The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

So I started watching PGSM

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

So I started watching PGSM Empty
PostSubject: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime17th July 2015, 7:02 pm

So.. PGSM. I'm gonna be posting on here my impressions and opinoins on all the episodes throughout the series.This will be divided into likes, dislikes, and stuff that doesn't really go in either category (for my convenience mostly). 
Act 1
I love all the actors for this. They're all perfect. Usagi is light and bouncy, Ikuko is a slightly flustered mother, Shingo is an annoyed younger brother, Luna sounds almost EXACTLY like her voice actress in the anime, which is really nice, etc. All great. The plot is relatively close to all the other first episodes acts of the series, which is probably the one continuity between the versions.
Dislikes:
The special effects- y'all k ew this was coming. You could tell it was a VERY low budget. It just... but I don't have too much of a problem with combination plush/CGI Luna, the actress is so good I can ignore that.
Crown Game Center is now a karoke place- okay, why? I feel like this might be plot important later on, but I liked the old game center. And something about Usagi liking video games made her, oh, I don't know, relatable, I guess? 
Minako is a pop star- I really like normal Minako. So this is... *sigh*. But, the thing about her being a pop star is that A. She has excuses to go places and B. No one would suspect such a prominent figure to be Sailor V. But still...
The comunicator right off the bat- Why did you give it to her Luna? Why ?
It happens over a longer period of time- Kinda detracts from the whole fighting evil by moonlight thing...
Curly haired Jadite for some reason- self explanatory.
Moon stick in the first episode- Y U NO HAVE SUPERSONIC WAVE THINGS AND MOON TIARA BOOMARANG!?!?! This aside, the Moon Stick was given to Usagi to cement her place as leader. Giving to her right off the bat just doesn't seem right to me. Also, it's the manga version, and I always liked a gold Moon Stick better than the silver one.
Tuxedo Mask and Sailor V meeting at the beginning- Cause they probably would have met beforehand, if Tuxie was already doing his thing.
The theme song- It's no Moonlight Densetsu or Moon Pride, but it is pretty good.
Mamoru knwoing he's Tuxedo Mask and actively seeking the Silver Crystal- this was another dumb thing the anime did. How could he not know he was Tuxedo Mask?
The fukus- They're a lot closer toe the manga version. Sailor Moon has the feather clip things. Yay!
The way the phone works- That was really cool. A little better than the disguise pen if you ask me.
And probably the most important thing (to me at least):
USEFUL TUXEDO MASK- He didn't throw roses or anything. He actually physically put himself in harm's way to protect Usagi. 
The Weird:
OOOOH SHINY TRANSFORMATION AND ATTACK!!!!
Queen Beryl's outfit in general...
CGI hair during said transformation and attack
The Youma reminds me of Morpha a little (the Water Temple boss in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time) what with the arm things.
Overall, the episode was... pretty good. I don't think this will be my favorite versionof Sailor Moon, but it has promise. 
Feel free to comment! Bye!

Edit as of June 6th, 2016:
Most of the things I said still stand. I have to note that I never noticed how overdramatize Tuxedo Mask is (and it's probably only gonna get better from here on out Wink) Also the long period of time thing no longer bothers me. And I must give special mention to the dance fighting. Beautiful. That's some real quality choreography there. So I look forward to the rest of the series. I hope it gets better. Bye!

Last edited by Sailor Zelda on 6th June 2016, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime17th July 2015, 7:22 pm

In my opinion, I think the graphics/CGI are a little hard to move past, but if you just remember that this was made a long time ago and on a specific budget, it's not so bad anymore (: You will understand the importance of the Karaoke center soon! It's kind of symbolic, in a way. I LOVE the theme song! Honestly all of the PGSM songs were great to me (: I will say that when I was watching the first few episodes, I didn't think PGSM would be my favorite version either, but as the plot got more and more intense my opinion quickly changed. I hope you continue to enjoy it as you continue!
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime17th July 2015, 7:41 pm

I feel like it's not the versio you'd show people first. But I'"ve hearc it gets better.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime17th July 2015, 7:48 pm

As the show goes on you'll get hook trust me. PGSM puts more focus on the girls and their lives which makes this show shine. The plot isn't forgotten, but they really focus on fleshing out the characters. Even the Generals get to shine in this without taking away the spotlight. I firmly believe this version has the best characterization. 

Yeah the effects are super bad, but it was made in the early 2000s and they had a very low budget for this. There's an episode where you can hear a helicopter flying by. XD
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime18th July 2015, 7:51 am

Act 2
I liked this episode a lot better. Seriously I only really didn't like one thing. 
Dislike:
Moon Twilight Flash- they're kinda introducing the attacks out of order, but that's just a little pet peeve.
The location of the secret base- To me, this makes a bit more sense than the arcade. It's private, and people are less likely to see then sneak into it.
Makoti- He's so cute with the turtle! (At least I think it's Makoti.)
Usagi follows Ami around
The youma- I thought that it was pretty cool.
Moon Tiara Boomerang- IT'S ACTUALLY A BOOMERANG!!!
Ami's transformation item- Though the pens were also cool.
The Weird:
The fight sequences- I heard they were dances.... um, okay then.
Overall, I think the series is getting better, and I look forwarfto the next episode. 
Bye!

Edit as of June 8th, 2016:
So I don't think I mentioned this before, but I really like how the girls all have black/brown hair while in normal civilian form, and their anime/manga/musical colors and styles in Senshi form. It makes sense, so it's not so obvious what their identities are (though it's possible there's something blocking people from seeing who there are but that's a whole other can of worms I'd rather not open now). It makes sense in that this is supposed to be more "realistic" (I use that term lightly because when is this franchise ever realistic about it's plots?), and while people with blonde, green, pink, blue, and turquoise hair may be common in anime and manga land, not so in the real world. Also the Ballet Fu is really growing on me for some reason. It goes farther that So Bad, It's Good into So Bad, It's Wodnerful territory. It's just so ridiculous you cannot help but love it. So anyway, those are my thoughts upon rewatching Act 2, and soon I'll have a mini review of Act 3 up. Yay!

Last edited by Sailor Zelda on 8th June 2016, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moondust
Star Seed

Moondust

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime23rd July 2015, 8:53 am

Where can I watch this/find this at? I saw a few clips of it on youtube, a hilarious one about Tuxedo mask and a band-aid, and I've got a few collectible toys from this show that I picked up for dirt cheap but I have no idea where to watch this! There was a DVD set I found online but it wasn't subbed in English. Is it something I can buy off Amazon or? Sad
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime23rd July 2015, 8:56 am

I think I actually found it on Youtube and was watching the episodes on there and they were subbed if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime23rd July 2015, 9:01 am

MissDream has torrent/downloads of the entire series with their subs. https://missdream.org/fansubs/pretty-guardian-sailor-moon/
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime23rd July 2015, 9:09 am

Just to warn you, Miss Dream leave whole lines untranslated and some glaring mistakes have been pointed out by people who can speak Japanese. I would recommend these other links as well: Sea of Serenity (they're not done releasing it though), Streaming 1, Streaming 2 and the one everyone said has great quality subs (thought I haven't watched it myself) is this torrent.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime23rd July 2015, 9:14 am

Just to plug my site but hey why not? Lol!  http://seaofserenity.net is currently subbing the series but we only have up until Act 16.  So if you want to binge watch it, go with youtube or Miss Dream until we have it all done.

As a note for the special effects/CGI, it looks low budget but this is also the style and look the show is going for due to it being a tokusatsu series (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokusatsu). So its meant to be in the style of shows like Super Sentai (Power Rangers in the US), Kamen Rider and the like. If you watch clips of those shows, you'll see where PGSM gets its "cheese" factor from with the effects. :3

But keep watching, and make sure you have tissues handy lol!

Edit: Thanks for linking SOS Bubbles! <3 You posted as I was typing this up.  Also TV-Nihon's are good. Thats the subs I watched for PGSM originally (oh about 10 years ago now). Aren't they the one that translated Makoto as saying "Don't f*** with me?" tho?  Its a bit of an exaggeration with the translation there xD
Back to top Go down
Moondust
Star Seed

Moondust

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime23rd July 2015, 11:45 am

Thank you, you guys are awesome! <3 <3 <3
So I started watching PGSM 1394610236
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime23rd July 2015, 12:54 pm

Moondust wrote:
Where can I watch this/find this at? I saw a few clips of it on youtube, a hilarious one about Tuxedo mask and a band-aid, and I've got a few collectible toys from this show that I picked up for dirt cheap but I have no idea where to watch this! There was a DVD set I found online but it wasn't subbed in English. Is it something I can buy off Amazon or? Sad
There was an entire playlist of them on YouTube put together by a user named Audrey Melissa. I just saved it and used that.
But you guys already gave her some great tips so...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime23rd July 2015, 12:56 pm

AHHHHHHHH ALMOST ALL THE VIDEOS ON THE PLAYLIST GOT DELETED GUYS. So do any of these thing work on moblie?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime23rd July 2015, 3:09 pm

I think depends on your phone? I've had sites with not youtube streaming videos work before (I use Android) but with the "Internet" browser that comes with it (so not firefox or chrome, had issues with firefox mobile and video before and always forget to use chrome lol). I think once we get more episodes out with SeaofSerenity, we will probably try to upload to youtube (and hope they don't get taken down).
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime23rd July 2015, 5:25 pm

I have a Nook tablet.... and I tried downlaoding something from Sea of Serenity already, it wouldn't run. Sad
Back to top Go down
LadyNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

LadyNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : HarukaxMichiru...the reason I have high standards....

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime23rd July 2015, 6:07 pm

I don't know about Nook, but for my iPad I have to download on the computer. Then I have to Download VLC and play it through that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/butterflyarashi
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime24th July 2015, 6:30 am

Our files are AVI format so if you can get VLC or any other similar video player app on the Nook, then I imagine it would work. However, we don't format them for mobile so the files may be kind of large for a mobile device.
Back to top Go down
LadyNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

LadyNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : HarukaxMichiru...the reason I have high standards....

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime24th July 2015, 7:24 am

I usually stick one at a time on my iPad when I want to watch them too and from work...public transit has it's upside lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/butterflyarashi
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime6th June 2016, 2:04 pm

So guess what! Because iPhone>Android tablets, I can watch Sea of Serenity PGSM's subs! Obviously I haven't seen the first episode since July of last year wow it's already almost been a year since I've signed up and I really wanna delete my posts by the thoughts still stand. So once I get to episode 3, I will post my thogughrs on that.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime6th June 2016, 2:58 pm

Yaaay!! I look forward to your thoughts xD
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime8th June 2016, 5:03 pm

Posting to say I updated Act 2's post a bit.

Edit: FINALLY got around to...
Act 3 (The 3rd Gaurdian is Rei, The Shrine Priestess these titles don't leave anything up to the imagination do they?

I am really loving this series more and more as it goes on. It has a lot of promise.
I like the portrayal of Ikuko-Mama in this version. We really see where Usagi gets her Genki Girl personality from. And that quiz at the beginning was hilarious. This version also seems to playing up the whole "All these girls were pretty much friendless before Usagi came into their lives" aspect of the anime and manga. And I look forward to more on that. I actually find myself wanting to see more about the characters than the fights (which I still want to see, don't get me wrong). It seems to be hinting that there's a lot more going on with Ami than "I'm just really serious about school and my future". I smell drama involving her mother in the future. They also higlighted how people don't like Rei because of her psychic abilities thing. I like that. Another very nice thing was that they gave a reason for why each girl specifically was kidnapped by Jadeite. 

The actress playing Beryl is REALLY chewing the scenery with her role and seems like she's having fun. I like that. We got more useful Tuxedo Mask in this episode, and Mars got to join in on the Ballet Fu fun as well! Also, that Youma. Oh gosh, it's so terrible. I loved it.

If there's one thing I don't like, it's that they seemed to play Rei's loner tendencies for drama at the end with her "I have no intention of being your companions thing." I guess it makes sense that you may not want to be buddy buddy with them immediately (especially with someone like Usagi), but these are probably some of the first people in your life who want to befriend you and aren't scared of you. I'd jump at that chance if I were in her position! *sigh* But you know, it's a drama, and it looks like she warms up to them next episode.

So I really enjoyed this episode of PGSM, and I'll see you guys after I watch the next episode!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime9th June 2016, 12:11 am

I'm glad you're enjoying the series! Very Happy

I'm actually happy Rei said that, because in the anime/manga/Crystal, pretty much all the girls suddenly become instant friends as soon as they become senshi. That's not really how friendships work, so I love how PGSM is making them work for it. It makes it feel more real and earned, in a way.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime9th June 2016, 4:24 am

Keep watching PGSM! Sure, it does come off as cheesy a lot of the time, but it does so much more to make up for it! Plus, it's not NEARLY as annoying as the 90s anime can be, and the show makes optimal use of its time to develop the characters and new storylines to make things more interesting!
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime9th June 2016, 1:26 pm

So um... I would like to be here talking about Act 4, but Small Lady? The mirror link isn't working. I just says "invalid link" when I click on it. I know this is the party/ball episode, could I skip it, or is it different enough to warrant a watch?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime9th June 2016, 1:32 pm

It's different enough to watch. I'll have to try to fix the link when I get the chance. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! Also just FYI, i'm going to be switching the mirror links to mediafire soon so I hope those still work for you. 4Share has too many ads for my taste. :/
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime9th June 2016, 1:37 pm

Hopefully they will. I decided to watch it on another site... I think they used Miss Dream's subs and the change is REALLY jarring why did you translate senshi as soldier Gaurdian is right in the title of the show and song.... And there are quite a few adds on 4share.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime9th June 2016, 1:55 pm

Actually, if you want to try mediafire here's a link to my PGSM folder with the SOS uploads: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/iaqqup28i4d87/PGSM

Let me know if that works for ya!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime9th June 2016, 2:36 pm

Act 4: Infiltrating the Party! 

So this episode was again super cute. I like how it was a Halloween party instead of a ball, because I guess this started airing in Octor of 2003. It fits with the seasonal theme.

The Rei-Ami bonding was really cute and cool. I've always thought that Usagi, Rei, and Ami would be the closest out of all of them since they were together a while before Mako and Mina came around. And Ami and Reinare pretty similar in that they're both introverted and haven't had any grinds, and Usagi was how they got friends. Seeing Ami come out of her shell to basically say "Hey, I know that feel bro (sis?)". And then the singing part at the end and Rei agreeing to go to Usagi's place... It's just so sweet. It's funny that Minako's actually bring the girls together before she even met them. I like how they tried their triple tech a couple times and then we had Ballet Fu synched to actual music. AND MOAR ACTUALLY FIGHTING TUXEDO MASK! Unfortunately I still don't think he's shaken his penchant for throwing roses around in the fandom, but this and Crystal are a step in the right direction. It was interesting that when Moon and Tuxie fell from the building, she was the one that technically caught him (somewhat) instead of the other way around. Still made for a super cute scene. Finally, I'd like to comment on the scene where Luna talked to Tuxedo Mask. Looking at the manga, it seems that was pretty faithfully adapted from the scene at the end of the 4th Act.

Oh Nephrite. Your hair. Your clothes. My favorite Shitennou. You have never looked better (jk not really). Also it's interesting that Beryl didn't kill Jadeite. Maybe for use later? Hmmmm... And those Youmas. Oh gosh. (Can someone tell me if the rock Nephrite used was actually, well, nephrite? And the same for Jadeite too.)

K, so things I didn't like... Well, Nephrite's redesign, as mentioned above... Is special. And they literally just used a green light to show the lady with with the Sapphire thing was possessed. I know the budget for this show was non-existent, but geez...

Overall, it was a very nice and fun episode. Catch ya next time!
Back to top Go down
Deathscythe
Star Seed

Deathscythe

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime13th June 2016, 7:11 pm

Glad you are giving this a chance. So many people just ignore this version, even though I think it is the best one.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime13th June 2016, 9:21 pm

I never quite understood the design changes other than just to make them different. They don't really bother me (Nephrite, you're hair was always too long anyway) but just found it odd changing up Kunzite and Zoisite's colors on us like they do. xD

THEM SINGING C'EST LA VIE WAS GREAT. I love how Rei and Ami find a connection and all. I also like how it's a good modern interpretation of the Masquerade Ball act.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I started watching PGSM   So I started watching PGSM I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I started watching PGSM

View previous topic View next topic Back to top