The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khandri
Pyramidal Crystal

Khandri

Pyramidal Crystal

Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever Empty
PostSubject: Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever   Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever I_icon_minitime29th May 2015, 9:02 pm

Surprised no one's been talking about this here yet.

Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever Tumblr_nk2irarVOm1rf6rcmo1_500

So basically, Anza and a number of the classic Myu cast are getting together for a one day event that's happening in just a bit more than a week on June 7th. Given everyone who's involved/expected to appear, it certainly looks like it's going to be heavily Myu-related. I find it particularly interesting that Nao and Yuhka are part of this, since they were the only ones here who didn't perform with Anza at any point. (And I sincerely hope they record this, because I so want to see this with that kind of lineup.)

But then earlier today, because I'm friends with Yuuta Mochizuki on Facebook (how that happened is quite the story in and of itself... >_> *cough*), I happened to see these rehearsal photos show up on my feed...

Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever Tumblr_np53u2Cbqq1rxyrcuo1_500

Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever Tumblr_np53u2Cbqq1rxyrcuo2_500

Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever Tumblr_np53u2Cbqq1rxyrcuo3_500

(Since these are things that just appeared on my feed, I decided to screencap them as they appeared for me because it didn't feel right for me take the individual photos from their pages.)

Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks these are all utterly adorable and perfect...please? Especially the one of just Anza and Yuuta together. Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever 1805429032 All of these made me so happy. (And dare I say it, I think he's looking even better than when I met him last year, because dang... [/fangirl mode])
Back to top Go down
Batgirl
Lotus Crystal

Batgirl

Lotus Crystal

Title : Batgirl, Batgirl, watcha gonna do?~Dubbed Sailor Potassium Monkey~

PostSubject: Re: Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever   Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever I_icon_minitime29th May 2015, 9:26 pm

So cool! And I agree. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://theofficialbatgirl.tumblr.com http://theofficialbatgirl.tumblr.com/
Suzu
Pyramidal Crystal

Suzu

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Tuxedo Kamen Rider ♥ GC's official PGSM Moon

PostSubject: Re: Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever   Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever I_icon_minitime2nd June 2015, 11:43 pm

I really wish I could see it, so I hope we get a recording (like seriously, if there'll be a DVD, I'm gonna buy it as soon as I'm in Japan).

But just seeing the photos makes me so happy. It's good to see them all re-united Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever 1955989781
Back to top Go down
http://suzustarlight.tumblr.com/ http://miriam-the-fox.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/CureChibi
Khandri
Pyramidal Crystal

Khandri

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever   Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever I_icon_minitime5th June 2015, 9:52 pm

Been seeing some more rehearsal photos popping up, though these are probably among the last ones we'll see since the event is on Sunday. (Though I'm sure we'll see plenty of photos--and hopefully videos too--of the event itself afterwards!) Others have been posting them to Tumblr already, so I'll just link from there. Spoiler-cut because I don't know how big they'll be otherwise.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever   Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever I_icon_minitime5th June 2015, 10:22 pm

i am so excited for this, i saw this and meant to post about it and never did. I would love to hear how you and Mochi became fb friends, I love all the pictures they are so precious.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Khandri
Pyramidal Crystal

Khandri

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever   Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever I_icon_minitime6th June 2015, 2:58 pm

*rubs hands* ...Ooh, I get to tell the story! Very Happy (It's a bit long.)

Okay, so it all started last August at Power Morphicon in California, where he was a guest based on his role in the Zyuranger sentai series. On the first day, I just went as myself, no cosplay, but I was wearing a Sailor Moon shirt, and he noticed that. At that point, I'd only seen a few of the musicals in addition to Zyuranger (and the more recent Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters movie that he was in), but I still wanted to show my Myu love as well, and it sure seemed like he appreciated that. (I'd changed clothes for it, but there was also a party/meet-and-greet event later that evening, and he was really, really nice to me there as well. I mean really nice...in that sort of "might be fancying you" kind of way. o.o) For the second and third days of the convention, however, I cosplayed a variation of his Zyuranger character (it was something I'd thrown together on the cheap only days before flying out), and he instantly became my number-one fanboy and was bordering on flirty with me the rest of the time. (I honest-to-goodness have photos where I've had people point out "you two look like a couple there." Yes, even though I was cosplaying a male character. Pssh, what's a 13-year age difference matter? >_> <_<) It was clear at every turn that he adored me (even though I never expected anything more than casual appreciation), and given that I was crushing pretty hard, I certainly didn't mind the attention.

Anyway...he was supposed to be a guest at the Lexington (Kentucky) comic convention back in March along with some other Zyuranger cast. In January, by random chance, I was contacted and friended on Facebook by their US-based agent/promoter, who wanted me to help promote and plan a dinner party to be held with them during the event (initially meant as a birthday party, since the convention happened to fall right during his birthday on March 14th), because I was one of the only people they could find who was both a fan and was going to Lexington. But in late February, it was announced that he had to cancel appearing at the convention due to recent illness and being unable to travel. I still went to the convention despite this, and the party still happened, but it wasn't the same. However, before the convention, I became friends on Facebook with more of the agent's partners/crew, and during the convention itself, I was friended by two of the other cast who were there. (This is somewhat important.) Also at the convention, they put together something that was a combination of birthday wishes and well wishes for us fans to sign and that would be sent along to him. I of course signed it with my real name, also noting that I was that cosplayer from Power Morphicon. (This is also somewhat important.)

Time passed, and we now move to late April, when I start seeing very curious things on my Facebook feed by way of these other friends. Wait...he was on Facebook now? How and when did this happen? As tempting as it was to want to send off a friend request as soon as I noticed this, I didn't do anything. I didn't want to barge in, and I didn't even know if I was supposed to know about this yet either. I decided to instead bide my time. If a time would come that I was supposed to properly know about this, I'd know.

On May 5th, about a week after I first started seeing those initial hints and just days before word went public, I woke up to this:
Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever FB2015-05-05-ithappened

Now I'm sure part of it was because of my existing friend network, and how I'd made myself somewhat obvious (my profile photo on FB is a photo of us from the convention, and my cover photo is something from Lexington, plus how I signed that thing I mentioned), but simply that it happened this way--that he friended me first--proved that he remembered me from last summer and still had that adoration for me, and I was just so incredibly honored by that. If I'd hit "confirm" on that friend request any harder, I probably would've cracked my phone's screen!

And yes, he's actually interacted with me since then. At the time that happened, I was finishing up a pretty labor-intensive sword prop for that aforementioned cosplay (which I'd overhauled at the beginning of this year), and I was posting all my progress photos, which he frequently liked and occasionally commented on. The same happened with some cosplay test-run photos I posted ahead of Anime Central in mid-May, and then photos I shared from the convention itself. (I'm also waiting back on photos from a professional photoshoot I had done there--I know he'll like those a lot too when I finally get them!) And when my birthday rolled around on May 23rd (although this happened the evening of the 22nd for me, it was already the 23rd in Japan), he actually personally messaged me to wish me a happy birthday. I couldn't make this up if I tried. I was a big happy sobbing mess after that, because I really wasn't expecting anything when he's probably been getting inundated with friend requests every day and people posting all sorts of nonsense to get attention.

And Suzu might've seen this, since she and I are also friends there, but I kinda giggled the other day when I saw that he liked a photo I posted showing my small Myu program collection, as the one I'd gotten off eBay from the first show had just arrived in the mail and I was really excited about it. It's definitely not just about my cosplay, that's for sure! Smile

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the wild and wacky story of how I ended up becoming actual friends with a Myu/toku legend. Where will this go from here? I'm excited to find out!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever   Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever I_icon_minitime2nd July 2015, 12:24 pm

OMG THAT IS THE BEST COOLEST STORY EVER AND I AM SON INSANELY JEALOUS OF YOU FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER AND EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so bad for only seeing this thread in July now. ._. HOW DID I MISS SUCHA GLORIOUS STORY!!! Can you be my Myu-sempai? HAHAHA.

>.> I am so jealous you have no idea... <.<

ALSO to get back on topic, has anyone found any recordings or anything from the event? I SOOO would love to see some.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever   Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever I_icon_minitime17th September 2015, 2:03 pm

I'm going to bump this just in case MAYBE just MAYBE someone found some recordings or something???
Back to top Go down
Yuhka
Star Seed

Yuhka

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever   Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever I_icon_minitime28th September 2015, 7:23 am

Small Lady wrote:
I'm going to bump this just in case MAYBE just MAYBE someone found some recordings or something???

I found some (but not for download) it were records from a smartphone Wink Manami posted them on twitter. If you scroll down some "month" I guess you'll find them. One includes all of them right before the Event begins (Nao, Yuhka, Anza, Manami, Aiko, Mao .. did I forget someone?)

Manami on twitter
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever   Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever I_icon_minitime28th September 2015, 6:38 pm

I couldn't find any of the recordings but I found the couple little video clips of them right before the show and a bunch of pics. Thanks for sharing. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Khandri
Pyramidal Crystal

Khandri

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever   Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever I_icon_minitime29th September 2015, 3:55 pm

I don't suppose anyone could share links to all these videos? Please? *puppy dog eyes* I'll honestly take anything at this point.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever   Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever I_icon_minitime30th September 2015, 10:17 am

I'm not familar with twitter and linking to specific tweets but if you go to Manami's twitter (https://twitter.com/manamin19861211) and scroll down to tweets in June (its not too far back as it seems she doesn't post a whole lot), I found some of the videos there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever   Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anza & Akiko Kosaka - Legend Forever

View previous topic View next topic Back to top