The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anyone a Jurassic Park fan?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silver Wings
Star Seed

Silver Wings

Star Seed

Anyone a Jurassic Park fan? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone a Jurassic Park fan?   Anyone a Jurassic Park fan? I_icon_minitime13th July 2015, 11:43 am

I recently saw the new movie, and it brought back so maaaaaany good memories from my childhood when I saw the first film. I had to wait a couple years after it came out to see it because my mom thought it would be to scary for a 7 year old ^^; (odd, because I never got scared of movies or tv when I was a kid and mostly all I watch now are horror films lol). Growing up, I had always been fascinated with dinos but I kind of forgot about them as I got older. I thought the new movie was great! I loved the raptors especially Blue! It definitely was better than the last 2 sequels which were kind of disappointing, but still ok. 

So anyone else on here a fan of the movies? Did you like Jurassic World?  Anyone a Jurassic Park fan? 1955989781
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Jurassic Park fan?   Anyone a Jurassic Park fan? I_icon_minitime13th July 2015, 12:02 pm

make sure the sound is on.

Anyone a Jurassic Park fan? 2422052349 I may be one of those fans that can hum the entire movie score, quote most of it from memory, was ridiculously goofy with a rubber raptor puppet when I was younger (he was known as the cheese raptor), and bought a 1995 Jeep to have the same style used in the movies (yeah, I learned to drive stick shift for it) (for christmas last year my mom bought me a custom tire cover with the logo (sans words) on it) and when I got my new soundbar installed, played the jurassic park soundtrack exclusively for weeks and was incredibly disappointed that I couldn't stand up and take off my sunglasses in awe at stoplights (u.u have to keep that foot on the brakes, man).

When I read the book in high school, I devoured it. I loved the science behind it, the research Michael Crichton did when writing it, and the whole SECOND HALF OF THE BOOK!! I mean I know you can't include everything in a movie, but so much was left out it was like discovering buried treasure!!

And while the magic was lost in the Lost World and JP3, I appreciate that some of the scenes from the first book that weren't included in the first movie showed up in those two. x_x though bleeeeeh the Lost World movie had very little in common with the book - if anyone hasn't read the books yet dooo iiit. Do it naow!

I adored Jurassic World and what they did with it - I'm glad Spielberg liked the director's vision so much he convinced the company to leave the director alone and let him do it his way - it was a reboot without erasing the past, and the similar themes and inclusion of scenes from the book (or parallels) just made me so happy. The first few minutes when they got to the island and you saw Hammond's dream had become a reality, I was very nearly in tears XD I loved it. And from that point forward I enjoyed every minute - it was so respectful and inclusive of the past ((hahaha movies 2 and 3 don't exist ftw)) while pushing forward, and I can't wait to see what they'll come up with for the sequel ^-^
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Jurassic Park fan?   Anyone a Jurassic Park fan? I_icon_minitime13th July 2015, 12:24 pm

I don't think I watched Jurassic 2 or 3 in their entirety, although I have seen snippets over the years. 

You know I utterly enjoyed Jurassic World and I wish I could afford to see it again, but I can't. I think this is going to be one of the few movies I bother to buy on DVD for my own collection, because I honestly loved it that much. 

I think a lot of the charm for me these days is being able to see dinosaurs as I absolutely loved them as a kid.
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

Senior Member  Saturn Emeritus

Title : (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。magical weirdo, Original Saturn

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Jurassic Park fan?   Anyone a Jurassic Park fan? I_icon_minitime15th July 2015, 6:05 pm

I always have been a fan of the first movie, and I am in love with the most recent release. In concert band in college we played the theme song, and I always got goosebumps because of how it sounds. 

Band geek here....got to play one of her favorite movie theme songs.... XD

Another was Phantom of the Opera in Country Band, but that's off topic. Shame on you Saturn.
Back to top Go down
http://vibrantthinking.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YumiSplash?feature=mhee
Juliko
Lotus Crystal

Juliko

Lotus Crystal

Title : Current obsession: Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Jurassic Park fan?   Anyone a Jurassic Park fan? I_icon_minitime16th July 2015, 6:49 am

My mom says I saw the first movie when I was real little, but I don't remember. I'm not too big on it now.
Back to top Go down
http://firechick12012.deviantart.com
Silver Wings
Star Seed

Silver Wings

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Jurassic Park fan?   Anyone a Jurassic Park fan? I_icon_minitime27th July 2015, 1:25 pm

Sailor Saturn wrote:
I always have been a fan of the first movie, and I am in love with the most recent release. In concert band in college we played the theme song, and I always got goosebumps because of how it sounds. 

Band geek here....got to play one of her favorite movie theme songs.... XD

Another was Phantom of the Opera in Country Band, but that's off topic. Shame on you Saturn.
Oooh! In high school band we played the theme song for one of our concerts! I got goosebumps ^^;;
Back to top Go down
Silver Wings
Star Seed

Silver Wings

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Jurassic Park fan?   Anyone a Jurassic Park fan? I_icon_minitime27th July 2015, 1:26 pm

Sailor Uranus wrote:
make sure the sound is on.

Anyone a Jurassic Park fan? 2422052349 I may be one of those fans that can hum the entire movie score, quote most of it from memory, was ridiculously goofy with a rubber raptor puppet when I was younger (he was known as the cheese raptor), and bought a 1995 Jeep to have the same style used in the movies (yeah, I learned to drive stick shift for it) (for christmas last year my mom bought me a custom tire cover with the logo (sans words) on it) and when I got my new soundbar installed, played the jurassic park soundtrack exclusively for weeks and was incredibly disappointed that I couldn't stand up and take off my sunglasses in awe at stoplights (u.u have to keep that foot on the brakes, man).

When I read the book in high school, I devoured it. I loved the science behind it, the research Michael Crichton did when writing it, and the whole SECOND HALF OF THE BOOK!! I mean I know you can't include everything in a movie, but so much was left out it was like discovering buried treasure!!

And while the magic was lost in the Lost World and JP3, I appreciate that some of the scenes from the first book that weren't included in the first movie showed up in those two. x_x though bleeeeeh the Lost World movie had very little in common with the book - if anyone hasn't read the books yet dooo iiit. Do it naow!

I adored Jurassic World and what they did with it - I'm glad Spielberg liked the director's vision so much he convinced the company to leave the director alone and let him do it his way - it was a reboot without erasing the past, and the similar themes and inclusion of scenes from the book (or parallels) just made me so happy. The first few minutes when they got to the island and you saw Hammond's dream had become a reality, I was very nearly in tears XD I loved it. And from that point forward I enjoyed every minute - it was so respectful and inclusive of the past ((hahaha movies 2 and 3 don't exist ftw)) while pushing forward, and I can't wait to see what they'll come up with for the sequel ^-^
Haha I love you! I was excited when they re-released the original on big screen two years ago, because I never got to see in theaters (I was too little and my mom wouldn't let me watch it; I was only 7 hehe although tbh I wouldn't have been scared anyway! All I watch is horror movies mostly now anyway which is ironic in a way since my mom never let me watch scary movies when I was a kid). Saw it 3D and was in love ever since. I LOVED JW so much I watched it twice already (saw it in theaters in 3D, then watched it again on a pirated video site ^^;;;;; ). Those raptors man, so freaking awesome. They are my favorite dinosaurs in the film besides T-Rex. I guess you could saw my obsession with dinosaurs started with The Land Before Time when I was about 4 or 5. I watched that movie almost every day XD. I LOVED dinos! I even dug holes in my backyard trying to find dinosaur bones lol. As I got older, I forgot about them, but JP being brought back to theaters 2 years ago brought everything back! : D 

Is your Jeep the same color? You should totally have an artist paint the JP logo on the door or find a really big decal. That would be so sweet dude!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone a Jurassic Park fan?   Anyone a Jurassic Park fan? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone a Jurassic Park fan?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top