The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

[Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? Empty
PostSubject: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 3:36 pm

So I just finished watching the Stars Arc (yah I know, about time right?) and at the end, Sailor Moon's senshi, Mamoru and Princess Kakyuu were pretty much all reborn right away as if they never died. We've seen Usagi do this before in Season 1 when her friends died. 

The Star Seeds also went back to the Galaxy Cauldron where we know that they do eventually get reborn. 

Do all of them just go back to the Cauldron and relax until they are needed again? There have to be planets somewhere were there are survivors, or perhaps some of them want to be reincarnated right away. 

I'm curious as to what you guys think. Are all the star seeds in the Galaxy other than the Starlights, Princess Kakyuu and the Solar Senshi just waiting to be reborn? Chaos is still out there and Galaxy needs defenders. 

What do you think would cause a star seed to be reborn right away vs. being reborn at a later time?
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Prince Diamond

[Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 3:43 pm

I don't know, what I understood (from the anime only, the manga is... weird let's say for the stars arc) is that Galaxia guided the Star Seed back to where they were before she started killing everyone. So maybe it just means they will all be reborn right after they will be taken back to their homeworld. Since she says she has a lot of travel and things to do, it would be strange for her to take the Galaxy Cauldron as her sole destination? (And as you say, Chaos is still out, so it would be better for everyone if all the star seeds Galaxia took were right away thrown back into their world).

But maybe, if they all go back to the Galaxy Cauldron, those who would be reborn right away would be the ones needed, the ones whose planets were not entirely destroyed and have probably like you said survivors in it.

While for those being reborn at a later time, maybe it would be the star seeds whose planets were completely destroyed and until there is a new suitable place for them, they would stay in the Cauldron in waiting? (And hopefully reborn without their memories).

I have no idea, but stars is the arc I'd wish more information about.
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 4:01 pm

That's one thing I never found to be very clear. In the staRs arc, they don't really go into the galaxy cauldron in detail. In the manga they did, but I never really understood what was happening in the manga.

In the anime, it appears that they were reborn instantly as their starseeds surrounded Sailor Moon. Maybe galaxia released their starseeds... I don't know. It's very vauge.
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 4:14 pm

Starchild wrote:
In the anime, it appears that they were reborn instantly as their starseeds surrounded Sailor Moon. Maybe galaxia released their starseeds... I don't know. It's very vauge.

We've seen Usagi wish her friends back to life before with the strength of her hope, will and her Silver Crystal so I think that had a lot to do with it, as well with the Fireball Princess. She probably wished her back for the Starlights too, not wanting to see them hurt.
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 5:29 pm

I only say that, because Galaxia said she would guide the Starseeds back to where they belong before she disappeared with the starseeds.
So that's why I assumed Galaxia had something to do with it. [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? 868675979
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 5:33 pm

I think they were waiting in the cauldron, and then once Usagi did the thing in both the anime and the manga, they just sorta popped up.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 5:35 pm

That only accounts for our Solar Senshi. What about all the others like Siren or Crow.
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : GC's Official Loof Merrow

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 8:50 pm

I may have a theory about this. It always bothered me that it seemed only Sailor Moon's loved ones were immediately back to life and not everyone else. But then I saw PGSM and...
PGSM Spoilers:

So I wonder in Sailor Moon verse, if having someone remember you and wish for your return will decide if you are simply allowed to go back as you were, or if you are reborn to start over? Perhaps some others returned after Stars in the same way as Mamoru and the senshi? And for those whose planets and citizens were gone, since there was no one left to wish their return, everything for them will sort of be rebooted when they are reborn?

Also, I was thinking about what everyone said about chaos being out there and needing every senshi possible. but it might make more sense to cycle the rebirths. If every senshi was reborn at the exact same moment, they would be in sort of the same age bracket. So eventually...possibly...they would all grow old together and be less and less able to fight. (There isn't much about senshi retiring and aging in canon, so I'm extrapolating here. Very Happy ) So staggering them would ensure there were always new senshi to lend their strength to the fray right? Or if you want to look at it the other way, it would mean a whole bunch of helpless senshi babies at one point with no one to protect them. ^^

Last edited by PoetofMercury on 19th August 2015, 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 8:51 pm

To answer your question: everyone lives.

*puts on manga glasses* 

Stars Arc Manga Spoilers Below:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : GC's Official Loof Merrow

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 9:07 pm

Oooh interesting! I've never read that far in the manga and that part of STARS always confused me. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime19th August 2015, 9:47 pm

But then that begs the question can star seeds only be reborn under specific circumstances like above.
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime20th August 2015, 10:08 am

It's never said anywhere that star seeds couldn't be reborn on their own? The galaxy cauldron is the birth place of all life in the galaxy so everything returns back to the cauldron to become a new 'star' when they die (or if they choose to become a new star on their own). 

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime20th August 2015, 1:37 pm

If we're talking about the senshi other then the main, I think without Sailor Moon's sacrifice and whatnot at the end of the manga, they'd reincarnate on their own after a set period of time. Until then, they'd be sitting in the Galaxy Cauldron, waiting for their rebirth.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
21minute
Star Seed

21minute

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime2nd September 2015, 5:53 pm

I think you're mixing both the 90s anime and the original manga and both have significant amounts of difference plot-wise.

In the anime, there was never a Galaxy Cauldron. The mythos in the anime weren't as profound compared to the manga. There was just stars seeds. After Sailor Moon "purified" Galaxia, Galaxia went on to return all the star seeds she stole back to its rightful place. It's a given interpretation that they all returned to their current state (otherwise, Sailor Moon's comrades and the Starlights princess shouldn't have been revived).

In the manga, all the star seeds Galaxia stole got revived due to Sailor Moon using her power and all the star seeds in the galaxy to ignite the Lambda power which is said to be the strongest regenerative power. the Lambda power is Sailor Cosmos' power and she is Sailor Moon in the far future after all. As for the explanation of the star seeds, if they ever get drowned in the sea of the Galaxy Cauldron, they would still remain as star seeds unless they have the same amount of power as the Solar System senshis that can remain with physical bodies inside. I doubt they have that much freewill in just a star seed state but that's just my interpretation. It is given that star seeds can be manipulated in the hands of a living senshi (i.e Galaxi reviving Sailor Moon's comrades). My guess is that it is up to Guardian Cosmos (the one who guards the Galaxy Cauldron) to guide the star seeds from the Galaxy Cauldron. She is the one who gave Sailor Moon and the others the choice to keep living after all. Star seeds in the Galaxy Cauldron are probably still in growing state and once it has matured, it will be born with physical bodies outside the cauldron with the guidance of Guardian Cosmos.
Back to top Go down
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal

Princess Sailor Mai

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Galaxy Cauldron's Official Princess Inspirit!
Location : In the middle of nowhere between part-time work and needing a full-time career

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime6th February 2016, 2:44 pm

I like the idea that their star seeds are resting before being reborn again when they are needed.  Like at the end of the Silver Millennium.  The Scouts weren't needed until the beginning of Codename: Sailor V timeline where Queen Beryl tried to take over the world.
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime10th February 2016, 12:24 am

(I haven't watched the Stars anime, but here are my thoughts based on the manga.) For me, the bigger confusion is whether when the Silver Crystal is used to reborn Princess Serenity and the others, if their star seeds went to the Cauldron, or if it was just sent to another time to acquire a new body? It's implied that a long time passed before Princes Serenity and her court died and when they were reborn, but with Saturn, when she died she was reborn in a very short amount of time.

Philosophically, I feel like when a star seed returns to the Cauldron for "rebirth", it's starting completely from scratch. All of the memories from that life are erased, and the star seed is literately melted down and reformed, creating a completely new being in the process. If not, then every generation of Sailor Senshi would have some residual memories from a past life, and over time that would create multiple layers of past lives. Also, the celestial bodies that senshis protect don't last forever. Even stars explode eventually, so the concept that one sailor crystal is forever tied to one planet makes little sense IMO. I think the rebirth that we see the characters undergo is a special kind of rebirth, granted by the power of the Silver Crystal, where a being's essence stays intact, but they are born into a new family and a new life, and memories of their past can be awakened at a later time.
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime15th February 2016, 10:18 am

Princess Sailor Mai wrote:
I like the idea that their star seeds are resting before being reborn again when they are needed.  Like at the end of the Silver Millennium.  The Scouts weren't needed until the beginning of Codename: Sailor V timeline where Queen Beryl tried to take over the world.

How does this work?

The senshi were reborn into earthly families, they didn't just spontaneously manifest into existence.

The jury is still out on the Outers (with the exception of Hotaru), but that still raises another set of problems as I cited in a thread of mine on the subject. Pharaoh 90 would have been working on earth since Hotaru's youth, and thus the presence of Chaos on Earth came about before Beryl's awakening (and for that matter, any of the happenings within Codename Sailor V).  

Wouldn't Pharaoh 90 have been sensed as an immediate threat from outside of our Solar System and thus triggered the awakening of the Outer Senshi? 

Likewise, do we know for how long Queen Beryl-Metallia had been working to rise to power before the senshi came on the scene? Sure it was likely inevitable for them to encounter one another anew in their new lives (Kind of strange that the same story would play out again. Considering that Beryl wasn't a senshi, or the equivalent of the Shitennou, why was she born again? This latter point actually lends credence to my suspicion that the Black Moon clan was comprised of figures akin to the Shitennou and Beryl,but I digress.

mangaka-chan wrote:
(I haven't watched the Stars anime, but here are my thoughts based on the manga.) For me, the bigger confusion is whether when the Silver Crystal is used to reborn Princess Serenity and the others, if their star seeds went to the Cauldron, or if it was just sent to another time to acquire a new body? It's implied that a long time passed before Princes Serenity and her court died and when they were reborn, but with Saturn, when she died she was reborn in a very short amount of time. 

Philosophically, I feel like when a star seed returns to the Cauldron for "rebirth", it's starting completely from scratch. All of the memories from that life are erased, and the star seed is literately melted down and reformed, creating a completely new being in the process. If not, then every generation of Sailor Senshi would have some residual memories from a past life, and over time that would create multiple layers of past lives. Also, the celestial bodies that senshis protect don't last forever. Even stars explode eventually, so the concept that one sailor crystal is forever tied to one planet makes little sense IMO. I think the rebirth that we see the characters undergo is a special kind of rebirth, granted by the power of the Silver Crystal, where a being's essence stays intact, but they are born into a new family and a new life, and memories of their past can be awakened at a later time.

^^^
THIS!

In the case of the Dark Moon arc, I think we can say that the Silver Crystal was used to revive the Inner Senshi after the final battle (ie. resurrection). However at the end of the Infinity Arc Hotaru's rebirth presents a number of problems when tied into Stars, and for that matter the Dreams arc.

Is the little girl a reborn Hotaru, or is she another person entirely? In the Dreams arc we're left to assume that she's the same Hotaru (body and soul) and is later visited by the spirit of Sailor Saturn which revives in her all memories of her life as Hotaru and Sailor Saturn. As such, was Hotaru a different incarnation, or one and the same?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?   [Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Theory] Star Seeds, were they reborn right away or are they waiting in the Galaxy Cauldron?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top