The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Miraculous Ladybug

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug   Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd April 2016, 11:56 am

YES! I love how a lot of their fighting is actual physical fighting before they bust out their powers and that their powers are very limited. It just makes the fights so much more fun to watch and also seeing how well Chat and Ladybug work together.

And i love all the fandom sin omfg i'm trash
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug   Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th August 2016, 7:05 pm

Small Lady wrote:
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHATEVER IT IS YOU ARE WORKING FOR. THE CON.

And YES! I Agree 100%! I love the animation, its so smooth and some of the best 3d animation in a tv series I've ever seen. The fight scenes are fun and enjoyable, chat's goofy puns and one liners, Ladybug always being slightly annoyed with him but thoroughly trusting and depending on him as a partner.

AAAAHH:

I am COMPLETE ML TRASH! It has cliches but it uses some of those cliches PRETTY WELL SO IT SEEMS A BIT FRESH?! The characters are charming, the dialogue between the characters suit them, the romance is sweet, and the fights are fun to watch!

And that Umbrella Scene.  Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 2869872805
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug   Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th September 2016, 8:55 am

Ehhhh...sorry, but while I do like this show, I don't really love it, either. It's a massive cliche storm to me, the characters are mostly dull and never develop or change throughout the series, Hawkmoth is an absolutely pathetic villain and probably the worst cartoon villain I've ever seen, the episodes are a drag to watch, and it tries WAY too hard to both be an action show and be safe so moral guardians won't raise a stink about it. I haven't finished my official review yet, but do be warned, it won't be favorable for the most part. It's a shame, because Astruc really wanted to make this show substantial with the original 2D material. Had he been allowed to go with his original plans for ML, this show might have been great! Too bad networks wouldn't touch it unless he sanitized it and made it squeaky clean!

I will give it this, though: Tikki is the best mascot/fairy companion ever. NOT ONCE is she EVER mean or hostile toward Marinette, nor does she ever berate her over stuff she doesn't know! We need more fairies like this who AREN'T annoying! Unfortunately, Chloe has the most annoying voice ever. Can someone drop that spoiled brat into a volcano?
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug   Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2016, 5:42 am

Alrighty! It took me a while, but I finally finished writing my review of it! (Kept under spoilers because it's REALLY long...and it's not a nice review, either)

Very long review:
Back to top Go down
Eidolune

Eidolune

Title : GC's Official Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug   Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2016, 4:52 pm

Dude it's a kids show. It's not plot heavy so kids can jump in at any time and not have to worry about missing story. I don't think you need to go so deep or detailed in a review on a kid's show.

I love Miraculous because it's fun and pretty and offers a new type of super hero. It's not that deep, fam.
Back to top Go down
http://tallladyserenity.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xMFgmhp4C7iHaQdoWs4Ig
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug   Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2016, 4:54 pm

Quote :
Dude it's a kids show. It's not plot heavy so kids can jump in at any time and not have to worry about missing story. I don't think you need to go so deep or detailed in a review on a kid's show.

Yeah, I know. But I don't see anything wrong with critically analyzing it, and no, it being a kid's show is no excuse for it not having much to offer.
Back to top Go down
Eidolune

Eidolune

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug   Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2016, 4:56 pm

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as cold, I just think your review was a bit critical. Plenty of other people think it has a lot to offer, and I think this thread is for people to share why they enjoy it or discuss it in a friendly way.
Back to top Go down
http://tallladyserenity.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9xMFgmhp4C7iHaQdoWs4Ig
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug   Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2016, 5:07 pm

Quote :
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as cold, I just think your review was a bit critical.

It's okay. It's fine. Just because I like something doesn't mean I'm not gonna point out its flaws and not call out its occasional moments of stupid. Eh, I guess ML just isn't for me. But who knows? Maybe the second season will be better. I do plan on writing an ML fan fic in the future.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug   Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2016, 5:11 pm

The thing is, Miraculous never had any intention of any sort of linear plot. It was intended to be episodic. The episodes were made so they could be released in any order (you'll notice they were released in different order depending on the country). I just think you're looking at it too much in the point of view that a show needs to have a linear plot, when that's not the case.

That said, I agree with Eidolune and I feel like its over critical of the series. However, it's okay to have your opinion but to write a huge piece to post in the thread thats for fans to talk about it and love on it feels like a bit much, at least to me. :/ I appreciate it being behind a spoiler so I didn't have to read it all since I really adore the show. Granted, I know how it feels to have the unpopular opinion since I was one of the few that was vocal about my dislike of SMC and god forbid you disliked SMC for a while. xD

Anyway yeah. I initially came here because I wanted to spaz over the announcement of...

THE MIRACULOUS LADYBUG LIVEACTION MOVIE FOR 2019!!

Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 Tumblr_ofvidu21941v92kmdo1_r1_500
Back to top Go down
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug   Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2016, 5:26 pm

Eh. That's fine.

What?! A live-action movie?! Tell me this isn't real, because I don't see anything good coming out of this if the Jem movie was any indication.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug   Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th October 2016, 5:31 pm

Omg don't get me started on the Jem movie. that was a trainwreck from announcement to end and this will be ABSOLUTELY different because the original creators are actually INVOLVED and not left in the dark!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug   Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2016, 2:43 pm

Juliko wrote:
Alrighty! It took me a while, but I finally finished writing my review of it! (Kept under spoilers because it's REALLY long...and it's not a nice review, either)

Very long review:
I highly disagree that you can only watch 3 episodes of the first season and go to the second season, being completely aware of everything. Every episode in my opinion has something new to offer. Mr. Pigeon showed us some of Marinette's designing skills. Evillustrator has the first meeting between Marinette and Chat Noir. Princess Fragrance had the first meeting between Marinette and Master Fu. Animan is where Nino and Alya start to date. The Pharoah shows a bit of the past Ladybugs and implies a further history. Lady Wifi showed the most of Alya, the main character's best friend. Steven Universe did the same thing, until it threw in plot at the end of season 1. 

As for none of the characters developing, it's only the first season. Mabel and Pacifica from Gravity Falls didn't get much chararacter development until the series' second season and it was well done. 

Spoiler:
As for Chloe, I think we're finding out her backstory in season 2. 

Anyway, the real reason I came to this thread.

Christmas special in less than 2 weeks.   Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 1955989781
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug   Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd December 2016, 5:36 pm

AWW YISSS. I'm so looking forward to the Christmas special!!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug   Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd December 2016, 7:26 am

Did anyone watch the Christmas special yet? I watched it in both French and the English dub. The English dub was put up on Netflix and apparently we'll be getting the rest of Ladybug on Netflix too this year, including Season 2 and 3 when they come out! Very Happy

Thoughts on the Xmas special: It was cute buuuuut the pacing felt really off for me? But maybe thats due to expecting it to be a 40 minute special but actually it was a normal episode length. Apparently they were saying it was 40 minute because it was to air with the Volpina episode. Also just read on the wiki, it was apparently shortened due to deadlines which would explain some of ht pacing in the episode.

Anyway, I felt something was off about the animation this one too. I dunno what it is...like maybe it was a bit too rushed? (explained by the deadlines thing) It just didn't flow as nice as all the other episodes. I liked getting a bit of Adrien character development though that felt a bit rushed as well. The songs were....okay I guess. But I wasn't really expecting anything great in the music department with this show. xD I felt the English dub really screwed up the fun pun on Papa Noel and Pire Noel instead going with Santa Claws when he was akumatized. Which, doesn't make sense when you hear claws and claus SPOKEN because they acronyms and you'd only catch the pun when you see it written, but I guess what can you do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All in all, it was still pretty fun though not the best episode by far. The nice thing is the announcement of Ladybug coming to Netflix. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Eidolune

Eidolune

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug   Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd December 2016, 7:05 pm

I think it would've been better if it wasn't a musical. At least in English. Didn't really like the songs. Otherwise, I enjoyed it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Ladybug   Miraculous Ladybug - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Miraculous Ladybug

View previous topic View next topic Back to top