The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Relaxed: Magnetism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th June 2015, 5:50 am

Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 Image_zpsbff3f3b2

Ami smiled slightly, shaking her head. "You don't have to experience something directly to be afraid of it. More than half of the world is terrified of sharks, and probably 10% of them have actually had an experience with one. The concept of flying in a man-made contraption that could easily have so many malfunctions is terrifying. Fear is nothing to be ashamed of," she said. Even though her words were directed at Makoto, she felt like she was advising herself at the same time. She had almost forgotten the dark, looming apartment behind her, but she refused to look back at it. She needed to stay focused - for Makoto's sake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th June 2015, 6:56 am

Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 Jupite19

"I guess...that makes sense," Makoto admitted. She was sitting regularly now, no longer curled up in a ball for safety. That was the first time someone had actually tried to explain her own fear to her, and now that she had a better understanding of whether it was even normal or not, it felt like less of a crutch. Makoto stood up suddenly, making a decision. "Can you wait on the couch for me? I want to show you something." Mako waited until Ami was back by the candles before walking off into her darkened bedroom.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th June 2015, 10:14 pm

Ami was happy she was able to cheer her friend up. It was nice knowing she had the ability to positively affect someone's mood. Ami nodded at Makoto's question, rushing to return to the couch and the safety of the candles' light. As nervous as she felt with Makoto gone, she told herself that there was nothing waiting for her in the dark and that she was safe in Makoto's apartment. 

She couldn't help but wonder what exactly Makoto had to show her. Would it have something to do with her fear of planes?
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th June 2015, 10:56 pm

Makoto went to the nightstand by her bed and picked up the slim wooden frame sitting on it. Even in the dark, she could still make out the photograph sealed inside. Her grip on it tightened, and she forced herself to turn around and go back into the living room. She wanted to show Ami, and she couldn't just back out of it now.

A minute after she had left, Makoto was back again. She saw down next to Ami and handed her the framed photo to look at. 

"That's a picture of my parents, from around 8 years ago," she said. "It was the latest one we had before they died, so I saved it." The fact that her parents were gone didn't hurt as deeply anymore, except maybe on the anniversary of the accident, but she still didn't like to bring it up. The entire topic tended to darken the mood and cause people to just feel sorry for her.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th June 2015, 10:24 am

Ami felt relieved when Makoto reentered the room. She immediately took interest in the frame that was handed to her. A man and a woman, most likely a very happy couple by the looks of it, were standing together as they smiled. As Ami looked further, she could see the resemblance between Makoto and this couple. As Makoto spoke, Ami felt her chest tighten. She couldn't imagine losing her parents at such a young age. Hers had divorced when she was a kid, but at least they were still alive. She couldn't imagine having to grow up and raise herself without any parental figures other than those at an orphanage. She really admired Makoto's strength and independence.

She was honored that Makoto had chosen to share such an important item and memory with her. It was a big deal, at least in Ami's opinion. 

"They're a beautiful couple, Mako-chan. Thank you for sharing this with me."
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th June 2015, 10:55 am

That was the first time she had told one of her friends about her parents, Makoto realized. She wasn't sure why she felt like Ami should know, but she had done it anyway. And Ami hadn't looked at her with pity either, like they did at the orphanage...

Lightning flashed again, but the thunder was more distant now. The rain was coming down as hard as ever though, and the power was still off.

"Ami-chan, maybe you should stay here for the night," Mako suggested. "I have a feeling the storm isn't ending anytime soon, and I don't want you to have to walk in all that rain... You can use my phone if you want to call your mother." The landline should still be working even with the power out, and the Hospital would have one too.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th June 2015, 10:40 pm

Ami looked out the window, wondering just how much longer the storm was going to get. The thought of having to walk home in this disaster was a little nerve-wracking, so she was glad Makoto offered to let her stay. But thinking about staying the night in Makoto's apartment gave her butterflies. Why? Girls had sleepovers like this all the time. It was nothing more than that. Makoto was just being a good friend.

"Thank you. I really didn't want to have to go home in this weather," Ami said, adding a nervous laugh. "Where is your phone?"
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th June 2015, 11:04 pm

"It's over by the kitchen," Makoto said, before handing Ami the flashlight. It'd be hard to make a call in total darkness, and the candles were enough light for Mako since she knew her apartment's layout better. "I'm going to try to find a futon and blankets for you. I think I put it in a closet somewhere..." 

Now that Ami was staying over, she wanted to be a really good host, even if the power was out. Good thing she had cooked dinner earlier and the stove was gas powered, or they wouldn't be able to eat anything beyond packaged food in the cabinets. Mako would just have to heat up that pot of soup again...

As Ami went to use the phone, Mako started searching for the futon. She hadn't felt this excited about someone staying over in a while. It was one thing to have a sleepover with all of her friends, but with only one person, it felt more...intimate, she thought. Or maybe the right word was personal? 

Mako pulled out  the rolled up bed that she was looking for and grinned at her victory, bringing it back to the living room. But what if Ami didn't want to sleep alone, out here? Maybe she should ask where she preferred to be.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th June 2015, 11:11 pm

Ami nodded, grateful for the flashlight. She clicked it on, walking tentatively to the kitchen and glancing around corners to make sure nothing was hiding in the shadows. Thankfully, she made it to the phone unscathed.

Her fingers wrapped around the phone, but then Ami froze. She never had any intention of calling her mother. It wasn't like she would notice that Ami wasn't home. The hardworking surgeon was probably going to be at the hospital all night anyway.

She stared at the phone for a few moments, her fingers still closed around it. Ami knew better than to try and contact her mother while she was at work. Heaving a sigh, Ami went back into the living room and smiled once she saw the set-up Makoto had created. "You didn't have to do that, I could have slept on the couch or something," she said, blushing slightly. In all honestly, she didn't really want to sleep out here all alone, especially with the power out. But hopefully the candles would burn long enough for her to fall asleep.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th June 2015, 11:22 pm

Makoto looked up from unfolding the futon to see Ami walking back form the kitchen. Had she made the call that fast? Or maybe her mother hadn't picked up. "Ami, I've slept on that couch enough times to know that it's not very comfortable," Makoto said. "Don't worry about it, it wouldn't be right to make you sleep there when I have another bed. And speaking of sleep..." Mako looked back at the futon again, hesitating. 

"Did you maybe...want to sleep in my room instead of out here? I mean, it's still pretty dark and we shouldn't leave candles burning around here, it might tip over or something. I was going to put them out, so you'd just have the flashlight to use..." she rambled, trying to justify her worry for Ami. "And there's plenty of room on my floor."
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12th June 2015, 11:26 pm

It was all Ami could do not to sigh with relief at Makoto's suggestion. "I like that idea," she said, trying not to make her glee too obvious. Now she wouldn't have to sleep alone, and the thought of being with Makoto made her feel more comfortable. The floor didn't sound all that great, but it was much better than sleeping out here by herself. "I'm sorry to be such a bother. I really do appreciate your hospitality. Someday I'll have to return the favor."
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th June 2015, 12:46 pm

Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 Jupite12

"Silly Ami, you don't have to return the favor, we're friends!" she said, smiling. "You were only stuck here because of me anyway, it's the least I can do." After they ate warmed up soup, they decided to call it a night early. Makoto made sure that all the candles were blown out in the living room before they left it, not wanting to make a fire hazard.

She helped Ami set up the futon in her room, and then they went to sleep. However, it wasn't a dreamless one...

Jupiter squeezed her eyes shut tighter as sunlight slipped through the half closed curtains, signalling morning. She groaned slightly and shifted under the covers, moving closer to the pillow she had wrapped her arm around during the night. She had no desire to get up right now, not after the bed was finally warmed up... She felt the pillow shift in her grip, and she reluctantly opened her eyes, remembering the mission. She didn't have time to laze around, they still had a task to accomplish today. It took her a minute to adjust to the light, but her vision soon refocused enough to reorient herself. Her "pillow" hadn't moved at all. In fact, she wasn't even holding one. Instead, she was half hugging Mercury.

With a soft gasp, Jupiter tried to extract herself from the bed without waking the other senshi up. How did they end up like that? She must have moved too far to one side in her sleep and grabbed Mercury on accident. She was so used to sleeping alone that she was surprised she had even gotten comfortable in that position. It was lucky Mercury hadn't noticed yet...

Makoto woke up in her bed, the remnants of the dream still lingering in her head before they faded completely. Her heart was racing, as if she had just been in a fight, and she had to sit up and look around to see where she was. It was just her bedroom. The sun was completely up now, and her apartment was bright. The low hum of the AC told her that the power was back again. 

Just what kind of dream was that? What were she and Ami- or was it Mercury?- doing in a fancy hotel anyway? Was it meaningless, or was it something more, like a memory? Mako didn't remember much from the Silver Millennium, only parts of the Moon Kingdom and caring for Princess Serenity with the others. She had never thought much about what else she had done. 

Makoto ran her fingers through her hair, not in her signature ponytail at the moment, and glanced down at where Ami had been sleeping last night. Had she bothered her friend last night when she was having that strange dream? She tended to shift positions in her sleep.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th June 2015, 12:10 am

Ami was fine with sleeping on the floor - it was actually a lot more comfortable than she had anticipated - but her brain didn't seem to want to let her sleep. All night, she found herself tossing and turning at the dreams her subconscious graced her with.

Terrified by the fighting and the shouts of angry men, Mercury struggled to stay out of the way of flying objects and fists. She was small, so it was easy to evade things, but she found herself more worried about Jupiter. Seeing the way the taller senshi had dealt with the men who attacked her made Mercury feel confident in her abilities, but in a bar fight like this, she worried for her friend's safety.

Mercury struggled to see through the crowd of people that were fighting each other, and before she had the chance to try and help Jupiter, she found herself being pulled out of the bar by said senshi. The fight seemed to be over, but the chaos of it all still rang through Mercury's mind. Her head was pounding from the fumes of alcohol and the loud noises that had previously rang through the bar, and she was glad to be back outside. Jupiter led them into a small alleyway between two buildings, and Mercury eyed her as the senshi of protection leaned against a wall. It was clear that she was tired from the fight.

Mercury shook her head at Jupiter's question, moving her bruised wrist behind her back. "No, I'm fine. But you...you're hurt!" Mercury exclaimed, seeing the blood seeping through Jupiter's shirt. "Oh, Jupiter...you didn't have to do all of that for me..." she said quietly. "Hold still."

With gentle hands, Mercury lifted up Jupiter's shirt enough to see the gash on her waist. Not only that, but there were cuts all over Jupiter's arms, and even a bruise on her cheek. A lump grew in Mercury's throat, one that signaled an onslaught of mixed emotions. She was angry at those men for daring to hurt Jupiter, but also sad that she had been the cause of Jupiter's pain. The least she could do was tend to her savior's wounds.

"This might sting a bit, but I'll be gentle, I promise." Mercury felt her fingers begin to tingle as smooth streams of water began to flow from her fingertips, coursing over Jupiter's skin and cleaning the wound on her waist. Blood dripped onto the ground as the water did its job, cleaning and cleansing. Soon, only a small bit of blood remained, and Mercury used her handkerchief to dry off Jupiter's skin and soak up the rest of the blood. She then moved to the cuts on Jupiter's arms, soaking them in water and drying them up just as she had done with the brunette's waist. When it seemed that all cuts were tended to, Mercury moved her hand to Jupiter's cheek, tracing the bruise lightly. She was completely unaware of what she was doing, of the gestures she was performing, for Mercury was in her own world. This was what she loved to do - help people, tend to wounds, make others feel better. She was not one born for combat, she was born for healing.

Blinking, Mercury caused her hand to become cold as ice as she placed it on Jupiter's bruise. Their faces were closer together than they probably should have been, but Mercury didn't notice. She was completely focused on making up for the chaos she had inadvertently caused. After a few moments of holding her icy hand on Jupiter's cheek, Mercury removed it and took a small step back. "There," she said softly, smiling weakly. "I hope that helps just a bit..."

She found herself staring at the taller woman, wondering why on Earth she would go to such an extent to help Mercury. It was heartwarming to think that Jupiter would risk injury on her behalf. Seeing her like this, with cuts on her body and a bruise on her face, filled Mercury with so many emotions that she couldn't control herself. Out of the blue, Mercury stepped forward and wrapped her arms around Jupiter, being careful not to touch her wound.

"Thank you..." she whispered.

Ami's eyes shot open, the lingering whisper still echoing in her ears. What was all of that about? It had felt so real...Ami could still smell the fumes of alcohol from the bar. The way she touched Makoto and the way their faces were so close caused butterflies to flutter around in Ami's stomach. Why was she feeling this way? They were just friends, right?

Confused, Ami decided she needed some fresh air. Quietly so as not to wake up her friend, she went out to the balcony and leaned against the railing, staring up at the dark sky.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th June 2015, 7:03 am

Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 Jupite12

Ami wasn't there. Panic welled up inside her as she thought of various reasons for her disappearance, and then she realized that Ami being kidnapped was a pretty unlikely scenario. No one had broken into Makoto's apartment. She had probably just woken up earlier and left so she wouldn't wake her up. Maybe she was in the kitchen. Makoto got out of bed and found a pair of slippers to use. After fixing her covers, she walked back out into the hallway.

"Ami?" Mako walked into the kitchen area, but it was empty. There weren't dishes in the sink or on the table, so Ami didn't even eat breakfast. Maybe she was taking a shower? After knocking on the door and getting no answer, she opened it and stuck her head in the bathroom. Nothing. She frowned and walked into the living room. There weren't that many places to hide in here. But what if she had gone home? The thought of Ami just abruptly leaving while Makoto slept, without saying a word, was a little upsetting. Ami would never do that, she'd at least leave a note.

And then a movement caught her eye. Makoto turned to the balcony, and saw her friend leaning against the rail. Relieved, she went to join her. She slid the glass door open silently, and walked outside. "How long have you been out here, Ami?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th July 2015, 5:22 pm

Ami jumped at the sound of Makoto's voice, not expecting her to have joined her on the balcony. She had been in her own world, contemplating her dream and wondering what it must mean. "I'm sorry, did I wake you when I got up?" she asked, concern and guilt crossing her expression. Despite having been surprised by her friend's presence, she was glad to have Makoto out her with her. Just having the brunette next to her made the chilly outdoors feel a little bit warmer.

"I've only been out her for ten minutes or so. I had a strange dream, so I just came out here to get some air and clear my head."
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th July 2015, 7:36 pm

"I didn't realize you were gone until I woke up by myself," Makoto said. She moved to stand next to Ami, leaning on the rail as well. It was nice out here, even if it was a little cold after the storm last night. She always felt more serene after a storm passed over, as if it had taken away her tension with it.

"Maybe it was something we ate last night, but...I had a strange dream too," she told her. She was curious about what Ami had dreamed of, but she didn't want to directly ask. What if it was embarrassing or too private to share? But she needed to know if it was just her having these dream-memories. "By any chance, did yours happen to involve the Silver Millennium?"
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2015, 12:26 am

Ami blinked in surprise at Makoto's question, turning her head to meet her friend's gaze. "Y-yes, I...it did. Did yours?" she asked. Her mind began to spin with all of the possibilities. Was it even possible for them to be gaining more memories of their time during the Silver Millennium? Ami had to admit, she didn't remember absolutely everything, but why would more memories be coming in now? Did it have something to do with the recent attacks?

'Don't be stupid, Ami.'

She gulped. Could it be...the relationship between Ami and Makoto that caused the dream? It was about the two of them, after all. Maybe they had gone on some mission together during the Silver Millennium?

Ami took a deep breath and returned her gaze to the dark sky. "It was such an odd event, but it felt real all the same. You and I...we were in a bar of some sort, and there was this huge fight going on. You pulled me out, and you were covered in injuries. I tended to them for you, and -" she paused, the image of Ami hugging Makoto causing her cheeks to burn. Perhaps it would be best for her if she left that part it. "That's...all I can recall for now."
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2015, 1:01 pm

"Yeah, it did. I wasn't sure at first, but the dream felt too familiar to be made up," Makoto said. Just what was causing them to remember the past again? She listened intently as Ami explained her memory, trying to make sense of it. Why were they in a bar in the first place, and what would cause that kind of fight? 

"Well...me getting injured and you having to clean me up sounds like something that could happen," she joked. It seemed like their behavior in the past wasn't very far off from their behavior now, which was comforting in a weird way. 

"I think mine was shorter than yours. We were sleeping in what I think was a hotel bedroom. It was really nice though, like a suite in a high end one. I guess I woke up before you, because I was trying to get out of the bed without bothering you." The details were starting to get fuzzy... "I don't remember what I was so panicked about though. I don't even get why we were even in the same bed." Could they not afford two beds for some reason?
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2015, 2:55 pm

Ami giggled at Makoto's words. She had a point there. "I wonder if...our dreams are connected somehow? That sounds a little silly, but...you can never be too careful when it comes to senshi dreams," she laughed. Why would they be sleeping in the same bed in a hotel room, then going to a bar together? It sounded very...out-of-character.

"But if it was a memory from the past, perhaps Luna, Artemis, or Venus would know?"
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2015, 3:24 pm

"That's a good idea, we should ask them!" Makoto agreed. "You know, as soon as we're not in our night clothes on the balcony. Come on, I'll make breakfast for us." After eating breakfast and changing into more appropriate outfits for going outside, they left to go find the others to ask about their dreams. Luna and Artemis did faintly recall something about Mercury and Jupiter leaving the moon for a few days for classified reasons, but knew nothing beyond that. Minako's reaction to their question was a little...stranger.

She looked almost giddy for a moment before schooling her features again, saying that she didn't remember much about things beyond guarding Princess Serenity. 

"Maybe it's just something personal between you two," Minako suggested. "We didn't tell each other everything back then, you know. We all had our little secrets. Whatever you're doing now must have triggered something if you're both starting to remember..whatever you did. Maybe hanging out together more often will help you understand better."

"Well that got us nowhere..." Makoto said, after they left Minako at the cafe. She was slightly disappointed that they hadn't gleaned anything new, and she had a feeling that Minako knew more than she was letting on. But why didn't she just tell them?
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2015, 3:57 pm

As Ami gauged Minako's reaction, she knew that something wasn't quite right. Of course there was always a chance that Minako really didn't remember, but this was Minako. She didn't get giddy without a reason for it.

But it did make sense that the two of them probably went on a mission together at some point. It wasn't like they just followed Serenity around all day - they were bound to have had some tasks outside of protecting the princess. 

"Maybe the others remember something, though I doubt it. If Luna and Artemis said it was some sort of classified mission, then I guess it would make sense for no one else to know about it. Maybe Minako's right - if we keep spending time together, we'll uncover more information. I, personally, don't see that as too much of a problem," she teased, poking Makoto in the ribs. Glancing up, Ami took note of the electronic crosswalk sign that said "Ikimasu" and began to cross the wide street. The city was oddly quiet, with only a handful of civilians walking about. As Ami walked, she could hear a faint whirring in the distance, coming closer and closer. She didn't really register the noise in her mind as she walked, so she didn't bother to check for the source. Instead, she smiled as she stared up at Makoto, making a mental note of the way being in the sun made Makoto's eyes just a shade lighter than usual.

Unknown to Ami, a blue and yellow motorcycle was zooming towards them, its rider not seeing the two girls crossing the street until it was too late. The rider slammed on the brakes, but it wasn't enough to completely stall the momentum of the moving vehicle. It began to slide toward the two girls, surely to cause some serious damage if it were to hit.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2015, 5:50 pm

"It's nice to know you're not sick of me already," Makoto said, grinning as she moved away from Ami's fingers. "And all those meet ups at my house." While Ami didn't notice the motorcycle, Makoto did look up when the rumbling of the engine grew louder. As the motorcycle screeched to a halt, she moved without much thought. Makoto had been slightly ahead of Ami when they had been crossing the street, and she turned back around and pushed both of them away from the biker's path, landing hard on the ground. She made sure to grab her friend in a way so that Mako fell first, cushioning her from the road. 

The bike finally stopped just beyond the crosswalk, and the rider quickly kicked the stand down and hopped off, moving towards them. 

"Are you two okay? I'm so sorry, I didn't see you in the road when I turned the corner!" The rider said, taking their helmet off. Mako helped Ami stand up and turned to face the driver that had almost run them down, irritation taking over the fear and concern that had made her act a few seconds before. 

"You should watch where you're going, driving that fast is dangerous!" she yelled, before she caught sight of the rider's face, and her brain stuttered. "H-haruka-san?" Makoto blushed as the rest of her rant died on her tongue, distracted by the older student's appearance.

"You're bleeding," Haruka said, taking her hand to look at it better. Mako blinked and looked down, realizing that the back of her hand had been scraped when they fell, and it was cut open now. She hadn't even noticed the pain. "Here, let me wrap that for you..." Before she could protest, Haruka was winding a purple cloth around the injury, tying a knot to keep it in place. Makoto blushed harder, thinking of how close Haruka was to her. 

"Sorry again, but I have to get somewhere fast. See you two later!" Haruka had replaced her helmet and driven off by the time Makoto recovered from her stupor, looking at her bandaged hand and then back at the retreating figure on the motorcycle.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2015, 6:15 pm

Ami blinked, and Makoto was suddenly pulling her to the ground. A small cry escaped her lips as she hit the asphalt - no, Makoto. Her brain was working overtime, trying to process what had just happened. There was a motorcycle - how had Ami not seen it? - and its rider was running towards them. After accepting help from Makoto to stand, Ami was about to gasp over the blood on her friend's hand when the motorcyclist arrived. She felt ashamed to have been so careless and oblivious to her surroundings. That wasn't like her at all. But that shameful feeling was quickly washed away when the driver turned out to be Haruka, and she began to tend to Makoto's wound.

A cold feeling began to spread from the pit of Ami's stomach as she watched the two women interact. Her dream from the previous night floated to mind - specifically the part where Ami had tended to Makoto's wounds in a similar way to how Haruka was doing it. Was Haruka standing a little too close? Ami thought so. And why was Makoto's face getting red? Sure, Haruka was charming, but she wasn't that charming. 

Ami couldn't help but coldly stare at Haruka, who didn't seem to really care that she had almost turned them both into pancakes. Ami could sue if she wanted to! Haruka thought she was so great, crashing in and being charming to win Makoto's favor. Why couldn't Ami speak up and voice her thoughts? Was it because Haruka was twice her size and could easily shoot her down? Was it because she was too shocked by what had happened? 

Haruka left, leaving the two of them standing in the middle of the street. Ami swallowed the lump in her throat and took a step closer to Makoto, placing a gentle hand on her arm. "I'm so sorry, Mako-chan, I should have been watching where I was going. Are you alright?" she asked. Maybe if she pretended Haruka hadn't just been there, it would actually come true.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2015, 7:09 pm

Makoto was jolted out of her thoughts by Ami's hand on her, and she looked back at the girl she had pushed over to save from the motorcycle in the first place. 

"I didn't see anything coming until it was too late either," Mako said. "It was just an accident, that's all." Her hand stung, but that was minor compared to how much it would have hurt if they had been run down. She took Ami's hand with her uninjured one and finished crossing the road, wary of any other vehicles.

"And I'm fine, it's only a scrape," she continued, holding up the bandaged hand. The purple cloth was a little stained now. "It looks bad because of the blood, but it doesn't really hurt. But...I didn't hurt you when I knocked you down, right?" Mako asked. Ami looked okay to her but she couldn't be certain.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2015, 8:34 pm

Ami's stomach flipped over when Makoto took her hand her own. She loved how warm the taller girl always was. The urge to make a comment about how the accident could have been prevented was almost too strong for Ami to push back, but she managed to keep her mouth shut.

As Makoto held up her injured hand, Ami eyed the lilac cloth. It was tied sloppily, she could see that from where she was positioned. "May I?" she asked, not bothering to wait for Makoto's answer as they reached the other side of the street. She took Makoto's injured hand and inspected the cloth, seeing that the knot was a little loose. Gently, she tugged the ends to make it tighter, feeling satisfied to at lease have left her mark.

"Oh, I'm fine! Don't worry about me. It's thanks to you I didn't get hurt. Let me make it up to you. How about we go shopping the day after tomorrow? My treat. Please?"
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2015, 9:50 pm

Makoto watched as Ami adjusted the makeshift bandage, still amazed at how good Ami was at medical things like that. Where would the rest of the senshi be without her? She was pretty sure that she owed her life to her at least once now.

"Sure, we can do that!" she said, though she didn't get why Ami thought she needed to make up for anything. 

The next day as she, Ami and Usagi were walking back from school together and discussing the events of yesterday, a strong gust of wind had blown away the scarf that Makoto was planning to give back to Haruka. She had run after it into a quiet parking lot, but instead of the scarf, she had run into another daimon instead, this one intent on stealing her own heart.

Thankfully, Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury had shown up quickly enough to scare the monster off, but it was a close call. 

Despite the fact that the daimon was still out there somewhere, Makoto still wanted to go shopping with Ami, and so they ended up exploring one of the outlet malls just as they had planned earlier. At the moment, they were in a small clothing store, though it sold a variety of things like calendars, books, clocks, and other knickknacks.

Makoto stood in front of a rack of jeans with a puzzled expression, debating whether she liked them enough to bother trying them on. She was on a limited budget, so she didn't like to just buy everything she saw.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th July 2015, 10:20 pm

The day Makoto had been attacked had been one of the scariest days of Ami's life. For a split second, she thought that they wouldn't make it in time. But thanks to adrenaline and Sailor Moon by her side, they managed to scare the daimon off. Ever since then, Ami felt anxiety whenever Makoto wasn't with her. She was grateful for the shopping trip, because it would give Ami an excuse to keep an eye on her friend.

And all for some stupid scarf.

Ami didn't realize she had been glaring at the scarf rack until an employee approached her and asked if she could help find anything. Ami blinked, shaking her head no and walking off to find Makoto. The brunette was standing in front of a rack of jeans, staring at them. Ami raised an eyebrow and plucked a pair off of the hanger, holding them out for Makoto to see.

"These would look great on you," she said, smiling. "After all, you deserve to spoil yourself a little bit, with everything that's been going on."
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th July 2015, 8:37 am

"You think so?" Makoto smiled back and took the jeans from her. She always found herself hesitating when she saw something more "feminine" in a store, not sure if it was right for her. If she wore a nice dress, would anyone think of her as a normal girl for once, or would she still be considered too tall, or too rough?

She was a little more confident in her clothing choices now, after becoming friends with peple who actually supported her, but every once in a while she still had her doubts.

If Ami thought that the jeanss were nice too, than Makoto would at least try them on. "Alright, I'll see if it fits then! Did you find anything you like yet?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th July 2015, 11:20 pm

Ami smiled and shook her head, pushing Makoto towards the changing rooms. "Nah, I have enough clothes from the last shopping spree I had with Usagi and Minako. I'm only here to spoil you, remember?" she teased, poking her friend in the ribs. It was odd how comfortable Ami felt when she was with Makoto. She knew for a fact that she would never behave this way with any of her other friends. But with Makoto...it was different. They were different. 

Still smiling, Ami sat down in a chair and said, "I'll be waiting out here!"
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st July 2015, 6:04 pm

Makoto laughed at Ami's enthusiasm. "Okay, okay, I'll try it on!" she said, before closing the door to the stall she stepped into. Ami had really been trying to keep her spirits up after that daimon attack, and she appreciated all the effort. She definitely didn't intend to lose her Heart Crystal to the Death Busters, but it still hadn't been a very fun event. Next time they'd be ready for it...

Ami's encouraging did help relieve her self consciousness, and after changing into the jeans and walking out to show her, she decided to buy them after all.

But just as they were walking out of the store to find some food before home, a red convertible drove down the street and came to a slow halt in front of the girls. 

"What a coincidence seeing you two again!" Haruka said from the driver's seat. Next to her was Michiru, looking as serene as usual on the passenger's side.

"I-I didn't know you shopped around here..." Makoto said, once again stunned. What were the odds of seeing Haruka twice in a week? It was a happy surprise for her, but she wished she had gotten that cloth back now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Relaxed: Magnetism   Relaxed: Magnetism - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Relaxed: Magnetism

View previous topic View next topic Back to top