The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

German Culture

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

German Culture - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: German Culture   German Culture - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th September 2015, 1:29 pm

I've tried Lindt and I like it. I find Milka too... wait for it... milky xD

And lol I find it hilarious that we only have Kinder Joy here, because we only have summer xD
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid

PostSubject: Re: German Culture   German Culture - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th September 2015, 1:32 pm

Hahahaha xD But, you know, there's also a MILKA & OREO CHOCOLATE - BOTH THINGS COMBINED xD

Coincidence? I don't think so...
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: German Culture   German Culture - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th September 2015, 1:46 pm

That's actually what made me try it - the Oreo one cause I'm an oreo addict xD
Back to top Go down
Sailor Makoto
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Makoto

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : (GC's Official) Makoto/Jupiter

PostSubject: Re: German Culture   German Culture - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th September 2015, 1:59 pm

What a great presentation of culture of today's Germany, Princess Moon. German Culture - Page 2 2422052349 I never been, but like to visit Germany next time I visit my father's family in northern France (they live closer to Belgium). Germany has a long history of being hundreds of smaller independent nation-states or kingdoms, for example, Bavaria, but they were unified in 1871 as the Prussian Empire which lasted until it's defeat in WW1 (1918). Each "Lander" or state (about 16 of them I recall) has an unique subculture and histories, as well the southern regions (known for strong Roman Catholic-influenced culture and High German dialects differing from Low German in the north) and the former East Germany (once the German Democratic Republic, 1949 to 1990) has some marked variations and regional identities. I like to see what's left of the Berlin Wall someday and explore Berlin of the now. I was 9 years old in late 1989 when I saw thousands of Berliners on both sides took down that dreaded wall on live TV.

Here's a popular (West) German language track heard in the English-speaking world in the 1980s.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: German Culture   German Culture - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th September 2015, 5:23 pm

@Princess Moon - Fizz in apple juice sounds good. ^^

Namika's song has this summery feeling to it, which is why I thought it could be a summer hit. xD

Oh those two definitely sound more like the traditional German Schlager music (from what I have heard, that is).

I agree with you about Europe!
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: German Culture   German Culture - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th September 2015, 6:30 am

So I just finished reading this properly, and 1) You're hilarious xD 2) If the first stanza of your national anthem is forbidden, why not change it? Also, do you guys just skip it when you sing it? o.o
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: German Culture   German Culture - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th September 2015, 12:59 pm

Solipsi Rai wrote:
What a great presentation of culture of today's Germany, Princess Moon. German Culture - Page 2 2422052349 I never been, but like to visit Germany next time I visit my father's family in northern France (they live closer to Belgium). Germany has a long history of being hundreds of smaller independent nation-states or kingdoms, for example, Bavaria, but they were unified in 1871 as the Prussian Empire which lasted until it's defeat in WW1 (1918). Each "Lander" or state (about 16 of them I recall) has an unique subculture and histories, as well the southern regions (known for strong Roman Catholic-influenced culture and High German dialects differing from Low German in the north) and the former East Germany (once the German Democratic Republic, 1949 to 1990) has some marked variations and regional identities. I like to see what's left of the Berlin Wall someday and explore Berlin of the now. I was 9 years old in late 1989 when I saw thousands of Berliners on both sides took down that dreaded wall on live TV.

Here's a popular (West) German language track heard in the English-speaking world in the 1980s.

I agree with you that each state has its own culture and history! Bavaria, for example, is sometimes called a "foreign country" by people who live in other Federal states just because of that xD
However, both, High German and Low German, are spoken in the north. High German can be found in my state, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, as well as in Schleswig-Holstein and some parts of Brandenburg while Low German is mostly spoken in Lower Saxony.

Of course, in every state you'll find people who speak High German - but most of them live in Mecklenburg and Schleswig-Holstein xD

The southern regions, like Bavaria or Badem-Wuerttemberg, actually have super hard dialect (we also call it Upper German or Southern German) xD Bavaria uses the Bavarian dialect (obviously xD) and Badem-Wuerttemberg speaks Swabian German. I swear to God, it's super hard to understand xD

I hope you'll get the chance to see the Berlin Wall someday - though you won't find that many remnants of it, there still are a few and they are really interesting to look at =)

AND OH MY GOODNESS, NENA! xD Everyone knows her and everyone knows that freaking song xD
She's still active in the music industry, however, she isn't as popular as she was back then.

Sailor Neptune wrote:
@Princess Moon - Fizz in apple juice sounds good. ^^

Namika's song has this summery feeling to it, which is why I thought it could be a summer hit. xD

Oh those two definitely sound more like the traditional German Schlager music (from what I have heard, that is).

I agree with you about Europe!

Yesssss, fizz in apple juice is amazing xD I love it when it's sparkling xD

Now that you say it - it sounds really pretty summer-ish xD

Yeah, this is the classic German Schlager music (that is mostly loved by older people) xD But most people grew to like Helene because she fuses Schlager and Pop in some way and makes it more appealing to a younger audience this way =)

Yush, Europe has a great variety!

Sailor Mercury wrote:
So I just finished reading this properly, and 1) You're hilarious xD 2) If the first stanza of your national anthem is forbidden, why not change it? Also, do you guys just skip it when you sing it? o.o

Okay, maybe some short history about our national anthem xD

That dude, who first wrote the lyrics for our national anthem, came up with three stanzas. However, the first one can be reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaally misinterpreted because it says "Germany above everything". It wasn't his intention to say that Germany's better than everything (as far as we know at least xD) - but it seems like it. And not only to you, but also to me and other Germans xD

So yeah, that's why it's forbidden.
Our current national anthem consists of only one stanza. And this is the third of the initial three stanzas. First and second stanza aren't used - we basically only have one stanza xD

And to your question why we don't change it - well, it is changed xD Changed so that we only have that one stanza. But people don't forget xD We still know what's sung in the first stanza, so people could sing it over and over again.
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: Re: German Culture   German Culture - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th September 2015, 4:29 am

I have read all the replies here also; it's just that I haven't had time to post here again until now.  So Helene Fischer is more of a mix of Pop and Schlager than true Schlager?  Okay.  I can deal with that re-labelling of my favorite German singer.  Laughing

In fact, I watched those two videos that you said are more like the true Schlager with an open mind.  And you know what?  I can still say I like German Schlager music  Very Happy !  Specifically, I found Cora's Amsterdam song to be good - although the video for it is really weird!  (Did I see that right?  Cora was a hitchhiker to the title city, then got picked up by a car driven by ... Cora herself?!?  Also, at the end of the video, Cora met herself on a train platform - and hugged herself?!?)  And I found that I could really get into that Andrea Berg song - like her audience obviously did!  That one is, IMHO, a very good song!
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: German Culture   German Culture - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th September 2015, 6:16 am

Well, so if you google "Helene Fischer", you'll always read that she's a German Schlager singer. However, if you compare Helene's song with the songs I provided later, I think you'll notice that there's a slight difference between those songs Very Happy So yeah, despite being a Schlager singer, she often uses Pop components Smile

I'm glad you liked the other songs as well! Very Happy I agree about Cora's video being weird (also, it's not that she hugged and met herself - these are two different persons xD They just have the same hairdo xD) but we Germans always say: The 80s are the 80s. Just don't question it xD Same goes for the 90s btw! xD There are quite a lot of 80s/90s things where you'd say 'Wut' if you'd see it today - so nowadays we just enjoy it and don't even start to question it xD

And yes, it's true, Andrea Berg is super popular among the German Schlager fans and is, along with Helene Fischer, the most popular Schlager singer. But other than Helene, she sticks to the actual Schlager Very Happy

Also, Lena released her new single on Friday and I thought I could share it here Razz
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(it's the official song for the newest German comedy, so don't be surprised about the film sequences in the video)

The video on YouTube wouldn't be available for you, so I can only link this site here xD
It isn't really deep either but deeper than the song about traffic lights Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: German Culture   German Culture - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

German Culture

View previous topic View next topic Back to top