The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

♦ Bun venit in România! ♦

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Serenyve
Lotus Crystal

Serenyve

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sorceress/ GC's Official PallaPalla

♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ Empty
PostSubject: ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦   ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ I_icon_minitime26th August 2015, 5:35 am

♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ RWelcome_zpshh40ingd

♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ 467980r81re9x9km
♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ 3dflags_rou0001-0003a
Hi, hello, salut and bună! Very Happy Welcome in Romania... or the land of the well-known Count Dracula. Mwahaha! Twisted Evil  Joking! But this is one of our top well-known nicknames around the world. Smile

♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ 467980r81re9x9km♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ Romania

Anyway before telling you more about it I'd like to relate one school memory I have from when I was like 8-9 years old. It was during one of those geography hours when our teacher (we call it învăţător in roumanian) asked us to tell her with which or what our country's shape looks like. Of course, I raised my hand and bravely answered: "a fish. Romania is a fish". All the class started laughing at me including my teacher then after all it was over she corrected me: "Our country looks like a bouquet of flowers. If you will rotate it with the top up it will look like a bouquet of flowers". Good answer... but it did not sattisfied me and while all my class always saw in it a bouquet a flowers I always saw a fish. That's right! A big, fat fish with the mouth opened.

Now after years, because of the technology and internet, I have realised the most important thing. IT WAS A FISH ALL DAY LONG! I MEAN COME ON GUYS JUST LOOK AT IT. I WAS SO RIGHT!!!

♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ Romania♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ 9jqb1u

Lol. Okay, -cough-. Now that I calmed down and proved I was right it's time to do a little description about the place you're going to learn more about Smile
♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ Europe-map-showing-romania

As you can see it's an european country. It has all the basic landforms (hills, mountains, sea, beach, valleys etc.) so you can always change between them if you get bored of one. Smile  Our closest sea is called the Black Sea (a very creepy name for my childhood as I used to think that if you go in it there will come an enormous black octopus to take you. Lol). ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ Romania It is crossed by the long Carpathian Mountains (Munţii Carpaţi) and our most popular river delta is the Danube (Delta Dunării). 
♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ University-Square-Bucharest-Faculty-of-Letters-and-the-Bucharest-Faculty-of-Architecture

Our capital city is called Bucharest. Economically, Bucharest is the most prosperous city in Romania and is one of the main industrial centres and transportation hubs of Eastern Europe. The city has big convention facilities, educational institutes, cultural venues, traditional "shopping arcades" and recreational areas.

What I can say about us, the romanians (românii), is that we are very friendly, welcoming and playful and we always welcome foreigners with happiness and pleasure. We like joking and having fun sometimes so much that we start to exagerrate. Of course we have our bad points as well as for example we like to argue a lot especially between us and our economical system is not very stable due to the corruption of our political system but other than that it has many nice places to visit, traditions and things interesting to learn ^-^  That being said enjoy the other topics!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦   ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ I_icon_minitime1st September 2015, 12:36 pm

I agree with you Zoey, it really does look like a fish! Pssssh at the flowers! XD
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Prince Diamond

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦   ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ I_icon_minitime1st September 2015, 6:29 pm

Agreeing with the fish look as well xD I actually tried to see the flowers, but still can't.
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : GC's Official Loof Merrow

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦   ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ I_icon_minitime1st September 2015, 7:55 pm

It so is a fish. Very Happy Long Island NY, where I grew up, also resembles a fish...so I should know. Very Happy

I have a few online friends from Bucharest and I've wandered around there with Google Street View. It's a beautiful city! Looking forward to learning more. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦   ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ I_icon_minitime1st September 2015, 8:35 pm

Somethings Fishy here and its not the shape of the country (It is but..) The class and teacher are mean.. that is 100% a fish.
Back to top Go down
Serenyve
Lotus Crystal

Serenyve

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦   ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ I_icon_minitime2nd September 2015, 6:14 am

@ Small Lady and EK: I've been trying to see the flowers too for years and still can't XD Fish rule!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Oh that's cool! Very Happy Are they really romanians or they just stay there? ^^ I am glad you like our capital XD I live pretty far from it but I've got the chance to actually live there for like a month. Really enjoyed it
@sportsnutds: Ha ha Razz It's fine but if I could I would go back in time and prove them I am right Twisted Evil  Joking (not)
Back to top Go down
dreamsinpink
Lotus Crystal

dreamsinpink

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦   ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ I_icon_minitime2nd September 2015, 8:25 am

I can't not see the fish now, haha. I've rotated it a bunch of times, but I don't really see the bouquet. Fish are cooler anyways.
Back to top Go down
https://dreamsinpinkwrites.wordpress.com/ http://she-dreams-in-pink.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/user/adriennethecanadian
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Luna.

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦   ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ I_icon_minitime2nd September 2015, 10:00 am

It totally looks like a fish! I don't see flowers at all.
Back to top Go down
http://meganalburger.weebly.com
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦   ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ I_icon_minitime3rd September 2015, 8:08 am

I agree with the others here.  I stared at your outline of the country for a few minutes to try to see its shape.  I can see the fish, but I can't see the bouquet of flowers.  Which way did your teacher think it should be rotated anyway?

P.S. Though I remember when I was young and I first noticed the Black Sea on a map.  I didn't think of an octopus, but I do remember wondering if it really was black (the water's color, that is)  Laughing .

Last edited by mercuryfan on 3rd September 2015, 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add P.S.)
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Serenyve
Lotus Crystal

Serenyve

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦   ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ I_icon_minitime3rd September 2015, 1:28 pm

When we were in the class and I answered she actually rotated it this way:
♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ A4xtsz
And like... the "tail of the fish" XD should be the place from where you hold the flowers and the rest should be like the shape of flowers. Not sure. As I said I didn't understand well and I always saw a fish in it but I know this is what she mentioned about it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Ha ha! I was wondering the same but not about the Black Sea but the Red one (close to Egypt). Can't say it's black though unless you get near it when there are algaes around XD If you look from far it does look green-blackish. =))
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦   ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ I_icon_minitime6th September 2015, 11:39 am

When its rotated that way it just reminds me of a fried chicken leg. xD
Back to top Go down
Serenyve
Lotus Crystal

Serenyve

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦   ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ I_icon_minitime6th September 2015, 11:43 am

Small Lady wrote:
When its rotated that way it just reminds me of a fried chicken leg. xD
LOL  ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ 3884866259  I should have answered that in class. Ha ha Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦   ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ I_icon_minitime8th September 2015, 4:48 pm

I'm so excited to read more about this country! A few years ago, I went to a basketball camp at a university, and the coach was a 7 feet, 3 inches tall man from Romania. His accent was really interesting Razz Are all men in Romania that tall? xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Serenyve
Lotus Crystal

Serenyve

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦   ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ I_icon_minitime11th September 2015, 2:00 am

Sailor Pluto wrote:
I'm so excited to read more about this country! A few years ago, I went to a basketball camp at a university, and the coach was a 7 feet, 3 inches tall man from Romania. His accent was really interesting Razz Are all men in Romania that tall? xD

Ha ha! Very Happy No we are not. There are lots of tall people out here but there are also little ones xD For example I've got 1,58m which means 5 feet and 2.2 inches I think. I can't say an average of height though... Maybe for males 1.74, 5' 8.5" and for females 1.61, 5' 3.5".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦   ♦ Bun venit in România! ♦ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

♦ Bun venit in România! ♦

View previous topic View next topic Back to top