The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Signature Check Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Signature Check Thread Empty
PostSubject: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime22nd September 2015, 5:51 pm

A little overwhelmed by the rules and what can and cannot go in your signature? Worried what you have breaks the rules? This is the thread to ask questions about your signature woes!  

However, before you ask questions, be sure to double check Avatar/Signature Rules to see if it answers your question.

If you are still confused, then ask away!  If you have a sig already put together, then just post in this thread and one of GC's staff will tell you if its good to go or not.

We hope that this is helpful to everyone. Smile
Back to top Go down
GreenPea501
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime22nd September 2015, 6:22 pm

read em but i'm still a bit lost. do any of mine need to be taken out of rotation?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime22nd September 2015, 6:25 pm

No, you're signature is good.  This is reallymeant for people that aren't sure if they have too many sprites or like to make sure its not stretching too much. That kinda thing. Since you just have the 450x150 signature image and text, you are good. ^^

Note: you can still have whatever content you want in the sig images as long as its pg-13. ^^
Back to top Go down
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Puella Magi|Alicorn Princess (also Demande's official fangirl <3)

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime22nd September 2015, 8:36 pm

i requested a signature with this:
Spoiler:

I'm worried that it violates the PG-13 rule though and have got a message from the shop owner with the same concerns.(We don't actually have PG-13 in Aus so i kinda get confused about it). I'm just checking just incase by some off chance it goes under PG-13 (which i doubt) and the rating actually means
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime22nd September 2015, 11:01 pm

This one I would say is OK,  the American rating for this show is TV14 which is one year older that 13. Essentially TV14 and pg13 have very limited violence,  swearing,  sexual references,  etc.  When comparing the guides,  the best way to ask if it is OK is to ask yourself,  would you take a 13 year old and let them watch this with you.
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime23rd September 2015, 9:28 pm

Can you have sprites under your signature now?
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime23rd September 2015, 9:36 pm

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
Can you have sprites under your signature now?

As you can see from Small Lady's signature, you can now have Sprites on the 2nd line of images.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
SnowBunny
Star Seed

SnowBunny

Star Seed

Title : Snow Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime23rd September 2015, 10:56 pm

I think mine should be a little more pop-art like ... is it too straining on the eyes currently?
Back to top Go down
http://moonpastry.deviantart.com
Pashmina
Star Seed

Pashmina

Star Seed

Title : Nazo no Shoujo

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime24th September 2015, 2:38 am

It's ok to have sprites not from the Osa-P Shop in your signature, right? Just wanted to make sure.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime24th September 2015, 7:20 am

SnowBunny wrote:
I think mine should be a little more pop-art like ... is it too straining on the eyes currently?

As long as your signature doesn't stretch the forums or break the PG-13 rule, you're good to do what you like to it Smile It looks fine to me! 

Pashmina wrote:
It's ok to have sprites not from the Osa-P Shop in your signature, right? Just wanted to make sure.

As long as the sprites are pg-13 and don't break any of the sizing rules (they shouldn't be bigger than the siggie if they are on the 1st line of images and no bigger than the sprites we have in the OSA-P if they're on the 2nd line!) than you should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime24th September 2015, 8:39 am

Addelyn wrote:
SnowBunny wrote:

As long as your signature doesn't stretch the forums or break the PG-13 rule, you're good to do what you like to it Smile It looks fine to me! 

Pashmina wrote:

As long as the sprites are pg-13 and don't break any of the sizing rules (they shouldn't be bigger than the siggie if they are on the 1st line of images and no bigger than the sprites we have in the OSA-P if they're on the 2nd line!) than you should be fine.

Addy is so quick on the draw with these answers lol. Just wanted to add to the sprites thing, also just make sure it also follows this rule from the Sig/Avi rules and you're good:

Quote :
About FAN ART.  While we do not 100% exclude the use of Fan Art for graphics, we expect users to do thorough research on who the piece of art belongs to and respect their work. Please make sure that if an artist has requested that their work not be used elsewhere that you respect this.  

P.S. Please don't use this thread as an "Is my signature/avatar cool?" thread. It's meant to be used to check if your signature follows the rules. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
princessv
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime2nd October 2015, 10:19 am

Hi there, just wanted to check if the signature is alright Signature Check Thread 868675979
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime2nd October 2015, 11:18 am

princessv wrote:
Hi there, just wanted to check if the signature is alright Signature Check Thread 868675979

Yup, you're good to go!
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime17th October 2015, 11:13 am

I am a little confused about the rules regarding having a second line of graphics in my signature.  Recently, I've started noticing more GC users doing this, so I'm now wondering if I can do so the way I want to.

What I'm interested in doing is displaying some or all of my GC stamps on such a second line.  Now I read that this second line of graphics can be no wider than your sig.  Which leads me to my first question.  Does this mean no wider than the 450x150 main graphic on the main line of my signature, or no wider than the width of all the graphics on your primary line of graphics?

Also, would I be allowed to keep my current one line of small text (10-point) in my signature if I do this, or would it have to go?
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime17th October 2015, 11:39 am

mercuryfan wrote:
I am a little confused about the rules regarding having a second line of graphics in my signature.  Recently, I've started noticing more GC users doing this, so I'm now wondering if I can do so the way I want to.

What I'm interested in doing is displaying some or all of my GC stamps on such a second line.  Now I read that this second line of graphics can be no wider than your sig.  Which leads me to my first question.  Does this mean no wider than the 450x150 main graphic on the main line of my signature, or no wider than the width of all the graphics on your primary line of graphics?

Also, would I be allowed to keep my current one line of small text (10-point) in my signature if I do this, or would it have to go?

Just reading this was a little confusing for me, so it would be better if you could post the signature you are trying to create so I can okay it or not!

The width rules are basically there so that the forum does not get stretched by images in a signature. Here's what the rules state on this:

Quote :

• The maximum width of your entire signature area may not exceed the width of the forum's threads. So if your signature starts stretching threads, then it is too wide.

• Any possible arrangement of sprites, guild icons or stamps on the secondary line (the one not containing the sig image) must not be any wider than a signature with two bumpers on either side.

So the total width of a line with stamps/sprites/icons can't exceed the width of a signature with two bumpers which is 450 + 100 + 100 = 650 pixels wide. Your second line cannot be wider than 650 pixels wide. Stamps are 50 pixels wide, so this would be a total of 13 stamps, maximum.

As for the text, the rules state

Quote :
Text: Up to 2 lines. The maximum size allowed for text is Size 18. Lines must be on top or under your signature image. If you have no images in your signature, you can have up to 4 lines of text.

So you could include text as long as it is above or directly underneath your signature image. Just to clear it up, you basically get a max of 4 lines total (2 text lines max, 2 image lines max).

From what I'm understanding, the best arrangement for you would be something like:

SIGNATURE
TEXT
STAMPS

-or-

TEXT
SIGNATURE
STAMPS

Again, it would be best for me if you posted the sig you are trying to create so I can okay it, but I hope that cleared things up!

***Bolded things for importance.
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime17th October 2015, 6:01 pm

Well, I think you answered all of my questions in that explanation, Henshinyo.  But just to make sure, I just finished editing my signature to what I was thinking of/what I ideally wanted it to be.  (I would've done so sooner, but I thought I had a technical glitch with my desktop computer - and figuring that out obviously took priority.)

Basically, the only change from before is that I added the line of stamps on the bottom of my (former) signature.

So please tell me whether the below is fine.  Thank you in advance.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime17th October 2015, 6:05 pm

Your signature is fine mercuryfan. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime11th July 2016, 10:57 am

i forgot the site that you can put a bunch of signatures on to randomize them each time you change pages..can someone help me? Again...lol
Back to top Go down
PrincesseNee
Lotus Crystal

PrincesseNee

Lotus Crystal

Title : Spread the love, people! ~Lover of Inner Senshi~
Location : Where Peace, Love, and Gumdrops are! AKA My Imagination. :3

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime11th July 2016, 11:03 am

sportsnutd wrote:
i forgot the site that you can put a bunch of signatures on to randomize them each time you change pages..can someone help me? Again...lol
Is this what you were looking for?
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime11th July 2016, 11:14 am

PrincesseNee wrote:
sportsnutd wrote:
yes but there was another one i started on but forgot the url
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime11th July 2016, 11:16 am

signavatar.com is the other one. Both of these links are in the Signature Rules post by the way ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime11th July 2016, 11:16 am

PrincesseNee wrote:
sportsnutd wrote:

That's probably one possibility.  I use the SigNAvatar website, which I know works for rotating signatures.
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime11th July 2016, 11:44 am

thats the one..thanks mercuryfan and princessNee
Back to top Go down
SaturnTomoe
Pyramidal Crystal

SaturnTomoe

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Firefly

PostSubject: signature check   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime15th September 2016, 2:43 pm

Signature Check Thread 11206014

this is a 186x186, is that allowed
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoXjkyUY8ALgc-juz0dw0jw
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin

Sailor Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime15th September 2016, 3:11 pm

SaturnTomoe wrote:
Signature Check Thread 11206014

this is a 186x186, is that allowed

Take a look over the signature rules. This could be considered a "sig" which cannot be taller than 150 px. Most of your questions should be answered in that linked thread.
Back to top Go down
SaturnTomoe
Pyramidal Crystal

SaturnTomoe

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime15th September 2016, 3:39 pm

it does not answer my question
Back to top Go down
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

Title : I live between the lands of Fantasy and Delusion. Seren's wifey <333

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime15th September 2016, 4:00 pm

In the signature rules, it says your signature can be no bigger than 450 wide by 150 height, Jupiter also mentioned this. So, 186 in height is too big to be a signature. If you're talking about for an avatar, those can only be 110 wide by 170 in height. The answer to your question is no, it's not allowed unless you resize it a bit.
Back to top Go down
http://kayariah.tumblr.com/ http://kayariahanime.tumblr.com/
SaturnTomoe
Pyramidal Crystal

SaturnTomoe

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime15th September 2016, 4:12 pm

i mostly have 259x194
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime15th September 2016, 4:23 pm

You can always request a signature with the image you would like here or go through some of the shops and i'm pretty sure you'll find someone with a style that you like =)
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
SaturnTomoe
Pyramidal Crystal

SaturnTomoe

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime15th September 2016, 4:25 pm

ok thanks venus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Signature Check Thread   Signature Check Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Signature Check Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top