The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Artemis
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Artemis

Inner Senshi AdminMember Support Director

Title : Formerly Sailor Gallifrey // "Professional" Bassoon Player ♡

Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"? Empty
PostSubject: Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"?   Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"? I_icon_minitime21st January 2016, 6:25 am

One thing that always confused me about the Sailor V manga was the identity of Mina and Artemis's "Boss", who gave them instructions through the pen that Artemis always carried around. In the Sailor Moon manga, the identity of the person training Usagi from behind the scenes through the Sailor V video game was later revealed to be V herself, but the identity of Sailor V's "Boss" was never revealed.
Mostly, I found it strange that there was someone Artemis was taking orders from, because as we see in the Sailor Moon manga, the only person who could give Artemis (and Luna) instructions and guidance like we see from V's "Boss" was Queen Serenity. But, she had already sacrificed herself in the process of sending everyone to Earth at this point in the story, making her being the "Boss" unlikely. 
However, in act 10 of Sailor Moon, Queen Serenity's image that appears to Sailor Moon and the inner senshi while on the moon states that she was the one who woke Luna and Artemis so they could watch over the senshi, which makes it seem like she would likely have been the one to guide them (especially Artemis) after both were awakened. On the other hand, the lack of power to fuel Queen Serenity's image that caused her to disappear in front of Sailor Moon and the others and Mina and Artemis's very freindly relationship with the "Boss" gives me more reason to doubt the theory, and overall I don't think the "Boss" was really Queen Serenity. My only other explanation I have is that Naoko Takeuchi was going to expand on the identity of the boss, but she never went through with it after she began creating Sailor Moon, which we can see (from cameos and such) happens very early on in the Sailor V manga.
Sorry for the long post guys~ Just wanted to put all my thoughts out there. I'm really interested to hear what you guys think about the mysterious "Boss"! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonadventures.tumblr.com/
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"?   Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"? I_icon_minitime21st January 2016, 11:52 am

Quote :
However, in act 10 of Sailor Moon, Queen Serenity's image that appears to Sailor Moon and the inner senshi while on the moon states that she was the one who woke Luna and Artemis so they could watch over the senshi, which makes it seem like she would likely have been the one to guide them (especially Artemis) after both were awakened. On the other hand, the lack of power to fuel Queen Serenity's image that caused her to disappear in front of Sailor Moon and the others and Mina and Artemis's very freindly relationship with the "Boss" gives me more reason to doubt the theory, and overall I don't think the "Boss" was really Queen Serenity. 

I believe this was the original intent, and the prior relationship between "Boss" and Artemis could be explained with the energy required for different types of communication; they stated that the Moon's Supercomputers lasted, and the supercomputer had QS's consciousness within it - the supercomputer was what was sending messages to Artemis and acting as "Boss," and this "Boss" intelligence lasted up until the team went to the Moon and the computer used what was left of its energy store to produce a hologram of Queen Serenity, so Princess Serenity might see her mother and her mother might 'see' her. 
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"?   Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"? I_icon_minitime22nd January 2016, 2:29 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we see a slight silhouette at some point of "Boss" on the computer screen and it kinda looks like Q. Serenity? Or am I getting confused with the V silhouette we see in the 90s anime at some point...
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"?   Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"? I_icon_minitime22nd January 2016, 3:29 pm

I don't think "Boss" was ever shown. I'd have to double check though.
you might be getting it confused with Crystal when Luna sees Sailor V in the base.
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"?   Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"? I_icon_minitime22nd January 2016, 4:52 pm

Yep you are right. I just went through the volumes and the scene I was thinking of (when Minako first goes to the arcade) they don't show boss. So yep, I was confusing both 90s anime and SM manga. xD
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"?   Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"? I_icon_minitime22nd January 2016, 6:22 pm

So it WAS the spirit of neoqueen serenity, though how the moon had a supercomputer in the first place is beyond me and probably a good idea for another discussion thread lol.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal

Princess Sailor Mai

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Galaxy Cauldron's Official Princess Inspirit!
Location : In the middle of nowhere between part-time work and needing a full-time career

PostSubject: Re: Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"?   Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"? I_icon_minitime26th January 2016, 10:18 pm

I'm pretty sure it was hinted at eventually that it was the spirit of Queen Serenity.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"?   Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"? I_icon_minitime8th June 2016, 5:39 am

There are two options here:
1. The "Boss" is the consciousness of Queen Serenity as seen in Act 10 of Sailor Moon. This makes a lot of sense to me because the speech bubble for "Boss" is always drawn kinda digital-ish? I don't know how to quite put it. It also just sorta fits.

2. The "Boss" is Luna. This makes less sense than the other one, but the implication is that Luna and Artemis were awoken at the same time. But there's a whole bunch of problems with that, because Luna didn't know about Princess Serenity (and I'm pretty sure "Boss" and Artemis did, I'm a little fuzzy on that). And Luna wouldn't know all the things "Boss" did.

The problem is that we never hear the "Boss" referred to as anything other than that title. They're never even given gender pronouns. I just thought of another idea too: "Boss" could be the scrapped Diana the Moon Fairy idea too, which explains why we never get any explanation on who they are.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
TS Sailor Cronus
Lotus Crystal

TS Sailor Cronus

Lotus Crystal

Title : TITAN SOLDIER OF STARS AND DESTINY! SAILOR CRONUS!

PostSubject: Re: Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"?   Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"? I_icon_minitime1st February 2017, 7:05 pm

In the fourth arc, the kaleidoscope speaks to Usagi before it becomes her sword. So the idea of randomly sentient inanimate objects is not a foreign concept in the series. That was never explained either. It may well be that Boss was the pen, self-existing. *Shrug.*

That means Boss is dead now. XD
Back to top Go down
http://tssc-manga.weebly.com https://www.deviantart.com/enfpurplekitti
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"?   Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who was Mina and Artemis's "Boss"?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top