The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

♦ Roumanian: Food

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Serenyve
Lotus Crystal

Serenyve

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sorceress/ GC's Official PallaPalla

♦ Roumanian: Food Empty
PostSubject: ♦ Roumanian: Food   ♦ Roumanian: Food I_icon_minitime26th August 2015, 5:37 am

♦ Roumanian: Food RFood_zpsz08s5mur
♦ Roumanian: Food 467980r81re9x9km
"The central characteristic of the Romanian cuisine is its  great variety. It is a cuisine influenced by repeated waves of different cultures: the ancient Greeks, with whom Romanians traded; the Romans, who gave the country its name; the Saxons, who settled in southern Transylvania; the Turks, who for centuries dominated Romania; as well as Slavic and Magyar neighbors. All of these influences gradually blended into the varied and delicious Romanian culinary tradition" (Nicolae ♦ Roumanian: Food Romania Klepper — Taste of Romania)

Someone must be really hungry for clicking here :3 Ha ha! Joking! But if you are not hungry well this topic will make you feel this way! Ha ha Very Happy As many other countries Romania has its own traditional dishes and food. We eat a lot of meat (pork, beef, lamb and fish being the main ones) as well as many vegetables, dairy products and fruits! We actually got quite a varried cuisine so be sure to check it out below! Smile 
Sarmale cu Mamaliguta, winter or summer dish as prepared with cabbage or vine leaves.

♦ Roumanian: Food Sarmale_post_maverick

There is no Romanian traditional meal without Sarmale. Usually prepared during winter time and Christmas holidays, Sarmale is a dish made of rolled minced meat (pork usually) mixed with rice and herbs and covered in cabbage leaves. It is usually accompanied by Mamaliga (or Mamaliguta) - polenta made of boiled corn flour, as well as by hot peppers and sour cream. There are also other specialties of sarmale, in some Romanian regions, mostly prepared during warm seasons, replacing the cabbage with vine leaves. Personally I love these especially how my mother does them absolutely yuummy! Very Happy  They are the orange things in the picture and the yellow thing is what we call "mamaliga". If you are not familiar with the taste it's exactly like corn.
 Grilled Meat Rolls (Mici, Mititei) – Romanian Traditional Fast-food Concept

♦ Roumanian: Food 1600

Spicy minced meat, rolled, grilled on the barbecue – the smoke is a must for the final taste! You have to eat them with mustard and fresh bread roll.
♦ Roumanian: Food Romania
This is a specialty Romanians like to eat in the street. Actually, this is the first fast-food concept in Romania. Small day bars with garden and barbecue, where you can hear the sizzling of the meat on the barbecue. Passing by, you’ll smell the specific flavor flooding the streets. Do not hesitate, grab a beer too. Wink 
Tripe Soup (Ciorba de burta), good for hangovers

♦ Roumanian: Food 213_Miraj%20-%20Our%20Menu%20-%20(76)

Yellowish, spicy (pepper and chili), sour (vinegar dressing), you’ll love or hate the Tripe soup. Certainly you won’t forget it. Highly recommended early in the morning (or late at night), after a white night in town and lots of booze. 

Corn meal with salty cheese and sour cream – “Mămăligă cu brânză și smântână”

♦ Roumanian: Food Branza-cu-mamaliga-si-smantana-2z2u2nzy6dzplrchib4dfu

Omg so I love this so much! It's so delicious yet so simple to do! I already explained above what "mamaliga" is. Basically in this food layers of cheese added to the cooked cornmeal and a sour cream topping make this specialty a delicious entrée or side dish.
Boiled Corn on cobs - "Porumb copt"

♦ Roumanian: Food IMG_1425♦ Roumanian: Food Romania

Corn on cobs is a delicacy fondly remembered from our childhood summers spent with our grandparents in the country. With a bit of butter added, the taste of corn  will become especially addictive. Too bad we only get the chance to eat them once per year and that is the beginning of august when there is plenty of fresh corn to choose form. :3 
Beef salad - "Salată Boeuf"

♦ Roumanian: Food Salata_boeuf_06

Looks like some kind of cake, right? Ha ha but it's not Razz  Despite its French name, this food is traditional in Romania, and it originates from the Salade a la Russe or Russian salad. The Romanian beef salad consists of boiled and cubed carrots, parsley roots, eggs, potatoes and beef, enriched with pickles and peas, and mixed with mayonnaise. This dish is also made during various holidays such as Easter, Christmas etc.
Peasant's platter - "Aperitiv"

♦ Roumanian: Food 7400923_orig

In my top 5 favourite food, Peasant’s platter is always a great success at festive meals. The advantage of this platter is that it is a combination of foods of both animal and vegetable origin such as feta cheese, the tangy cheese called “burduf”, pork rinds, bacon, head cheese, greaves, fresh tomatoes and plenty of onions. I know it may look complicated but it's really not. You just cut some meat and fresh vegetables, put them together, add salt, eat them together and Voila! A super delicious dish to eat. Very Happy 

Sweetbread – “Cozonac de casă”

♦ Roumanian: Food Cozonac

Okay so if you have read my Roumanian Holiday topic you will notice at some point I told you there's a special roumanian dish made for Christmas. Well... this is it! Very Happy It's basically a simple cake filled with cocoa (but not too much so you'd get sick xD) and it's very delicious especially eaten immediately after it has been taken out of the oven! Definetely recommend it ^^

Lamb haggis - "Drob de miel"

♦ Roumanian: Food Drob

This is another holiday dish ^^ ♦ Roumanian: Food Romania Personally I don't like that much (I am not a fan of lamb) but most people really love it! Lamb haggis is a Romanian food traditionally served at Easter referring to the sacrifice of Jesus, the Lamb of God.
Fried dough with sweet cheese - "Plăcintă cu brânză dulce"

♦ Roumanian: Food Img_886501_thumbs_600x400_30361

Another roumanian sweet frequently made. This delicious dessert is usually filled with sweet cheese and it is sprinkled with powdered sugar. We also do many other kinds "plăcinte". Like sometimes if we don't have cheese we fill them with sweet apples. This is one of my favourite dishes also. Smile 
♦ Roumanian: Food 467980r81re9x9km  ♦ Roumanian: Food Romania

These are the main roumanian dishes I could think of. Hopefully that made you hungry enough to want to eat any of them ♦ Roumanian: Food 3884866259 Got any questions? Ask away. Also let me know which ones of the above you would like to taste! I am really curious to see your reaction. Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Roumanian: Food   ♦ Roumanian: Food I_icon_minitime1st September 2015, 9:21 pm

I will take two Plăcintă cu brânză dulce please... Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Luna.

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Roumanian: Food   ♦ Roumanian: Food I_icon_minitime2nd September 2015, 10:09 am

Some of these look super yummy!!

Is sweet bread really yummy?
Back to top Go down
http://meganalburger.weebly.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Roumanian: Food   ♦ Roumanian: Food I_icon_minitime2nd September 2015, 1:16 pm

Tripe soup looks really good!
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Roumanian: Food   ♦ Roumanian: Food I_icon_minitime2nd September 2015, 1:54 pm

oh and the corn meal thing looks great too..
Back to top Go down
Serenyve
Lotus Crystal

Serenyve

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Roumanian: Food   ♦ Roumanian: Food I_icon_minitime3rd September 2015, 1:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: The apple one is my favourite as I said! Smile But on an average 70% of the people prefer the cheese one! Both of them are delicious though! This is just my preference.
@Princess Luna: Yep. It is but it also matters WHO makes it! I mean it's a traditional food and not everybody gets close to its original form. The best cakes are probably made of our grandparents since they got many years of experience. LOL. But if you love cooking I am sure you can manage to do a delicious one after some practice. The idea of it is to be soft and with lots of cocoa in it. ^^
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Yup! We usually eat those at weedings to "clear" our stomach of the other drinks during the night XD
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: It's an easy food. By that I mean is for times when you simply don't want to get your stomach 'crowded' but wish at the same time for something to sattisfy your hunger. In my point of view it's a very good dish for evenings... well I usually eat it by this time. Lol
Back to top Go down
Lady Orion
Lotus Crystal

Lady Orion

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Ami (PGSM)

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Roumanian: Food   ♦ Roumanian: Food I_icon_minitime3rd September 2015, 2:05 pm

I cook corn in late summer and fall.  It is so good with a little butter and salt.
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Roumanian: Food   ♦ Roumanian: Food I_icon_minitime4th September 2015, 2:06 pm

Personally, I tend to not like spicy foods, from my experiences with spicy Indian and Chinese dishes.  But the boiled corn on the cob sounds good, along with the sweetbread and the fried dough with sweet cheese.
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Roumanian: Food   ♦ Roumanian: Food I_icon_minitime9th September 2015, 5:32 am

You guys really like corn xD That sweetbread looks soooo yummy! Do you by any chance have a recipe for it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Serenyve
Lotus Crystal

Serenyve

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Roumanian: Food   ♦ Roumanian: Food I_icon_minitime11th September 2015, 1:47 am

Lady Orion wrote:
I cook corn in late summer and fall.  It is so good with a little butter and salt.
We also eat with a bit of butter sometimes. It is a taste preference though. Personally I prefer it only with salt but there are a lot of people out here who are fans of the butter  ♦ Roumanian: Food 3884866259

@ Sailor Pluto: I have some actually but they are in roumanian ._. I searched for an english recipe though and I found these 3. The quantity of cocoa you add in it is up to you mostly. So if you feel like adding more go ahead. My family prefers it with more cocoa than usual (since in our opinion it tastes way better. If it doesn't have enough it feels like you are eating only some dough XD)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Roumanian: Food   ♦ Roumanian: Food I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

♦ Roumanian: Food

View previous topic View next topic Back to top