The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Detail-oriented

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dreamsinpink
Lotus Crystal

dreamsinpink

Lotus Crystal

Detail-oriented  Empty
PostSubject: Detail-oriented    Detail-oriented  I_icon_minitime8th August 2015, 11:29 am

This is a little flash fic I wrote a while back, that I figured I'd post! If anyone else wants to try a drabble or flash fic with the theme detailed-oriented, please share! Smile

Detail-oriented, 291 Words

Usagi sighed in frustration, slamming her pen down on the paper and dramatically blowing the blonde bangs from her eyes. She glanced over at the man beside her, wondering if he had noticed.

“I offered to help you,” he said flatly, focus drowned in his newspaper.

“I don’t need your help, Mamoru,” she spat, throwing her nose in the air. “I’m going to the bathroom,” she announced, hopping from her stool, “don’t touch my stuff.”

“Don’t worry, your wrong answers are safe with me,” Mamoru assured her with a chuckle.

He watched her bounce off and the moment she was out of sight, he leaned over, peering shamelessly at her open notebook. Her writing was as he expected; filled with loops and curls. Every letter that had a tittle, whether it be an ‘i’ or a ‘j’, was instead decorated with a little heart.

All of them.
Except one.

Mamoru tried to skip past it. He tried to finish reading her surprisingly accurate description of mitosis. He tried to stop his attention from going back to that one, undotted ‘i’.

Midnight eyes briefly surveyed the arcade, checking for any signs of the golden haired student. The coast was clear. He grasped her pink, rabbit pencil in his strong hand, holding it above the unfinished letter. He paused momentarily. Hearts. The rest were hearts, but he’d be dammed if he was going to dot anything with a heart. He pushed the lead into the crisp paper, making a quick, clean mark. Neatly placing the pencil back on the book, he returned to his newspaper.

Usagi bounded back to her seat, and as she glanced at her work, a Cheshire cat grin swept across her face.

“I knew you couldn’t leave it alone.”
Back to top Go down
https://dreamsinpinkwrites.wordpress.com/ http://she-dreams-in-pink.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/user/adriennethecanadian

Detail-oriented

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: Creativity Corner :: Writers-