The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

[Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd July 2015, 2:54 pm

Regarding the villain question, you are all free to do that! I'll probably bring Selena into it too (: Ideas for what the Guild should be called? I kind of want them to be called Clans.

@Andalusite, I would suggest watching at least the first episode of SAO in order to get a better visual of how the Nerve Gear works and what the RPG world is like. The first season is available on Netflix, or you could watch it here.

Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd July 2015, 5:00 pm

Okay, thanks!

...And I thought of a few more questions.
1) Just a clarification, everybody including antagonists must have “Sailor” or “General” in their username correct? The second part of the username can be whatever though (for antagonists) right?

2) Regarding the classes and appearance information, if we already have a main character profile created, do we just add a spoiler tab for the RP to the bottom of the profile with the necessary information or can it be listed in the OOC and introduced in the first RP post the character appears?

3) As for elements, what exactly is considered “Energy” in SAO? I would assume that it covers sound/wave-based attacks, but I wanted to make sure. Razz

4) Do humanoid characters retain their original non-human characteristics (eg. acute hearing or true forms), or would they behave more or less like humans in-game due to restrictions set by the game and/or Nerve Gear?  

P.S. A guild/clan name for the antagonists? Phantasmagoria
I'm not sure. I might be able to come up with some suggestions once all of the antagonist OCs are confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd July 2015, 5:44 pm

1: For any player in the game, their username must have the words 'Sailor' or 'General' in front of it. As your character ranks up, the titles will change.

2: I'm not sure if I'm interpreting your question correctly, so please let me know if I'm misunderstanding (: For your specific character Kyan, all you need to do is add the information in the 'Storyline Specific Information' section. This includes her appearance in the game, her username, and her class.

3: I would consider energy as what you described (: Forcefields, soundwaves, whatever you can think of as long as it doesn't fall under any other element (:

4: Anyone playing the game, no matter who they are, is restricted. All players start out at Level 1, and the only thing from the real world that may be in the game is their personalities. No abilities will carry into the game unless that ability comes with your character's class.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any more questions! (:
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd July 2015, 2:02 pm

Sailor Pluto wrote:
Regarding the villain question, you are all free to do that! I'll probably bring Selena into it too (: Ideas for what the Guild should be called? I kind of want them to be called Clans.

Okay then...
Also claiming Sailor Apollyon xD She'll be a regular Swordswoman Smile

Oh, and for a clan name... Well, I found this website - maybe it will give you a nice suggestion Smile
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=superorganization
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2015, 12:20 am

Does Appollyon have an element?

After generating a few names, some that I liked were 'Omniassembly', 'Lunar Champions', and 'Silver Platoon'. What do you think?

I'm going to get the storyline submission up soon. Also, I will be updating the OOC with information based on Ranks, Skills, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2015, 12:27 am

Are those name options for the heroes or villains? Cause I really like Lunar Champions for the heroes xD
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2015, 1:28 am

We can have Lunar Champions for heroes (: It does make more sense for them anyway xD
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2015, 1:37 am

[Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 868675979  Then I'd prefer Silver Platoon for the team name for the villains.  Because Omniassembly reminds me too much of that government assembly that the Queen spoke in front of in Star Wars Episode 2.  And Silver Platoon has a Sailor Moon link (at least in my mind) - Silver Platoon = Silver Millennium in a way.
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2015, 3:02 am

Sailor Pluto wrote:
Does Appollyon have an element?

After generating a few names, some that I liked were 'Omniassembly', 'Lunar Champions', and 'Silver Platoon'. What do you think?

Yes, her element is Shadow/Darkness Smile

I personally like both, Omniassembly and Silver Platoon Smile I let the others decide xD
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2015, 3:28 am

Sailor Pluto wrote:
No abilities will carry into the game unless that ability comes with your character's class.
But in the real world, the abilities would still exist correct? I'm just wondering mainly for the introduction post and for the reaction to being stuck in the game.

I started watching SAO and am addicted! xD, but I am only on episode 5, so I have yet to see a lot of the characters. Do you happen to have any reference pictures of characters in SAO that would fit the mage or ranger class? I am stuck between those two for Kyan. Her element will be Energy and I guess I will just make her username Sailor Anya.

As for the guild names, I like both choices, but I am leaning toward Omniassembly, unless the guild is assumed to be large. Silver Platoon makes it sound like a fairly large group, but I do like the slight SM connection. Do we want a SM connection? I'll see if I can brainstorm anything else while standing around at work. The only thing that comes to mind now is "Chaos Knights," "The Knights of Chaos," something Chaos. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th July 2015, 4:10 am

Ooh I really like "The Knights of Chaos".

There aren't actually any Mage or Ranger or other classes in the SAO anime. Everyone is a swordsman/woman (hence its name Sword Art Online Razz) In the later arcs there are other games though, and there are some fairy/fantasy and gunner classes that I have seen so far.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th July 2015, 6:18 pm

@Andalusite, in the case of your character, yes, her real-world abilities still exist.

I LOVE KNIGHTS OF CHAOS SO IT IS OFFICIALLY KNIGHTS OF CHAOS XD
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th July 2015, 9:55 pm

Sailor Mercury wrote:
Ooh I really like "The Knights of Chaos".

In the later arcs there are other games though, and there are some fairy/fantasy and gunner classes that I have seen so far.
I must have seen one of the concept arts for the fairy/fantasy people. xD;

Sailor Pluto wrote:
@Andalusite, in the case of your character, yes, her real-world abilities still exist.
Alright! Perfect! I officially have no more questions! Very Happy

Sailor Pluto wrote:
I LOVE KNIGHTS OF CHAOS SO IT IS OFFICIALLY KNIGHTS OF CHAOS XD
[Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 2503753863 Whooo! Glad to have been of some assistance. XD
Back to top Go down
Sportsnutd
Lotus Crystal

Sportsnutd

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Dark Mercury.RAINBOW DASH BEST PONY!

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th July 2015, 2:35 pm

may i enter my brand new OC Sailor splash otherwise know as Stephanie Sanders? if so I am also ok with her dying but just like mercuryfan i would rather her not be first.

EDIT: I think she would be a Spearess with a blue triton since she is water based anyway.

Last edited by sportsnutd on 12th July 2015, 9:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th July 2015, 5:40 pm

Just a quick question before i throw Enya into this XD 

1. Will there be Beaters? ((could enya be a beater?))
2. I'm still a little confused about outfits? So are we meshing the two together - their senshi uniform with the guidelines for their classes - or is it like a pick-one-or-the-other so long as there's a sailor collar deal?
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th July 2015, 6:19 pm

1. I had plans to make one protagonist a beater and one antagonist a beater. It's meant to be a challenge for the other roleplayers to find out who is the beater and who isn't (: I haven't announced it yet but yeah that's my plan xD So the protagonist/antagonist players I choose will get a PM or Skype message from me shortly (:

2. Basically choose an element first - your character will have to wear that element's color. Then choose a class - your character's outfit will have to fit in the criteria of that class, and it will have a sailor collar. It doesn't necessarily have to be the traditional senshi uniform.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th July 2015, 6:46 pm

Very Happy Kk! 

So I'm signing up! 

Liera Smith / Sailor Enyalius, the Energy Swordswoman ((XD Mushing her senshi stuff into SAO stuff was fun))

EDIT: oh and she's totallly killable.

Additional Edit: I want to keep it close to the original character, so I'm swapping from shadow/darkness element to Energy, but I'd like to keep her colors generally the same (in this case, copper is now yellow ^^')  Is it okay if her major color is black but all of her accents are yellow?

Last edited by Sailor Uranus on 11th July 2015, 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th July 2015, 6:53 pm

I am in with my otaku Zena

aka Sailor Ruby
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

Anait Zelleire

Lotus Crystal

Title : 'some witty/deep quote about life that makes ppl laugh/think here'

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th July 2015, 6:57 pm

This sounds like fun! And I love SAO so I'm in, gonna make Daeka Loukas/ Sailor Achelois XD
I am okay with her dying in this RP as well

Last edited by Anait Zelleire on 10th July 2015, 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://anaitlovesall.tumblr.com
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th July 2015, 6:58 pm

Sailor Pluto, how soon would you like me to add my RP-specific information to Kyan's profile? Would I be able to do it Sunday if I have time (/ am not tired)? Otherwise, I guess I could sometime this upcoming week. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

Anait Zelleire

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th July 2015, 7:53 pm

Question!
I plan to make Daeka (Achelois) a healer character (If that's cool) and I picked mage for her class, when picking the color/ability, can we interpret the powers how we want or do you have preferences? Like air (grey) is attack only or the other way around?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th July 2015, 7:21 am

Sailor Uranus wrote:
Additional Edit: I want to keep it close to the original character, so I'm swapping from shadow/darkness element to Energy, but I'd like to keep her colors generally the same (in this case, copper is now yellow ^^')  Is it okay if her major color is black but all of her accents are yellow?
^ I edited my earlier post just now, but figured I'd include a link for people XD

This Anime Elf Creator (using human ears) gives only a bust showing of the character, but the clothing options are unique and fantasy oriented. I made Enyalius with it (below) and thought I'd share it with everyone in case others wanted to use it. ^^  If I find others (I'll be browsing XD) I'll update this post with the other links and an example from each.
[Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 SAO

XD Also dropping this here: SAO Skills
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th July 2015, 9:21 am

Thanks for sharing it, Kyra!
I just made Apollyon with this creator and I have to say...I'm really happy with how she looks like Smile

[Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 FblO3SV
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th July 2015, 9:20 pm

@Uranus it's totally fine for her outfit to have the black/yellow scheme you described (: And thank you for those links!

Artemis and Anait, you're in! 

@Andalusite, do it whenever you have time! As long as it gets put in there before I start the roleplay, which will be before the end of July, hopefully!

@Anait, could you be a little more specific relating to your ideas? Or you could just do what you want in your profile, and when I review it I can let you know if I'm okay with what you have (:
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2015, 5:55 am

I know that Luna is listed as a possible character someone could sign up for. Would it make sense for her to be involved on an NPC level, unless someone claims her? Would she initially approach Usagi in-game and nudge her towards seeking D Point? I was wondering if she might count as a "familiar" as far as original SAO is concerned. For example, something like this?:

Familiar Communication: Usagi is approached by a talking cat, calling herself "Luna," who appears to be an NPC. She insists that Usagi must reach D Point and complete the game. Although Usagi is initially resistant, Luna provides a constant stream of tutorials and advice that make her feel more confident playing SAO. She eventually agrees to gather teammates and try to clear the game.

Also, I'd like to give Usagi a "Unique Skill." Would that be appropriate? I was thinking that her ability to channel energy and combine attacks with others could be that "Unique Skill."

Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2015, 10:41 am

I just thought of some more general questions about the RP.

1) I have never done a full RP story with more than 3 people before and was wondering how the posting frequency will be determined. Will there be a posting order or will we all be able to post whenever it makes sense as long as it isn't a double post? If there isn't an order/limit, and somebody hasn't posted in a couple of days due to a crazy work schedule for example, we would wait for them to say something instead of going on for 3 pages, right? Smile I'm just curious because I remember getting super lost in the carnival RP event after not being able to post for a couple of days.

2) This is more of a curiosity than anything, but will the characters already be in the game/main town from the start or will we be using a post or two to explain their reason for purchasing the game, their hype over waiting in line, and their reaction to logging in for the first time? Or will we hint at that through their interactions with other characters?

I also forgot to mention that I am fine with Kyan getting killed off--ESPECIALLY if (1) the RP becomes too hard for me to keep up with (though I should be fine) or (2) she totally deserves it for being a *insert word of choice* nuisance to the senshi. I'd prefer that she isn't killed off first unless the pace of the RP ends up being too fast for my slow writing tendencies. x)
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2015, 11:59 am

Ooh, Aurae you just gave me an idea! What if we made Luna a character like Yui? Regarding your question about Unique Skills, if we let Usagi have one, I want all players to be able to have one. So I was thinking perhaps at a certain level, a Unique Skill is unlocked? What do you think? I could create Unique Skills for each player and give them out when players reach a certain level.

Answer 1: I don't want to make a posting order, because that's hard to keep track of and this is a Relaxed roleplay. So players are free to post whenever they are able (: If we are waiting on someone to post, we typically give a few days, and then we work something out to move the story along (: If that happens, don't worry - we'll figure it out (:

Answer 2: Players are free to make their first posts however they choose (: I, personally, will be giving a little detail about my character before he started the game.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2015, 12:09 pm

I really like Aurae's idea for Usagi's unique skill! But I'm also curious as to what you'd come up with, Pluto XD

I like them being able to unlock unique skills at certain points in the game - that sounds good. ^^
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2015, 12:09 pm

Andalusite wrote:
[...]

2) This is more of a curiosity than anything, but will the characters already be in the game/main town from the start or will we be using a post or two to explain their reason for purchasing the game, their hype over waiting in line, and their reaction to logging in for the first time? Or will we hint at that through their interactions with other characters?

[...]

[Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 868675979  Oooooooo - I really like that idea of an introductory post in this RPG to explain some of those things, including the first-time login reaction.  I know I plan on doing that for my character.
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
Anait Zelleire
Lotus Crystal

Anait Zelleire

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th July 2015, 12:14 pm

Thanks Pluto! I'll explain it more clearly in her profile then XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread   [Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Relaxed]: Sailor Art Online OOC Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top