am on FB mobile quite a bit. I could help on there if needed.
Back to top Go down
http://hootiemcmints.tumblr.com/
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th April 2016, 4:51 pm

Haine wrote:
Sailor Mars wrote:
Twitter: You've been doing a wonderful job Haine! The only thing I would add is to maybe retweet some other SM content to have a balance between our ads? Stuff like this for instance (x, x, x).

Thanks Mars!

And i'll keep the other sm content in mind when I schedule tweets for the day ^.^

Sailor Mars wrote:
Possibly posting/tweeting about SM news ourselves could also draw others to our twitter thus to the forums? That's up to you if you would be interested/willing to do that. Other than that I think you've been doing a great job and I say continue with what you've been doing!

I just have one concern about doing that, for example with new merch usually bigger sm fansites get the scoop first so should I go to the main source/website and get some pictures or should i just credit those big fansites for the info? (Instead of re-tweeting)

Sailor Mars wrote:

WOHOOOO! thanks!!!

Just to let everyone know that i'm having a blast doing this! I didn't knew how much I enjoy working on social media until now! ^.^ this is really fun!

I guess it can be whatever you feel most comfortable with. Posting about news ourselves could draw at least some attention to us versus retweeting but like you said a lot of the bigger accounts do usually post things first so we might get overlooked. Sad Vbabe has her thread about merch reviews so I'm trying to draw more attention to it (and plan on writing my own reviews as well) and once she has some reviews we could advertise the reviews on here. Actually I just realized while writing this that it would probably be a good idea to make an ad for her thread to attract people interested in writing reviews to the site.  Razz
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th April 2016, 5:20 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
I am on FB mobile quite a bit.  I could help on there if needed.

hm we could use someone posting the ads which isn't really easy to do from mobile. At least i find it much easier to do the site ads from a desktop. Other stuff is just posting about new merch and interesting fandom finds or other SM News.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th May 2016, 4:12 pm

Everyone! I just came up with this idea yesterday.

For those who have been using twitter for a while, at the begging when twitter was a big thing there was this hashtag 'Follow Friday' so after remembering that I realized we could do something similar, so I decided to call our hashtag 'GC fan Friday' the other option is 'Friday shining stars' but the important thing here is to dedicate every Friday to post only works from our members and that includes contests, so every fic, OS and fanart that people have created since the beginning and not just that but also random DA fanarts maybe AMV and even cosplay.

So what I was thinking to make this easier is to make a pool of everything and every Friday in all our social media post the same thing.

I feel this is another way to make ourselves noticeable by other people in different places and we might gather more attention.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th May 2016, 6:09 pm

I think that would be great! It's something along the lines of what I'd like to see on the social media sites too. Maybe we could have a thread in the SM News/Highlights section for it too? Or create a new thread every friday? THey do similar things in some subreddits on fridays, like a dedicated thread to a topic, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th May 2016, 6:16 pm

A pool for each friday would be awesome! and more organized =D
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th May 2016, 6:24 pm

Ok, so where should we start? Maybe make a spreadsheet with all teh winners of the past Artists, Writers and Otaku Senshi Contests?

This is making me think we should make a subforum for the contests as like an archive so its uch easier to find....
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th May 2016, 11:12 am

Small Lady wrote:
Ok, so where should we start? Maybe make a spreadsheet with all teh winners of the past Artists, Writers and Otaku Senshi Contests?

This is making me think we should make a subforum for the contests as like an archive so its uch easier to find....

Let's start!!!

Or maybe I should finish the hall of fame I was supposed to last year D:
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

Inner Senshi Admin   Graphics Director

Title : Ally-Cat ♡ॢ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎. Wolf-sissy to yunbuns. ♥

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th May 2016, 2:51 am

Hey SM-Team,

Despite not being a mod, only an Admin Helper, I'd still like to join the Social Media Team if that's possible (still possible lol) Smile .

+ I'm Merc's Helper for ad-graphics (or well general graphics) and can help out of course. If I need to fill out a form or whatever it may be, just let me know!

+++ (XD) Is the GC on Instagram as well or "just" on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr?
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th May 2016, 4:00 am

Not sure if it helps, but there are two threads in here that list all of the winners from the 2012 and 2013 writing contess. I am on my phone, so it would be a hassle to post direct links, but the last two pages have the threads.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th May 2016, 5:54 am

Luna wrote:
Not sure if it helps, but there are two threads in here that list all of the winners from the 2012 and 2013 writing contess. I am on my phone, so it would be a hassle to post direct links, but the last two pages have the threads.

Are you replying to me, Kit-boo, or isn't this concerning my question at all, because I can't find it XD.

And anyway I'm very familiar with IG (Instagram) and if the Team would agree with creating an account for the GC, I'd gladly help to prepare everything and well keep that account up to date with projects and stuff Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 2422052349
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th May 2016, 6:08 am

Oh, sorry, nope. There was some talk about recognizing past winners of contests, so I just wanted to slip in some past administrative stuff I did to collect the names and entries of winners.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th May 2016, 5:58 pm

Gemma wrote:
Hey SM-Team,

Despite not being a mod, only an Admin Helper, I'd still like to join the Social Media Team if that's possible (still possible lol) Smile .

+ I'm Merc's Helper for ad-graphics (or well general graphics) and can help out of course. If I need to fill out a form or whatever it may be, just let me know!

+++ (XD) Is the GC on Instagram as well or "just" on Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr?

Now that we have a Venus who is the over head of all this, we can definietly ask her but i don't see why you can't join! Right now GC just has a Twitter, Fbook and Tmblr and its been quite a challenge to keep up with them all. Right now, the facebook is the only one without a dedicated member posting to it unfortunately. I think adding an instagram would be up to Venus but i think having one eventually would work, but another part of me wants me to also see the facebook updated a bit more often too. Anyway just my 2cents XD
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th May 2016, 6:27 pm

I don't think instagram is what we need. It would work if we have like i unno RL pics?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th May 2016, 6:52 pm

I don't really do instagram so I don't know what really works or doesn't work on there but I follow a few SM and MLP people on there and i see lots of not real life pictures posted all the time so I dont' think thats reallyan issue?
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th May 2016, 6:56 pm

I guess it really depends. Maybe once we have a better handle on it? I mean from instagram you can post to tumblr so
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th May 2016, 11:50 pm

First of all: Thanks Briti! I'd love to Smile and the thing with facebook.... XD I'm sadly not really familiar with it ugh, but if you guys are eagerly looking for someone, I could probably try XD.

And to Insta: Well I own several fan-accounts such as Game of Thrones, Harry Potter... like Instagram has so many fandoms and it's like not only about posting RL-stuff (RL-accounts are called "personals" anyway). And i've seen so many people uploading Crystal News, Videos etc. just being up to date Smile.

I'm pretty familiar with the sizes for graphics and stuff. We could link the GC in the Insta-Bio-Box too lol.

I could do the ad-graphics as well of course!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th May 2016, 9:14 am

I just want to say I could use a rundown of how/where to post things and keeping it consistent across platforms, etc. I haven't posted much yet because I'm not really sure about our system XD Sorry guys I tend to be a little challenged with this stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th May 2016, 9:47 am

I'll do my best to organize all of this by this friday =) and also I'll think about the instagram account, I've been thinking about it for a while but I want it to fit with our system.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th May 2016, 9:56 am

Sailor Venus wrote:
I'll do my best to organize all of this by this friday =) and also I'll think about the instagram account, I've been thinking about it for a while but I want it to fit with our system.

Yup of course, I'm excited already Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 868675979
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 5:10 pm

Everyone I updated the first post with the plan I've been thinking for a while so please check it and please confirm who is going to be part of this team and which platform.

@Gemma
Your idea was taken but at the moment I feel is better to focus on the 3 social media that we have at the moment, so the Instagram account will be added in the future for sure.

Perhaps you can help me create some graphics for the other accounts? or you can also help with other social media account that you feel familiar with ^_^
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 5:45 pm

I'd like to stay on as the main person for tumblr, since I'm active with the RPG section and cover a lot of the areas mod wise with a lot of the discussion sections (TDH if Brit moves me and I co-mod Crystal), I find it would be easier for me since I know what threads are active. 

As for TUmblr, on the first page of Bubble's request thread, we have a link to a lot of the graphics but most of them are outdated, so I could like to start a new list with what we have that we can use and what we still need.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 5:48 pm

This is great V! Can you add me as like a back up or that person that posts things randomly as she see's them? XD I tend to randomly queue things on tumblr or facebook. Also, you may want to add in the link to the Bubble's graphic request thread as her first two posts lists a lot of ads and links to reblog them on tumblr. Damnit Addy I was working on saying this and you beat me. ><

Also I have a bunch of older ads from tumblr saved that were made by the Mercury before Bubbles, if you'd like those I can give them to you. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 5:50 pm

Ha Razz Too slow lol 

While I like your plan V, I think that for TUmblr at least, having a good mix of fan made things that we reblog as well as GC own content is a good way to go simply because what's going to get people to follow us and see these ads is reblogging SM stuff. 

Also, no one has really been using the ad request thread too much. While I try to keep up with doing the manga and anime threads stuff, it's a little hard to know who wants what.
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th May 2016, 6:02 pm

Noting that Facebook Header and Icon have been updated - May 19 2016

Tumblr layout was updated about a month a go. April 19th 2016
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Social Network Team Planning   Social Network Team Planning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Social Network Team Planning

View previous topic View next topic Back to top