The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

[Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi? Empty
PostSubject: [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi?   [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi? I_icon_minitime11th January 2016, 8:35 pm

We know that eventually Chibiusa becomes the new Sailor Moon and the Asteroid senshi become her inner senshi guardians. I'm just wondering if she would get her own set out outer guardians or if her mothers senshi would maintain that role in the future?

Thoughts, ideas?
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi?   [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi? I_icon_minitime11th January 2016, 8:51 pm

Kyra will probably explain it better but I also submit to the Moon Phases theory that originated here (sorry I can't find the actual link to the specific post explaining it). Basically it explains that Usagi is the Full Moon Phase, which means that she gets the most senshi and the most power and there will not be another Sailor Moon as strong as she is again until the next Full Moon Phase comes around. Chibiusa will only have the four because she is Waning and thus will be weaker in terms of power. She'll eventually become a senshi in her own right, but I think her power will never truly go beyond Usagi's. Besides, the outers were never meant to be Usagi's senshi in the first place. I think under normal circumstances a princess doesn't get more than 3-4 guardians (see also: Starlights).
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi?   [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi? I_icon_minitime11th January 2016, 9:52 pm

Head!canon time! XD

I think it'd be interesting if she has her own "outer" senshi, except that senshi would be a dwarf planet from beyond the Kuiper Belt. My personal candidate for an "outer" senshi for Chibi Usa's team is Eris. It's the largest (that we know of right now) object beyond Pluto, it was once thought of as a planet, and thus given a name based on Graeco-Roman mythology like the rest of the planets.

Another interesting thing with Eris is that it's named after the goddess of discord in Greek mythology, but we've seen Chibi Usa as someone who's able to befriend people who are otherwise outcast or isolated. Taking in Eris as a part of her team would present a challenge to Chibi Usa, as Eris, being so distant from Earth, may not feel as strong of a pull towards Chibi Usa as the others, and is reluctant to join them and pledge her allegiance to the young princess. Her presence may cause the others to question their own loyalties to the princess and cause friction within the team. (Unlike the case with the Inner senshi and Sailor Moon, who were friends before they realized they were destined to protect her as their princess, I always thought it was a little weird that the Sailor Quartet so readily pledged themselves to serve and protect Chibi Moon. I guess one can chalk it up to instinct and gratitude for freeing them from the Dead Moon, but for a fiercely loyal relationship I feel like there needs to be more than just a sense of duty and gratitude.)
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Empress Vesta
Lotus Crystal

Empress Vesta

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official VesVes/Sailor Vesta and GC's Official Sailor Quartet Lover

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi?   [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi? I_icon_minitime12th January 2016, 6:06 am

I also subscribe to Jet Wolf's Moon phases theory (Usagi being full, Chibs being waning, etc), but I do think Chibiusa has "Outer" Senshi, because I just believe it's kinda silly for the ruler of an entire planet to only have four senshi. Sure, these "Outers" aren't personal guardians like the Quartet, but they are Chibiusa's Senshi all the same. Keeping with the Asteroid theme of Ceres, Pallas, Juno, and Vesta; I gave her Victoria, Hebe, Metis, and Astraea, which are all larger objects in the asteroid belt and were some of the next (besides the Quartet's asteroids) to be discovered and named. (Actually I kinda had the idea that her "Outer" senshi are little girls about Chibs' age that the Senshi previously saved and who only appeared in one episode of the anime...I talk about them more on my tumblr.)

Also is this the post you were talking about, Mercury? It's not the first in Jet's phases theory tag, but it does summarize it quite nicely.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/senshiofthewild
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi?   [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi? I_icon_minitime12th January 2016, 6:33 am

I think she never really explains the whole of it in one post because I remember reading more detail than that, so it must have been over many posts. But yeah, that is kind of the short version of it!
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi?   [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi? I_icon_minitime12th January 2016, 7:39 am

Ah yes, I have seen the Moon phases theory, and I do have to agree with it. Usagi is much stronger than Queen Serenity and her daughter Chibiusa. Neither would ever be able to match her in strength.

Empress Vesta wrote:
I also subscribe to Jet Wolf's Moon phases theory (Usagi being full, Chibs being waning, etc), but I do think Chibiusa has "Outer" Senshi, because I just believe it's kinda silly for the ruler of an entire planet to only have four senshi. 

If we look at planets like where the Starlights are from, they have 3 senshi to their planet, four if you count their Princess. It may be that they are from Moons or other objects close by to that planet or other planets in that system to help protect the system they are from.

Other senshi we encounter seem to be the sole senshi of their planet, so we can theorize that they are from a system where their planet is the only one with life on it, hence them only requiring one active senshi. You could argue that there may be more senshi in their system, but we'd never know because of Galaxia. While Earth is the only planet in our system that had life, it seems that there could be the argument that there was life on other planets back in the Silver Millennium which is why we have more guardians. That or the senshi are just protectors and draw their powers from their planets and there's no other life in our system besides on the Moon and Earth. 

So the number of senshi in a system can be based on:

1. The number of habital planets/ number of people in a given system 
  2. It's based on how strong one or more star seeds in that system are.

We know Usagi's star seed is very strong and draws much evil to her system, which is why I think she has so many guardians: Some to stop the threats from outside the system and some to stop smaller threats that originate inside the system. 

So the number of senshi in a system could depend on the number of planets available for senshi to be born and draw their powers from (aka the size of the system) and how bright/strong someone in that systems star seed is. 

We can assume that as long as NQS is alive, her senshi will live forever. They die in battle, her crystal and her powers will bring them back to life. 

As long as there remains threats from outside the system, the four outer senshi that we know; Uranus, Neptune, Saturn and Pluto would remain active. The Inner Senshi, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter and Venus would remain as NQS personal guard, protecting the royal family. Chibiusa's, who for right now I'm going to call Neo Sailor Moon just to differentiate from Usagi, Asteroid senshi would act as her personal guard as the Inner Senshi act as her mothers. They would help her fight evil from inside the system. 

I only really see her getting her own Outer Senshi if the number and power of threats from outside the system became too much for just four senshi to handle, perhaps some more Senshi (maybe from other asteroids or from Trans-Neptunial Objects!) would awaken to help the fight. I think this may be a possibility as you have Neo Queen Serenity with her bright crystal and Chibiusa with her bright, but not as powerful as her mothers (if you follow the Moon Phases Theory) running around in the same system at the same time. 

Neo Sailor Moon's own Outer Senshi could awaken if anything happened to NQS causing her to die and her own senshi eventually fall in battle, leaving a gap that would need to be filled for the protection of the system. Maybe there would be four that awaken, maybe less, who knows.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

Title : GC's Official Saphir

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi?   [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi? I_icon_minitime12th January 2016, 12:19 pm

I kinda see the whole Inner/Outer division as in respect to the solar system itself, rather than guardians of Sailor Moon. So I wouldn't say the Quartet are necessarily equivalent to the Inners either.

The way I see it, those that protect the solar system from threats within would have to carry the blessings of the four inner planets, and those that protect it from outside threats would also need to have the power of the outer planets, rather than lesser celestial bodies.

I guess if anything, I would imagine her having more Asteroid Senshi if more were needed. The main senshi all have something in common as guardians of planets. So I would imagine her team being of the same origin, aka the asteroid belt.
Back to top Go down
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal

Princess Sailor Mai

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Galaxy Cauldron's Official Princess Inspirit!
Location : In the middle of nowhere between part-time work and needing a full-time career

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi?   [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi? I_icon_minitime16th January 2016, 10:53 pm

Technically the outer senshi were for the sole purpose of protecting the Silver Millennium, so with that, I'm assuming that yes they are Chibiusa's "outer senshi".
Back to top Go down
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi?   [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi? I_icon_minitime15th February 2016, 11:41 am

While I've theorized elsewhere that she was to gain her own Outer guard (that and Diana inheriting the role of Sailor Mau (the manga does make a point to mention she's the first of her kind born outside of Mau).), I've actually settled on the idea that the Asteroid senshi are her inheritance from her father and occupy the position of the Shitennou, as opposed to the Inner senshi. Note that the Dreams Arc is the last time that we ever see and hear of the Shitennou, and it's when we are introduced the Amazon Quartet. Note that the Amazon Quartet are born from the Earth, having been dormant within the Amazon rain forest.They don't have their origin on the Asteroids proper, but it would appear that they were assigned those stars by Neo Queen Serenity (and perhaps King Endymion? On that note, why'd they take upon the names of their past lives? Why not be Queen Usagi and King Mamoru?). 

But I digress.

I've come up with my own headcanon that she doesn't inherit her mother's throne, but rather she reigns with Helios within Elysium (I still hold to the theory that Helios is Endymion's priestly incarnation and "father" of Endymion in the manner that Queen Serenity is the "mother of Princess Serenity). 

The Maenads of Elysium are a curious pair, because they are priestesses (or rather attendants of Helios the High Priest of Elysium), and not senshi. Would they come to be senshi, continue to serve as priestesses, or would they occupy the position that Luna and Artemis did as advisors? This may very well be a stylistic issue, but did they really have to look near identical to Usagi with her odangos?

This image rather nicely corresponds to my head canon of ChibiUsa's guard/court in relation to that of her mother and father:

[Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi? Fvl0xy

Last edited by east02west on 15th February 2016, 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added image.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi?   [Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Theory] Does Chibiusa have her own Outer Senshi?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top