The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

[HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th March 2016, 7:30 pm

[HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 YG2qP0k

Still entangled among her friends, Usagi began to drag them into the shrine, following Rei’s direction. “What’s this I heard about love life? You have a love life and you didn’t tell me?!” she demanded, glowering at Mako. That sounded like the highest offense a friend could ever commit! Usagi wanted to be the first to know if Mako had found someone. Why wouldn’t Mako immediately call her the exact second it happened?!

“Tell me how everything’s going on in your lives immediately!” This last demand was for everyone. She hated the thought of not knowing what was happening in her closest friends’ lives.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th March 2016, 2:17 pm

[HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 Tlc_ju11

Makoto laughed nervously at Usagi's look.

"Ah, sorry! It's just... I get so busy with the shop sometimes that I forget to do other things," she said. Makoto liked micromanaging things in her bakery, making sure everything tasted right, and even personally working on the larger or specially made orders. "I was going to call, but then it just slipped my mind, you know?" She thought about where to start as they walked into the shrine.

"I was back in Tokyo a few months ago to run some errands, and I sort of ran into Motoki-kun," she said, already blushing. "We stopped at a cafe to catch up for a while, and then we exchanged numbers. Not even a week later, he called me to invite me out on a date." Makoto scratched the back of her head. "I can't really say when we, uh... were official. It just happened after a while..." 

He'd kept asking her out to places, and even though she thought she had gotten over that crush years ago, she kept saying yes. At first, it had made her feel less lonely being without any of her friends back in the city, but then they became steadily more romantic, and Mako had always been weak for that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th March 2016, 3:25 pm

[HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 PfPFUou

Ami listened quietly as she followed the group. So, Makoto's mysterious boyfriend was their friendly arcade employee, Motoki? Now that was something that immediately made sense to the studious navy-haired young woman. Like most of the other girls, she too had a slight crush on the sandy-haired young man with a warm smile—but that was never anything she took seriously, and she could honestly say that she was deeply happy for Makoto without a hint of jealousy. In fact, knowing that Makoto had found someone who could truly appreciate her and treat her well was exactly what Ami dreamed of for all of her friends. They couldn't all have an eternal moonlight romance like the Princess and her Prince, but she wished for the best for all of them.

This did make her wonder what had happened to Reika, but of course she wasn't going to ask. (Nor would she try to look it up, later. That was really more of a "Minako thing" to be snooping about in others personal lives.)

Even better was the fact that this conversation would surely keep at least Usagi and Minako thoroughly distracted from fussing over Ami—she wasn't about to ruin the atmosphere just yet with her (probably unnecessary) worries.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th March 2016, 7:13 pm

[HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 Zz3nQy5

After parking the car, Mamoru approached the girls, pausing as Usako pulled them all into a hug to let them all enjoy the moment. It was only then that he noticed the other man; a sophisticated guy, fashionable and aloof looking in an... well an almost familiar way. With his style, Mamoru figured he had come with Minako, but whom would she bring to a reunion like this one? He had expected they would have all come alone - well, besides Usako and him - just for nostalgia and catching up fully, without having to hold back certain information --

Wait.

As Usako pulled them into the shrine and he got closer, blue eyes critically inspecting the other, he believed his hunch to be correct. "Afternoon, Artemis," he greeted slyly in passing, "If you're looking for Luna, she said she'd be along later."
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

Anait Zelleire

Lotus Crystal

Title : 'some witty/deep quote about life that makes ppl laugh/think here'

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th March 2016, 7:47 pm

[HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 WrGekha
Rei somehow managed to direct the girls towards one of the larger rooms already set up with some snacks and drinks, plus she expected her grandfather to pop in any moment with some hot tea.  She listened as Makoto told her dating story, finding it incredibly endearing.  She believed that each of her friends deserved to have happy endings, and Motoki and Makoto dating was certainly an enjoyable throwback.  She was much too preoccupied with her career and current MBA to have any room for a man, nor was she particularly interested in having someone in her life any ways. 

Still that feeling, it was almost bittersweet.  She knew the future had to come at some point, but they weren't sure what would cause it.  And now... Something was coming but what.  All she had was this feeling of watching over her friends, over her princess.
Back to top Go down
http://anaitlovesall.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th March 2016, 6:18 pm

[HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 11j0jQz

Minako kepts her eyes glued on Makoto as she told them about her new love life with... Motoki! Minako was ready to burst out with all sorts of love advice, but she stopped herself. Makoto and Motoki were perfect for each other and with Mako's cooking skills and caring nature...She'd have no trouble with him. She flashed a grin and lightly punched Makoto on the shoulder.

"You sly dog! After all these years too! If you need any advice, just leave it to me!" Minako boasted loudly as they entered the room Rei had set up for them.

"It's so great being here again!" Minako gazed around the room with nostalgia. The shrine was the place where they shared so many wonderful memories together. Minako suddenly remembered she had a little gift for Usagi and immediately began digging in her purse. She pulled out a blank CD with something written in sharpie.

"Here!" She handed it to Usagi, "This is a special all exclusive sneak peak recording of my new single! You get to have it first." She grinned at her, knowing Usagi was always supporting her idol dreams and loved having her music.

Artemis's cool sophisticated nature was shattered at the mention of Luna's name by Mamoru. His face flushed hot as he tried (and failed) to compose himself.

"H-how did you know? I mean...It's not like I was- er How is- Ah..." he stumbled over words, "Er...thank you."

He bowed his head at Mamoru slightly, "It is good to see you again, Mamoru. I apologize for not keeping proper contact with both you and Usagi. You two being the future King and Queen...and Luna and I your advisors. It is most irresponsible of me." He bowed in apology to Mamoru and added in sheeply, "Its just...Minako keeps me busy..."

Noticing the girls had gone ahead of them, Artemis suggested they should follow and headed up towards the shrine, inviting Mamoru to walk with him.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th March 2016, 7:23 am

Usagi’s lip wobbled at the thought of being forgotten. Surely Mako didn’t mean that she forgot about her, right?

However, her attention was quickly distracted by Mako’s story. So it was Motoki?! That was awesome! Mako had only had a crush on him since forever. Pretty much since she laid eyes on him. Although she wondered what happened to Reika, she figured she could ask later. “I’m so happy for you, Mako-chan!” she hugged her friend giddily. Maybe they could have a double wedding? That would be so fun, right?

Then Minako handed her a CD, and Usagi’s eyes widened. “Oh my gosh! An exclusive?! Thank you so much, Minako-chan!” she squealed, this time glomping on Minako. “Your songs are the best!”

She was about to suggest that they played it on Rei’s CD player and maybe hold an impromptu karaoke session when the sliding door opened again.

Usagi nearly dropped the CD when she saw who was standing there.

[HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 WOrwwic

Michiru nodded in agreement to Haruka’s words, and made a mental note to ask Ami or Rei as suggested. Those two were discreet and could keep a secret; surely they could discuss this in private without worrying about the news traveling to Usagi.

“Yes, let’s go and meet them,” she smiled. On their way inside, Michiru saw Mamoru and—if she wasn’t mistaken, that was Artemis?—but she decided to leave the two men be.

She arrived in the shrine and pushed the sliding door, to be greeted by a much too familiar scene that made her heart ache, both from the nostalgia and from the thought that this soon could be ruined. Seeing Usagi’s shocked expression, Michiru smiled.

“Ara, Haruka, there is a party here. It seems our invitation got lost in the mail.”
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th March 2016, 8:46 am

Ami swung around, tense and concerned, when the traditional frame and paper door slid open. Her hand reached instinctively into her pocket for her transformation item, fingers clutching tight with fear. Her anxious face and terrified eyes focused intently on that direction, ready to face whatever threatened the group. It was a sailor soldier's reaction, the muscle memory still instantaneous regardless of the passed years of peace.

But it wasn't some kind of evil entity, instead Haruka and Michiru stood there.

The medical student relaxed almost instantly. She turned away, hiding her panic-stricken face that was still unnaturally white even as the blood flow slowly restored itself. Ami could only hope that the others hadn't noticed her reaction.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th March 2016, 9:06 pm

"It's not easy to forget your hair, and though I have seen similar styles popping up, the length hardly ever compares," Mamoru commented, aware now perhaps why those styles were becoming more popular, as Minako's -- well, whatever role Minako had Artemis filling, he was bound to be visible at least some of the time, and that long white hair isn't easily hidden. "That and I can't imagine Minako taking anyone else along today, and if she had gotten a boyfriend I'm sure Usako would've filled me in the exact second she found out," he added with a fond smile, looking after where the young women had disappeared. "Don't worry about it," he added quickly in response to Artemis's concern, waving off his bow almost uncomfortably; honestly, that Artemis and Luna hadn't been insistent upon training or lessons or any of the like had been a relief - to him it meant he still had time to unofficially prepare before the official preparations started. He still had no idea how they would pull off creating Crystal Tokyo in the first place; he had somehow forgotten what King Endymion had said about the events leading up to its creation. In any case, it wasn't like he had been disappointed at the silence from the advisors in their official capacities. "I've been busy, too - it's not anyone's fault..." he trailed off as the two new arrivals easily slid open the temple doors and entered.

He quietly observed, "Usako didn't tell me Haruka and Michiru would be coming today." It wasn't a bad thing that they were there - it was just that they hadn't seen either of them in a number of months and if Usako knew they were coming she would have mentioned something. With a sideways glance at Artemis, he followed them in.
Back to top Go down
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

Anait Zelleire

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th March 2016, 4:41 am

Rei had easily settled down on a cushion now, groaning loudly as Minako handed over a CD to Usagi. Did they really have to start the party with that? However she was saved by the sudden appearance of Haruka and Michiru.  It wasn't that she didn't like them, she did, they were her friends, but if they were here, then they must have felt it too.  This made her insides twist, both she and Ami had noticed something, so if there was something going on, then they would notice it too. Mamoru and Artemis came in just after them.  She looked to the two girls who just arrived, a welcoming smile on her face but a question in mind, "Will there be any other arrivals?"
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th March 2016, 6:42 am

[HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 RiGh9gS

"What a shame, I suppose I should have a word with the mailman" Haruka said, smirking as she looked at everyone in the party. She didn't fail to notice Ami's reaction to them. Hopefully Michiru can get some information out of her, that reaction was a bit extreme. 

"I don't think Hotaru or Setsuna will be joining us today," she said apologetically, answering Rei's question. Haruka knew that her Princess would have loved it if all of her guardians had been able to attend. 

Walking up to the young woman who was in many ways the center of her world, she reached out to grab a strand of her long blonde hair, running her fingers through it. "Hello Koneko, it's been a while, hasn't it?" She pitched her voice slightly lower than normal, knowing it would make it more of a sexy purr, in an attempt to make the younger girl blush. 

Haruka had always loved it when Usagi blushed when she flirted with the younger girl. It had become a game for her to see how fast she could make her Princess blush.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th March 2016, 8:27 am

"Thanks, Minako, I think..." Makoto didn't know whether to consider that as a compliment or, but she was in too good of a mood to dwell on Minako's offer of "advice". Usagi's reaction quickly wiped out that doubt, and she squeezed her back when she was hugged for the third time today. There was something reassuring about having Usagi's approval, as if it was proof that this time, everything would work out right. It didn't erase the first time she had been dumped, but it did push those lingering thoughts further away. 

Everything seemed to be working out for everyone, judging by Minako's CD sales. The road to being a lasting Idol star was difficult, but Minako had done harder things before, and she was talented enough to pull anything she wanted off. 

As Rei's bedroom door slid open again, Makoto had turned to look, assuming it was just Mamoru joining them. Instead, it was a pair she hadn't seen in a long while. 

"I didn't know you guys were back in Tokyo too," Makoto said to Michiru and Haruka, smiling at them. It was an unexpected visit, but it only added more to their get together in her mind. But then again, they've always had impeccable timing. It was too bad Setsuna and Hotaru weren't around though.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th March 2016, 5:38 pm

The door slid open and Minako could tell that it set someone on edge...and she had an idea it was Ami. Glancing at Ami quickly, her suspicions were confirmed just by the brief look up worry and hand on her transformation pen. What could have her so much on edge that... Her thought was interrupted as she saw who came through the door.

"Michiru! Haruka!" Minako smiled at the unexpected guests. "I didn't know you were in town. We could've tried to have a joint performance." She grinned, genuinely happy to see them. Had it not been for Michiru, she probably would still be a nobody idol right now, working her way up still. In the back of her mind, she felt it was no mere coincidence they were here.

Artemis appreciated Mamoru's honesty. It was a trait about him that he always admired. However, seeing Michiru and Haruka showing up unexpectedly, a grim expression came to his face. He knew the time for the Queen and King's reign was to come upon them soon...and he had always kept an eye out for any signs of the cause of the event whenever he could, doing his best to keep in touch with Luna. They had yet to see anything significant, but perhaps Michiru and Haruka had felt something. Setsuna certainly must know something but he knew that she would never reveal what. He returned the glance at Mamoru, at this point having moved his sunglasses to his head and followed him in, feeling a need to be near Minako.
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th March 2016, 5:41 am

Seeing Haruka and Michiru again should have been a nice surprise, but even though Ami recovered swiftly from her moment of panic she had been unable to stop her mind from racing. Normally watching Haruka flirt with their Princess would have made her chuckle slightly at the older blonde woman's antics, but that feeling of bemused mirth fizzled out before it could surface. The blue-haired young woman did her best to follow Minako's excited greeting with a smile, but it was an action she performed rather than an emotion she felt. All she felt was a faint uneasiness turning to dread. She wanted to welcome their guests, but her heart constricted with worry.

Perhaps the others had felt it, too? With Haruka's affinity for sky, always feeling the changes on the breeze, and Michiru's connection to sea, possessing insight into the rolling of the waves, could either of them remain ignorant of this unknown disturbance? That seemed unlikely. The questions waited on the tip of her tongue, but now was not yet the time. She wanted to hold on to this peaceful and cheerful moment as long as she could.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th March 2016, 8:45 am

[HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 YzGiBWd

Setsuna had watched the streams of time intertwining, joining one another, causes and effect knotting together like a beautiful musical symphony, all the notes appearing on the right places. All of them forming the future that she knew was waiting, a future whose path would not be easy, but must be traversed regardless.

The first step upon that path must happen today.

The time has come.

As the inner and outer senshi of the Moon Princess’ court gathered once more on this fateful day, Setsuna made her way to them, having waited until all of them showed up and even gave them a bit of time to enjoy on their own, to just be with each other once more and savor the happiness before all of it would be taken from them much too soon.

She comforted herself with the knowledge—the promise—of the future that awaited beyond this trial. This rite of passage. One that might break them but would not destroy them. They were strong enough to face this, after all the trials and tribulations they had been through. Everything that happened in their lives had prepared them for this moment.

And they were ready.

After Mamoru and Artemis slipped inside, a couple minutes later the sliding door opened again almost noiselessly. Setsuna’s towering form stood behind it, an apologetic smile on her face.

“Good afternoon. Princess,” she inclined her head to Usagi, then gazed at the others one by one. “Senshi. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and I loathe ruining this reunion even more, but there is something really important I must tell you. I am sure a couple of you have noticed something going on in the city already,” she glanced meaningfully at Ami, Rei, Haruka, and Michiru.

“I am afraid what is happening can no longer be ignored.”
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th March 2016, 9:02 am

[HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 WOrwwic

The first thing Michiru noticed were the smiling faces, which turned into surprised expressions. Except for one. One did not merely look surprised, but also positively panicked. Michiru frowned ever so slightly, wondering what could have made Ami look like that. Did she know what was waiting for them too? What had she managed to deduce with her research?

She pointedly ignored Haruka’s flirting with Usagi and smiled at Minako. “Perhaps we can still arrange something if you’re still going to be in town for a while.”

Or perhaps not.

Because just when she was getting settled, Setsuna appeared. Guess she did plan to join the party after all, but in typical Setsuna fashion, she had to make the most dramatic entrance of all.

Poor Haruka, having her dramatic surprise topped so effortlessly.

But then again, the Guardian of Time never played fair.

So whatever was coming was coming now, then?

The universe never did play fair either.

“Haruka-san! Michiru-san!” Usagi jumped up to welcome them, though she didn’t immediately move to hug them. For one thing, they were less close, and for another, they had always struck her as the elegant older sisters, so she was always self-conscious about how she acted around them. She was about to ask if they’d brought Setsuna and Hotaru with them, but was disappointed to hear otherwise.

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean not to invite you—I thought you’re all still abroad!”

She blushed when Haruka called her ‘kitten’. It had been so long since she’d heard that nickname, and even now, she still felt her cheeks warming up when Haruka turned on her charm. “Stop it, I’m not a little kid anymore,” she said, pouting exactly like one.

When the door opened again to reveal Setsuna, Usagi’s smile widened, surprised but mostly happy by this turn of events.

However, what Setsuna was saying sent an all too familiar chill of dread up her spine. Even from that first word—Princess—Usagi already knew she wasn’t going to like the news. Setsuna wasn’t here as a friend; she was here on official senshi business.

Senshi.

Usagi hadn’t heard that word in years, and now it settled like a weight on her shoulders.

She turned to her friends in confusion when Setsuna revealed that some of them already knew what was going on. “What…? What is happening? You knew already?” she looked at each of them in turn, a sense of betrayal hitting her as she thought that they might be talking about this behind her back, keeping secrets from her—maybe even having their own meetings without her when she missed them so much?—treating her with kid gloves when she was anything but a child anymore.

She might not have Rei’s intuition or Ami’s knowledge, but that didn’t mean that she didn’t deserve to know.

Hadn’t she proved that she was strong enough times already?

How many times did she have to save the world before they would trust her?
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th March 2016, 11:01 pm

Setsuna's arrival, unexpected by even Haruka and Michiru, would have been a welcome surprise if not for what she had to share. Makoto could feel the atmosphere shift in the small bedroom area as Setsuna hinted at something drawing near. It had been five long years of peace, and a new enemy chose to appear now of all times? And what did she mean by some of them knowing already?

Wondering if she had missed some obvious sign, Makoto was lost in her thoughts as looked down at her lap, a slight frown on her face. Had she been so caught up in her own life that she just hadn't picked it up?  

"I don't think I get exactly what you're trying to tell us but... if we need to fight one more time, then we'll do it," Makoto declared. She might not know the specifics or have some premonition of things to come, but she would not back down from doing their duty. And this time, they had even more than usual at stake. 

If she had to take down one more enemy to keep her bakery open, or to let Minako continue as an idol, or keep Ami in school, or protect anyone else's dreams, then she'd do it without question. They'd won against such great odds before that she couldn't fathom losing now.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th March 2016, 11:36 pm

"And they just keep coming..." Minako mumbled under her breath, only audible Artemis, who was standing slightly protectively next to her. Setsuna, the bearer of bad news, broke it to them. Minako had not really sensed anything major. Just a small gut feeling. This, however, confirmed her suspicions with Ami's strange behavior. She eyed Rei, Michiru and Haruka, knowing those three knew something as well. She was the leader and sure maybe she should notice these things, but she and Artemis had both been keeping an eye out, scanning constantly with their computers. Minako never noticed anything to feel the need to contact the girls, but deep down, she knew something was coming so she had mentally prepared herself along with her career for whatever disaster was to come.

It was all part of their plan to have Artemis as her manager. He made sure all contracts were able to be broken easily and that she could take a break from the public eye if needed. It also helped that she had pre-made songs, blog updates and all sorts of other content that would get automatically updated and released during her absence. Deep down, she knew this would be the last of Minako Aino, idol.  It was now time for Sailor Venus, leader and protector of the Princess, to shine.

She bit her bottom lip as Usagi looked at each of them, a look of betrayal on her face. She hated seeing that look in her eyes and knew just what she was thinking.

"Usagi!" Minako protested, "I had no idea! At least...of details..." She averted her eyes from Usagi as she continued, "I only had a small gut feeling, nothing that I felt warranted bringing up...but whatever they know," Minako motioned at Rei, Ami and both Michiru and Haruka "...they sure can't have known for very long. However...Ami, I think you have a better idea than all of us, right?"  

She could tell something was wrong with her since they arrived and knowing Ami, with her superior computer and research skills, she was most likely to have found the most information of this new enemy or disaster they would face.
Back to top Go down
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

Anait Zelleire

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th March 2016, 3:47 pm

Even though Haruka had answered her question confidently, it seemed she was wrong as only moments later Setsuna had joined them.  Her presence was not one of a happy reunion however.  Though she hadn't known what was coming, she knew that something would come.   And it appeared that now was the time.  Her chest squeezed as her worries about their hard won happiness now seemed like a dream again.  She did not feel guilty as Minako reassured Usagi that she had not hidden anything.  Why should she taint the other's happy endings with this sense of impending disaster? 

The word senshi weighed on her, she was a guardian, a warrior, a protector, and though they had all been able to rest from their duties for five years, it seemed that it was time don the mantle once again.  She put on an air of feigned annoyance, "Well let's not sugar coat anything, what are we looking at?"
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th March 2016, 7:08 am

Setsuna's arrival made Ami's blood run cold, and she felt no relief when the Guardian of Time began to speak. So it wasn't just a coincidence. It wasn't just a strange anomaly. She had been trying so hard to find a solution, an explanation—something that made the strange energy signatures just a fluke instead of significant. Everyone was finally enjoying their lives as normal girls. She wanted to assure these lives.

Being addressed not as Ami Mizuno, medical student, but Sailor Mercury, soldier of water and intellect, only intensified her discomfort. No words could have more thoroughly indicated an end to the happy times she tried so hard to safeguard.

Usagi's reaction, the blue eyes in turmoil, only increased the sick feeling in the pit of Ami's stomach. She didn't turn away from her Princess, but met the gaze with her own. She wanted to plead with the other girl. How could I tell any of you with just a suspicion, without any hard evidence? How I could ruin everyone's happiness unless I was sure?

Ami took a deep breath, trying to steady her nerves, before replying to Setsuna's announcement and Minako and Rei's questions.

"It isn't much, but I've been tracking unusual activity that seems to focus on six points in the city. I've been trying to analyze it, but any results or conclusions remain unclear. I hoped that with more time I could collect better data that might offer something solid."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th March 2016, 7:22 am

Setsuna nodded at Ami’s explanation. “Precisely. They are attacking six different points… but they aren’t random.” With a wave of her hand, her Garnet Orb appeared, and within it everyone could see the projection of a map where these six points were located. Soon lines began to connect them, and a shape was revealed. One dot blinked in the middle, while five others blinked around it.

Picture:

“These are the Crystal Points. The points of stronghold that would one day form Crystal Tokyo.”

She paused, letting the information sink in. The Black Moon Clan once tried to destroy them, but what they were doing then was incomparable to the force attacking these points now.

“This time, it is Chaos itself that is trying to dismantle these points, and this is a coordinated attack.” Setsuna took a deep breath before she delivered the worst news of all. “Chaos is attacking all of these points at once, right now. And should it succeed, Crystal Tokyo will never come to be.”
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th March 2016, 7:52 am

If Haruka didn't know any better, she would have accused Setsuna of appearing when she did simply to make the blonde look like a liar. However, the blonde knew the guardian of time better and that if she was here, after saying she couldn't go to the party, then something was wrong. 

She winced at the look on Usagi's face - accusing them of treating her like a child, of not trusting her. Did she not understand even after all this time that it wasn't that her guardians didn't trust her, it was their job to protect her. What was the point of worrying her until they had more information. Mamoru's look just over Usagi's shoulder didn't help Haruka's feelings of guilt. Ever the solider, she pushed her feels to the side and focused on the matter at hand. 

Her suspicions of Ami having more information than she or Michiru did were proven correct when she mentioned that six points were being attacked. Setsuna's further explanation of this points being strongholds in Crystal Tokyo and that Chaos was attempting a coordinated attack on these ponts didn't sit well with Haruka. 

Had the timeline changed that much or had this happened before. It was hard to know and the only one that did know - Setsuna - wasn't going to tell them about it, for fear of accidently influencing this time. 

Would this attack stop Usagi and Mamoru from ascending to the throne? Chaos could try, but Haruka would see to it, even if it cost her her life that the Prince and Princess would ascend the throne and fulfill their destiny. 

She looked at Michiru out of the corner of her eye. As much as she wanted to slink out as soon as they got enough information and have her and her lover handle the situation, something told her that this was bigger than anything that she or Neptune or even all four of the outer senshi could handle on their own. Dammit! 

"We won't let that happen," Haruka said confidently, finally speaking up. "Setsuna, do you have any ideas on how we can stop Chaos?"
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th March 2016, 8:43 am

The Crystal Points.

Ami stared at the projection in shock, feeling shaken to her core with the revelation of the information she had overlooked. How had she missed that association? She should have known the Crystal Points—remembered them from not so very long ago. They were essential when the group protected their future from the Black Moon Clan. But this time the attacks were more subtle, the energy that Ami could scan always focused near those areas but never directly at the Crystal Points. Perhaps that was why she hadn't noticed it.

It didn't really matter why. The weight of her failure settled heavily on her shoulders. She was supposed to be the brains of the group. Ami Mizuno, famed "girl genius" with an IQ of 300... this should have been simple. Had her intelligence deserted her? Was she less smart, less analytical, than she once had been? Or was all of that just a lie anyway, finally revealed for the idiot she truly was?

Ami shivered, crossing her arms over her chest, Haruka's words only a vague mumble to her ears. She had really hoped that everything was going well, that everyone would get their much-deserved "happily ever after". But Chaos was back, threatening their future. She dreaded to hear Setsuna's response.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th March 2016, 6:09 pm

So it was the Black Moon Clan's plan all over again, but this time Chaos didn't even bother trying to hide behind some group. But if Chaos hadn't taken a new incarnation, who or what were they supposed to target? Was there a way they could shield Tokyo's Crystal Points from the assault?

The entire thing frustrated her. She hated not being able to physically do something, and at the moment, there was nothing to aim at that would hinder Chaos. She thought back to the time they had visited the future, and remembered the way Crystal Tokyo had guarded against the invasion. Would it be possible to copy whatever method their future selves used?

"Or maybe we could... make a shield to guard against it?" Makoto was mostly thinking out loud, but hearing Setsuna's opinion would help.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th March 2016, 6:32 pm

Setsuna's arrival was something he half expected, despite any hints otherwise - if Haruka and Michiru had known but had not been personally invited - which he could gather from Usako's reaction - Setsuna was guaranteed to know: it was her showing up that was the question, and with a gathering this big, he almost hoped she would come, with Hotaru in tow, just to make the team complete and join in that feeling of completeness. It had been a long time since Usako, Ami, Rei, Makoto and Minako had been together, but even longer since they had all been in the same room. However, her demeanor and immediate announcement banished any notion that she had come for the same reason they had, her address immediately putting off any social inclinations; her tone, cool, formal, and collected, immediately put him on edge, absorbing his attention entirely until her garnet-hued eyes landed on Ami, Rei, Haruka and Michiru. He followed their meaningful glance, her subsequent words like a small stab in his gut.

They had known about this? Setsuna even hinted that they had ignored it? But why - how? He was confident that their intentions were pure, but he could not help the betrayal that he felt in heart - if they had known what was coming, why did they keep it to themselves? As Usako gave voice to his hurt and concern with her own, he moved forward and put his hand on her shoulder in support and solidarity, backing her up while silently seconding her questions. Had he known, maybe he could have done something - looked into possibilities, prepared for this better -- he understood that their motivation might have been to spare anyone worry, or whatnot, but if they were also assuming the timeline would keep true, wouldn't they know to be on alert and communicate openly anything they found suspicious? Only Haruka and Michiru could read the wind and the sea, only Rei the flame - Ami could... Ami... if Ami found this through normal means, through research and following leads logically, wouldn't that mean that he could have, as well, if he had been looking into things as he should have been? Guilt bloomed, but he pushed it away - whether he did or did not was not the issue here. Why hadn't they clued them in sooner? How much time could they have saved in preparation? How many opportunities had they lost now?

While he appreciated Makoto's support and Minako's reassurances, for Usako's sake, Rei's somewhat dismissive attitude hit him the wrong way, coming from someone who had supposedly known about what was to come and elected not to share it, but rather than focus on it he delved instead into Ami's revelation, his heart beating faster at the mention of six points in the city, and Setsuna's confirmation via map that brought up memories from around seven years ago: the Crystal Points, the very same that the Black Moon Clan had been after. Did this have anything to do with them? Or... They had been important in the future, but had they always been important? Was their position meaningful now, or would it become meaningful now? What were at those points that Chaos itself was after? 

Chaos itself... Metallia, Death Phantom, Pharaoh 90, Nehelennia, Sailor Chaos... Did she mean that enemies as strong as they were at those points now? That meant Earth was in danger --

'And should it succeed, Crystal Tokyo will never come to be.'

Suddenly two parallel thoughts came to mind at what Pluto suggested, and his grip on Usako's shoulder tightened reflexively.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th March 2016, 7:40 pm

The six crystal points, huh? Well...Minako was with Haruka. They won't let whatever chaos is doing to the points happen. To Minako, it seemed fairly easy. Six points, nine Sailor Soldiers. They should be able to split up and protect each point simultaneously.

"Mako, I think you're right. There's nine of us, including Hotaru. We should all be able to split up and protect each point. Three of us at each point. That should be more than enough to stop whatever form Chaos has now."

Minako eyed Ami, who had spoken only on what little she had found. It must bother her that she was unable to get more information for them sooner. Minako walked over to her and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry, Ami! The information that you have is very valuable to us. You've found more than Artemis and I have and we've been scanning and watching ever since I became an idol."  

Minako hoped her optimism and enthusiasm would help cheer up her friend. There's no sense in getting down now, despite how much she wished this day had never come. They had a job to do and that was protect the Princess and their future. And that was their ultimate dream and goal.

"Besides, we've beaten Chaos before! This should be a piece of cake!"

Minako prayed deep in her heart that what she said was true.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th March 2016, 6:25 am

Setsuna looked at Ami, who seemed the most shaken despite the fact that she was the one who got closest to the truth. Perhaps it was that very fact that bothered her—that she hadn’t gone all the way to the end and discovered it for what it was.

“Do not blame yourself for failing to figure it out,” she told Ami. “This enemy… they are cloaking their activities very well, making sure we would not be able to detect it until it’s too late. If I weren’t the Guardian of Time, I would not have known who they are or what they are doing either. However, I have managed to lift their veil now, so your computer should be able to find them more easily.”

Haruka asked for the solution, while Makoto proposed one. Setsuna shook her head. “Merely shielding it or guarding it would not work. These enemies… you must defeat them.”

For reasons beyond just protecting the world.

Minako spoke up next, and Setsuna smiled sadly. “I am afraid neither I nor Hotaru will be able to participate in this battle. I must guard the time stream, and Hotaru also has another duty elsewhere that I cannot divulge just yet. You will have to manage with just the seven of you. Divide yourselves well. I believe each place has a connection with the person destined to make their last stand there.”

She looked at the Senshi one by one, hope and worry warring in her gaze.

“Chaos has managed to create something… truly terrible. Somehow, it has managed to cross time and space, warped it, and brought back something deeply unsettling. I cannot tell you about these enemies, as facing them and figuring out how to defeat them is part of the test. Part of protecting the future. Be assured, however, that I have seen you defeat them, which means you will succeed, so long as you believe in yourself and everything you are. That is the most important thing for everyone.”

She gave one last look at Usagi and smiled sadly. “I believe in you, Princess. Bring the future that we have all been waiting for, the one in which you will rule as our Queen.”

At last, she glanced at everyone. “I have to take my leave now, but I will be watching and praying for you every step of the way. Identify the six points and go there. Remember, this is a coordinated attack, so you cannot defeat them one by one. You must go your separate ways and fight simultaneously, or you will fail. Your respective enemies will show themselves and your battle will begin.”

With those enigmatic last words, she turned and left, clearly having delivered all the information she was willing to give.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th March 2016, 6:43 am

Setsuna was still talking when Ami pulled out her computer. She may not have been an active sailor soldier for several years, but she never let go of the device. It was always there, in her pocket or tucked safely in a bag, waiting for the right opportunity. Clearly that kind of preparedness was being rewarded now. Her fingers clicked across the keyboard in that all-too-familiar way as she confirmed what the Guardian of Time had to say to the group.

Yes, now she could see it perfectly. All six points, outlined perfectly. And each seemed suspiciously coordinated with one or more members of the currently-assembled group.

"Everyone, these are the six points," she began, reading the list aloud. She wondered if the others would read the same associations that she did: Chess Tower for Ami, Hikawa Shrine for Rei, Juuban Rose Garden for Makoto, Tokyo Concert Hall for Minako, Marine Cathedral for Uranus and Neptune, and Ichi-no-Hashi Park for the Princess and her Prince.

"If Setsuna believes we must split up and defeat the enemies waiting there on our own, I have no reason to doubt her assessment. I suspect that my destination should be Chess Tower."
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th March 2016, 9:08 am

To be truthful, Makoto didn't like the idea of splitting everyone up. It wasn't that she didn't think anyone could handle themselves, bu it seemed like an easy way for Chaos to pick them off one by one when they were too far away to help each other. The senshi were strongest in a group and Chaos had most likely purposely organized this attack to force them apart.

Well, they would just have to win anyway. If Setsuna had faith in their victory, then it was at least possible, and that was enough for Makoto to fight for.

"I'm guessing that leaves me with the Rose Garden..." Mako said. Each of these challenges were meant for each of them, and she felt that her enemy would be there.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th March 2016, 12:00 pm

Haruka hated the idea of leaving her Prince and Princess alone to face their own test. It was her job, all of their jobs to protect them. Deep down, she knew that they would be fine, and would be able to overcome whatever obstacles where thrown their way in this test. 

At least she was to be with Michiru. The senshi of wind couldn't help but wonder what this said about their group dynamics or about herself and Michiru. Were they so tangled together that their destinies were one, like the Prince and Princess? 

As much as she wanted Setsuna and Hotaru to fight by their sides, knowing they were stronger together than they were apart, she knew that their duties were just as important. Whatever they needed to accomplish may help Crystal Tokyo arrived. 

Perhaps it was a good thing she had decided to retire from racing when she did. She had a feeling that when they came out of this, nothing would ever be the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon    [HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[HC Event] The Lunar Chronicles - Phase IV: Full Moon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top