The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Prince Diamond

Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character Empty
PostSubject: Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character   Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character I_icon_minitime31st July 2015, 9:34 pm

Okay so I went in the last fourth pages to be sure I wasn't just cluttering the section and I was curious as to know who was your favorite original character and most importantly why? Or if you don't have a why answer, what do you think that character gave to Sailor Moon / the Sera Myu franchise?

The original works were (kick me if I forget something)

-Kaguya Island
-Kaguya Island Kaiteban
-The whole Dracul Series I'm too lazy to break down
-Kaguya Island v.2
-Kaguya Island v.2 Kaiteban

I included both Kaguya Island's stories because the characters ARE different (and not played by the same actors/actresses). It can be any original character, going from Serpen, to Death Vulcan, to Lilith of Darkness. Main and supporting alike!

As for me I'd say:

-Loof Merrow (first version, both the original and Kaiteban): To be honest, I do like when other characters get a chance to shine over or with Sailor Moon (I love Usagi, I do, but I do love supporting characters a lot). Not only that but the mix of pirate and princess was interesting to follow and she was funny (Hikari does that to any roles though) and adorable. She also had a control over the whole Loof Triangle (so the ocean in it) and when it comes to water powers, I'm all for it. I don't know if she brings something to Sailor Moon (except the Loof Merrow / Space Knight pairing), but she was an interesting character to explore.
-Dracul & Vampir: Okay, my reasons for that are really bad, but when I first read about this original story, I started laughing (in a bad way). I mean: vampires and Sailor Moon?! Okay, that sounds weird as hell. So I technically dodge that musical until I was chronologically there (and the fact I liked Hikari allowed me to overcome my first hesitation). Thankfully I watched it completely because those characters are both interesting in their own way and just overall funny. Dracul for the Abel & Cain randomly thrown in the mix (brother issues, I like) and Vampir for the parent/child relationship (or quasi non-existing relationship) and the badassery she is in the last part of the story. What do they bring to Sailor Moon? Vampires. Honestly? I don't know. Except for one last show with Yuuta. And a very strange take on vampires? They do bring yet another strange and tragic parent/child relationship, but... yeah.
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character   Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character I_icon_minitime6th August 2015, 12:15 pm

I'd have to say I really loved Sailor Buttress and sailor Astarte. I really wish they expanded more on Astarte... she was one of my favorites of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character   Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character I_icon_minitime17th August 2015, 8:28 am

Oooh cool thread. There's so many interesting original characters even in the musicals based off existing material.

Like I really love Aaron & Manna in the Black Lady musicals and just about any of Ryuuji's original characters as well.

Though I think my favorites are Loof Merrow (of both the original and "new" Kaguya musicals), she's just an interesting character overall.

Also, I think the entire villain cast of the Dracul musicals are awesome. Lilith of Darkness, Death Vulcan, Dracul and Vampir...their stories are so intricate and very interesting to follow.
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : GC's Official Loof Merrow

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character   Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character I_icon_minitime17th August 2015, 9:21 pm

I definitely count Hikari's Loof Merrow as one of my favorites. I loved her as Diamond and she does an equally good job in this role. I guess you could say I basically love anyone Hikari plays. Very Happy

Secondly I love the two half black moon kids that sing Monochrome World. So sad yet cute!

Aand that reminds me of those kids in cat outfits I think on Kaguya? The ones that only Chibiusa can understand. They were adorable as well. Though it was also sad. A lot of things in My can get like that I think. ^^

I don't think that goofy pair of Sapphire's droid rugbyman and the one with the guitar (hyruhyru? the name is escaping me just now.) are canon right? I haven't come across them in any other place yet. But those two are kinda funny and cute in their own way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character   Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character I_icon_minitime18th August 2015, 6:58 am

You are correct, he is original to the musicals. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character   Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character I_icon_minitime18th August 2015, 11:32 pm

I have to admit that all of Ryuuji's characters (those original anyway) are simply wonderful. MCFly is a favorite of mine, but there are lots and lots of them. He brought a lot of my favorite humoristic moments (along with Hikari when she was allowed to ad lib xD).
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character   Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character I_icon_minitime11th September 2015, 10:29 pm

I actually loved the idea when they decided to throw vampires into the world of sailor moon, and Dracul is one of my top favorites.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character   Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character I_icon_minitime11th September 2015, 10:44 pm

Yeees, I tend to be meh when it comes to vampires, but Sera Myu had a really interesting take on them and mixing mythology and supernatural was a great idea. I loved Dracul too and a lot. Vampir and him are probably my all time favorites.
Back to top Go down
Khandri
Pyramidal Crystal

Khandri

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character   Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character I_icon_minitime12th September 2015, 4:23 pm

The more I think about it, the more I agree. I'm generally not into vampires or anything, but man, the ones here are so much more interesting and likable than every other pop culture vampire out there. The scene of Dracul shooting down every myth and superstition about vampires was pure gold, and in an observation I made when looking through all of them the other night, he always looks like he's completely done with everyone around him, most especially everyone who's supposed to be on his side. I love that. (Additionally, Vampir's primary costume--the one she's got in the programs/pamphlets--is on my list of dream cosplays.)

Aside from that...I don't know if Space Knight counts as an original character, because he's really just an alter ego for King Endymion, but I can't help but find him entertaining, and he was what really initially hooked me on the musicals (as the original Kaguya was my first). It was a fun way to get Endymion more involved in the story, and he was a great foil/love interest for Loof Merrow (another favorite original character of mine--what can I say, I love pretty much everything Hikari Ono does!). That costume is also one of my ultimate dream cosplays. (Also, because he was the action choreographer by then, I remain convinced that the inclusion of the Space Knight identity was purely an excuse for Yuuta to show off and make a very subtle nod back to his sentai/tokusatsu roles. I should ask him about that someday... Razz)
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character   Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character I_icon_minitime17th September 2015, 11:44 am

I love Space Knight (you could say he's an original variation of Mamoru/Endymion xD)! My headcanon is that once he became King, he could no longer be Tuxedo Mask, and dearly missing his days of shouting ridiculous phrases and helping save the day, he came up with "Space Knight". No one but NQS and the other Senshi (minus Chibiusa for a time) knows he is Space Knight.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character   Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character I_icon_minitime17th September 2015, 11:48 am

I totally count Space Knight as an original character since he doesn't exist in the manga/anime canon (even though it is King Endymion in costume but shhhh), so the answer counts ^^

I love that headcanon, Small Lady. Makes me wonder now if he didn't take on the persona of Space Knight without his wife knowing first until she finally found out (cause you can't fight evil without the senshi noticing anyway).

I love reading all your answers guys, it's nice to see some love for the musicals ^^
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character   Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character I_icon_minitime17th September 2015, 1:17 pm

I think if he kept it secret in the begining, NQS and the others would see the news reports and then just all eyeball him. Cause they know whats up.

OMG i forgot to add this other part of my headcanon. He also gets REALLY SUPER popular. Like he becomes a world wide idol hero type thing with the popularity of say how Mr Satan was popular in Dragonball Z. So he's got action figures and sports drinks and all sorts of dumb stuff with his image on it.
Back to top Go down
Eternal Knight
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Knight

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character   Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character I_icon_minitime17th September 2015, 1:47 pm

Yeah, I don't think he would be able to keep it secret for long. Like just until the news catch it as you say. It's dorky enough to be Endymion (and I'm sure everyone knows he misses the hero's side of his job). I refuse to believe they became cold and distant and 100% serious by being queen and king, it's just too far from themselves. Maybe more in public but you know.

Omg. I love the second part of your headcanon. This is awesome xD
Imagine if Small Lady (not knowing it's her father) really starts appreciating Space Knight. Not really how she did with Tuxedo Kamen (not in the Black Lady way), but like a hero in your life you look up to. Not sure I make any sense really my thought is formed in french while I'm trying to english xD. Because her father is great, but he's not the hero Mamoru was anymore (as Serenity isn't Sailor Moon anymore). So yeah.

And woops I digress xD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character   Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character I_icon_minitime17th September 2015, 2:07 pm

*coughs* (I made a thread so we don't keep going off topic: http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t11682-sera-myu-head-canons#320514)

Also did I mention that I love Mick, Hook and Cook from Kaguya??? I ADORE THE KITTENS THEY ARE SO CUTE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character   Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who's your favorite Sera Myu original character

View previous topic View next topic Back to top