The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Relaxed Otaku Civilian - Grace Katherine Hart

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : GC's Official Loof Merrow

Relaxed Otaku Civilian - Grace Katherine Hart Empty
PostSubject: Relaxed Otaku Civilian - Grace Katherine Hart   Relaxed Otaku Civilian - Grace Katherine Hart I_icon_minitime17th September 2015, 9:17 pm

Relaxed Character Profile

Character Name: Grace Katherine Hart

Character Image: Grace is tall and willowy with red wavy hair that runs past her shoulder. She typically puts it up especially when flying on her glider in which case it goes into a tight bun tucked into her hat. She is a bit of a tomboy, but when coerced into a dress with her hair down she is quite pretty. Her eyes are green. Typically she wears a jumpsuit and leather flight jacket, a gift from her father. Alternately whwen her mother has her way, she wears dark colored dresses often in deep blue, green, or plum colors with brown or black corsets and knee length boots. She is currently 15 and a half years of age.

These pictures will give you an idea of her looks, and the types of clothing and hairstyles she wears. You will have to imagine a younger face though as she is only 15.

Active-wear:
The dresses!:

Personality Traits: Grace can be a bit stubborn and outspoken. She is not afraid to say what she thinks which makes her stand out amongst gentler more feminine ladies. She has a yen for adventure and can be recklessly brave at times. She looks up to her admiral father almost to a point of reverence and wishes to emulate him. She is bored with the mundane civilized life of a lady, constantly making social visits to boring people and making small talk about nothing. Deep down, she is unsure of how she will adjust to adulthood and where she will fit in.

Storyline Specific Information:
Peril and Petticoats:

Additional Information: Born to Fleet Admiral Jonathan Hart and Socialite countess Alicia Pendleton Scott, she was born into a moderately well off family, though not quite to the level of the rich nobility in London, though her mother aspires to have Grace join their ranks through a well-planned marriage. From a young age young Grace looked up to her dashing father, thrilling in watching the airships. When she was 15, her father gifted her with a leather flight jacket, goggles, and her very own single engine glider. She uses this to ride the wind currents and soar over the sooty streets. He encourages her tomboyish ways and desire to be an admiral herself one day. Her mother does not. Her parents argue over this often. As Grace grows older, her mother is even more insistent that Grace MUST learn to be a young lady, forcing her to attend tea socials and don countless frilly dresses and play hostess to unwanted company. She is caught between these two worlds, trying to find herself.

During several surprising adventures that she has been drawn into, she has met a small group of friends that have nicknamed themselves “The Clockwork Companions”. They often go in search of mysteries to solve and adventures to have. One of her closest friends is young American oddball inventor-in-training Jasper. He is unique enough to inspire her friendship and crazy enough to get roped into her daring and sometimes dangerous ideas. Her mother is not keen on the amount of time she spends alone and unchaperoned with a boy that she feels is below her standards for her daughter, but she prefers to choose her battles and knows that this is one she will not win yet, at least not with brute force. Little does her mother know that Jasper’s uncle and guardian has more money than her mother could shake a stick at.

RP Sample: Sunlight shone in upon her face, the light in her eyes waking the young teen from slumber. Blinking a few times she began to wake up and immediately realized that today was a very special day indeed. Today her father would be returning from a month long mission in their newest airship, the StormChaser. It was an event Grace had been looking forward to for some days now. She had planned to meet her friends and go to the airdock to greet he ship coming in.

Quickly she got to her feet and made her toiletries as quickly as possible. Suddenly brimming with excitement she practically bounced over to the wardrobe. She wanted to wear the new flight jacket and goggles her father had given her on her birthday, but when she opened her closet, the jacket was gone. She loked frantically, swishing her clothes around with near-violence. It was nowhere to be seen.

“Mother!” she called as the girl raced downstairs in her shift. “Mother, have you seen my flight suit and jacket?”

“It was dirty dear. I left it with the maid to have it cleaned.”

Grace was stricken. It certainly was not dirty enough to warrant a deep cleaning. What was her mother planning this time? I really do not have time for this!

“Grace dear, you can wear the new silk dress I had made for you last month. It’s your favorite color and you looked so darling in it at the ball last week.”

“But mother, I am going to meet father! I can’t fly my glider in that!”

“Oh, you’re going to that dirty place? I really wish you wouldn’t. It is full of all sorts of disreputable persons. And you need not fly there. Take our coach. It’s time you started getting around like a proper young lady.”

“Mother, really! I’ll never make it there on time by coach. I am already running late!”

“I’m sorry dear. But there is nothing that can be done for it.”

Sighing loudly enough for her mother to hear, she tore up the stairs and attempted to don the leather boots, gown, corset and all in record time. It was a feat and a struggle to tighten the corset herself, especially because she was not used to wearing them.  Grabbing her goggles she opened the ceiling hatchway her father had built, and climbed the ladder to the roof over her room. Climbing in a dress was decidedly awkward.

“This is truly an inconvenient piece of clothing! Wherever did we get the idea to wear these frilly things anyway?” But she would be damned if she would miss the airship’s arrival. I’m going to have to figure out how to fly in this monstrosity. Mounting the small glider proved impossible without dragging the dress on top of the exhaust port which would probably set it on fire once started. Sighing in exasperation once more she pulled out the ribbons and ties that held her hair back and up and used them to tie up sections of her dress, managing to raise it to knee length. With that she was able to jump on and safely start the small aether engine.

It was not the most powerful engine due to its size, but it was enough to get her into the air and to keep her there whenever the wind currents disappeared. But mostly she let the wind do the work when she could so as to conserve power.  This time, she pushed the tiny engine to its limits. She was running so late that she risked missing the arrival. As she arrived over the air-port, she thought she could just see the ship in the distance. Relieved, she throttled down and dismounted, running to find her friends.

“You’re late! You almost missed it!” came young Jack’s voice. The young paperboy was squinting up at her from beneath the brow of his cap. And then she heard snickering behind her. Jasper was covering his mouth but clearly amused by something. She raised an eyebrow. “What?” But it only elicited more laughter.
She took stock of herself them, glancing at herself in the reflection on the metal pillar behind her. There she was practically wearing a ball gown, with soot staining the hem, which was all tied up in a mess with ribbons. Her hair, having been loose and windblown on the journey looked utterly wild, and her face had a few soot streaks from her fast paced flight, except for her eyes which, covered by goggles, shone bright and clean. She did look a sight!

“Mother.” It was all she had to say and her friends understood. The laughter was contagious, and soon she too was joining in the fun.

Last edited by PoetofMercury on 21st September 2015, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed Otaku Civilian - Grace Katherine Hart   Relaxed Otaku Civilian - Grace Katherine Hart I_icon_minitime21st September 2015, 5:19 am

Sorry this took so long! I really love this OC!

Storyline Specific Information: How does Grace feel about losing her father?
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : GC's Official Loof Merrow

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed Otaku Civilian - Grace Katherine Hart   Relaxed Otaku Civilian - Grace Katherine Hart I_icon_minitime21st September 2015, 12:53 pm

Thanks! I added the piece in bold under the SSI. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed Otaku Civilian - Grace Katherine Hart   Relaxed Otaku Civilian - Grace Katherine Hart I_icon_minitime21st September 2015, 3:49 pm

Thank you!

Approved!
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed Otaku Civilian - Grace Katherine Hart   Relaxed Otaku Civilian - Grace Katherine Hart I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Relaxed Otaku Civilian - Grace Katherine Hart

View previous topic View next topic Back to top