The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime17th December 2015, 7:35 pm

GET HYPED!!!

I didn't see a specific thread for TFA - if I missed it I apologize - so consider this the topic for discussing the movie itself or anything relating to the movie! Remember that everyone will not be able to see it this weekend so hide ya spoilers if you want to discuss any. Other than that have fun and may the force be with you this weekend!

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens Tumblr_inline_nzj6p5gQ6H1rgng1z_500
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime17th December 2015, 7:53 pm

if the snow goes away here i might see it this weekend...also HAN SOLO 4 the win!!
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime18th December 2015, 12:05 am

I WILL SEE THIS THING! I actually saw episodes IV-VI for the first time all week-the reason being why it took so long is because pop culture spoiled almost everything. Needless to say, I'm a bit late to the star wars hype.

But hey, better late then never.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : GC's Official Loof Merrow

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime18th December 2015, 8:20 am

I am going Sunday!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime18th December 2015, 12:00 pm

^^^^LUCKY! I will see this movie though I do wonder

spoiler(?):
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime18th December 2015, 12:40 pm

I'm seeing it tonight at 9! Can't wait. Also if you're scared about it being sold I would double check your local theater because the one we're going to wasn't sold out since it started showed the movie early (like 8 pm early Thursday night).
Back to top Go down
Khandri
Pyramidal Crystal

Khandri

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime18th December 2015, 7:38 pm

I saw it this afternoon, and I loved every minute of it! I'm going to refrain from spoilers altogether, but I'll just say that I both laughed and cried and was entertained from beginning to end. In a way, it was like coming home to see an old friend...that friend who maybe you haven't talked to a whole lot over the years, but once you got together again, everything was awesome and that friendship became that much stronger.

I'm at an age where I'm too young to really remember the original trilogy as being new and fresh (I was born literally two days after Empire Strikes Back was released in the US), and yet I'm too old to really have had the childlike excitement for the prequels (I was 19 and home from my first year of college when Phantom Menace first came out). But this? I felt like a kid watching this. I hadn't been this excited for a movie in a long time, and I'm so happy that it delivered.

Episode VIII can't come soon enough. I'm eager to see what happens next!
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime19th December 2015, 2:01 am

As someone who’s never seen the original movies (i.e. episodes 4, 5, and 6) and had only seen snippets of episode 1, I definitely cannot claim to be a Star Wars fan (though I know most of the major plot points, thanks to Wikipedia). I wanted to see the movie because of the great reviews it’d received thus far, but I walked away feeling rather unsatisfied in a number of ways.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime19th December 2015, 4:24 am

*INTERNALLY SCREAMING AT THIS MOVIE*

Alright I just have to get one thing out. I LOVE the original movies. I was about 11 when the 3rd movie came out and my dad took me to see it even though I had never watched the other movies at that time and just... seeing that familiar opening and hearing the music in true theater glory again almost brought tears to my eyes. It gave me that feeling of excitement and wonder that I had felt when going to see the 3rd movie and I'm just so incredibly happy that I got to (and get to in the future movies) experience that excitement again. 

Now spoiler time!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime20th December 2015, 6:30 pm

I enjoyed it. Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens 2422052349 

I can't really give a specific litany of reasons for why, I just thought it was awesome. I haven't seen any of the other movies, but I know the plot to them. 

(Also, I'm named after Princess Leia.)
Back to top Go down
http://randomnessandfantasy.tumblr.com/
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime20th December 2015, 8:39 pm

I finally got to see it, so now I don't have to avoid my friends' potentially spoiler ridden posts on FB. Very Happy

Oh I was so excited to see the standard opening and intro space scene again in a theater! It gave me the chills. My father came to see the movie with us, and since he was the one who got me into Star Wars as a kid it was like things went full circle. I have to say I enjoyed it quite a bit. I would say it is almost as good as the originals but not enough to outshine them completely. 

Spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime20th December 2015, 9:18 pm

Seeing this was so satisfying. My brother and I spent our childhood watching 4 - 6 on VHS together. We would have "star wars day" - a day where we would marathon the movies and jump around whomping each other with plastic lightsabers. We've seen all the new releases together in theaters, (1, 2, 3, and 7) it's like our little tradition. After the disappointment of 1 - 3, I was in love with 7. I LOVED IT. Everything about it. Well, almost.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime20th December 2015, 10:04 pm

Omg yall I loved this movie. John and I saw it 3 times in the span of two days. xD I have been a Star Wars fan since I was a kid (i think i was about 7?) when my dad brought me to see the "digitally enhanced" theatrical release of A New Hope. I was instantly hooked and watched the movies all the time.  I still have my VHS tapes of the original trilogy lol. The prequels were kinda blah as most fans feel about them (but i have to admit, I really enjoyed Phantom Menace when it came out as I was hyped for new star wars but was burnt out by Revenge of the Sith).  

THIS MOVIE IS THE MOST STAR WARS THING IVE WATCHED IN FOREVER.

Khandri wrote:
In a way, it was like coming home to see an old friend...that friend who maybe you haven't talked to a whole lot over the years, but once you got together again, everything was awesome and that friendship became that much stronger.

I couldn't have put it in better words. this is exactly how I feel about the movie.  I love how it left you with more questions than answers, I love the new characters, I love the action, the plot. Everything felt Star Wars and it felt right.

The one thing I noticed that I felt was lacking though was a new sort of song for the movie. Like we got all the usual Star Wars sounding music but usually theres at least one song or two that stands out like the Imperial March or Duel of the Fates (Darth Maul's Theme). However, part of me thinks they were holding back a bit with this movie to test the waters a bit, just in case it ended up being a big failure or something. I did really like the quiet, softer themes that were present though. Particular when we first get introduced to Rey as she's sliding down the dune. I also really loved the music from the first feature trailer.

The rest because spoilery:

All in all, I'm super excited about the return of the movie franchise with this new main story and all the side story movies we'll be getting too!
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime21st December 2015, 6:25 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime21st December 2015, 7:57 am

This will, in fact, be the first time I see a Star Wars movie when it premieres in theaters. I'm going on Christmas Day. (I was three when Revenge of the Sith came out but my grandma thought I'd rather se Madagascar than Star Wars for some reason...)
Star Wars is, in fact, my "original fandom". I loved it my entire life. I wouldn't say it's really my main fandom, but I will always enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime21st December 2015, 9:49 am

PoetofMercury wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime21st December 2015, 10:08 am

Sailor Mars wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime21st December 2015, 10:42 am

Small Lady wrote:
Sailor Mars wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime21st December 2015, 8:47 pm

Sailor Mars wrote:
PoetofMercury wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime22nd December 2015, 12:40 am

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OH MY GOSHHHH I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ANSWERED NOW AND NOT IN THE FOLLOWING TWO FILMS THAT YOU KNOW ARE GOING TO COME OUT BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS COME IN THREES!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime25th December 2015, 6:45 pm

I JUST CAME BACK AND I CANNOT
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sailor Zelda on 25th December 2015, 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime25th December 2015, 6:48 pm

^I STILL CAN'T! ARE YOU OKAY? ISN'T BB-8 ONE OF THE BEST ROBOTS?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime25th December 2015, 7:09 pm

^YES. SORT OF. NOT COMPLETLY. AND YES HE IS. (sorry the spoiler's late, I forgot how to put this in spoilers and had to check the rules.)
Back to top Go down
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Lotus Crystal

mercury_viola_rhapsody

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime25th December 2015, 7:11 pm

^ BB-8 fanclub meeting, anybody?
Back to top Go down
http://randomnessandfantasy.tumblr.com/
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime25th December 2015, 8:46 pm

^OOOH! OOOH! MEEE!
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime27th December 2015, 11:35 am

I just saw the movie last night (it was 11 when I got home so I went straight to bed instead of getting online.) but yush I loved this one so much (I've been watching star wars for as long as I can remember in fact as much as I love anime Star Wars could get me in the living room in front of the tv faster than any anime ever could)

Spoiler:

But Seriously I'm that star wars fan that loves everything they come out with for star Wars just as long as I get to have my Star War's fix and they are giving me something to watch.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime1st January 2016, 2:57 pm

THIS IS SO FUNNY.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime1st January 2016, 10:15 pm

HAHA HOLY CRAP SMALL LADY THAT IS THE BEST THING I'VE SEEN ALL NIGHT!
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Lotus Crystal

Batgirl

Lotus Crystal

Title : Batgirl, Batgirl, watcha gonna do?~Dubbed Sailor Potassium Monkey~

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime18th January 2016, 6:53 pm

I am Reylo trash. 
Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens Tumblr_o0f8sb9jD01v3r6c1o1_500
Back to top Go down
http://theofficialbatgirl.tumblr.com http://theofficialbatgirl.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime18th January 2016, 7:26 pm

I meant to share this. xD

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens   Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

View previous topic View next topic Back to top