The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Any one play PS1 Classics?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

Any one play PS1 Classics? Empty
PostSubject: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime8th December 2011, 1:06 pm

I remember the 1st Spyro the dragon so well! We actually bought the game because my mom thought the little dragon was so damn cute! I remember waking up "late" at night and hearing them play the game. It was good times... I loved the 1st one, and second one was good, but then they slowly turned to poop Sad It makes me sad to see something I cherished so much turn into something so crappy.

I also played a lot of the Crash bandicoots, where you had to run and jump on boxes and spin to get rid of monsters... in some of them there were even animals you could ride... I loved those games >.>
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime13th December 2011, 10:57 pm

I played a lot of Twisted Metal back when the series first came out. Most of the time, however, I played the Smackdown! wrestling games or major league baseball games (Triple Play, MLB). I'd also watch my neighbor play the Resident Evil games; being a somewhat sensitive kid at the time, I never really had the nerve to play them on my own.

The holy grail of kids playing the PS1---at least among the people I knew---was Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout. It was pretty rare at the time; a few years ago, they finally decided to make more copies. But I remember when people placed it on eBay for several hundred dollars.

I believe I played Spyro briefly; I definitely played Crash Bandicoot. The latter game had my attention for a while. But I mostly left platformers to the N64.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime13th December 2011, 11:12 pm

Speaking of Spyro, I've been playing Skylander's (which features Spyro) and its pretty darn addictive. Unfortunately I didn't have a PS1. I had an N64, but I think the same nostalgia feeling comes from the games I played (Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Star Wars Rogue Squadron). And btw Rogue Squadron was so freakin awesome. I loved that game to death.

For the longest time I wanted a ps1 so I could play imported Dragonball fighting games. It's cool that you got to play Final Bout, Merc! I remember this local gaming store would have imported DBZ games and stuff.

The BF however played more ps1 games than I did and he has some of his still. Chrono Cross, Star Ocean 2, and the Final Fantasy anthology (includes V and VI if i'm not mistaken). Also the Metal Gear Games and one of the best RPGs (at least in his opinion, i haven't played it) Xenogears.

I have the original DDR games for it tho! Aah I miss the old DDR games.
Back to top Go down
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime14th December 2011, 6:31 am

I am SOOOO glad you made a thread for this, Lady! I LOVE playing PS1 classics that I grew up with and were somewhat an influence for me getting the kind of degree I have. Since my list can run long, I'll just name a few...

Legend of Dragoon - Til this day, I absolutely LOVE this game. The story, the characters, the song...it was just an well designed and well executed game by Sqauresoft. I have replayed this game about 20 or so times because I just really enjoy the game play and all the quest that were offered in the game itself.

Final Fantasy VIII - I know a lot of Final Fantasy fans HATED this game because the story wasn't as great as it was in Final Fantasy VII, but you know what, this was my very first introduction into the Final Fantasy series. For me, this had a lot of consipiracies and twists that kept me interested in the game, that it made it enjoyable. I will honestly say though, I never got through Final Fantasy VII because the graphics were making me cringe since I played VIII first.

Metal Gear Solid - LOVE Metal Gear Solid and LOVE SNAKE!!! XD The story, the idea, absolutely the platform gamer's paradise!! Enough said!

Resident Evil 1 and 2 - This started my love for horror games. Once again, I turn to games that have a excellent story where it basically is based around a biochemical weapon that turns people into flesh eating monsters who in turn turns other people into flesh eating monsters. It was my little weird morbid paradise ^^

Dance Dance Revolution - Who can forget this game who started the whole crazed genre of video games that make you dance on a pad? Have fun while excercising while not connecting the two ideas together...a plus!
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
Elly
Webmistress Emeritus

Elly

Webmistress Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime14th December 2011, 8:42 am

Loved the PS1

Obsessed over the Crash Bandicoot series, played every single one of them for the system!

Also adored DDR. My first ever modded console was a PS1 with a flip top from Japan so I could play 3rd mix.

Final Fantasy 7 still remains my favorite video game of all time, with 8 at a close second.
Back to top Go down
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime14th December 2011, 8:50 am

Yes, PS 1 games are my loves.

I agree with Legend of the Dragoon it is one of my favorite games, along with

Lunar Silver Star Story,

Lunar Eternal Blue,

Legend of Mana,

I could play those games over and over again.
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime17th August 2012, 7:55 pm

i still have all the crash games for the PS1 and they all still work. i play them on the PS2. my mom likes crash too.

in a home video one of my cousin declares her love for crash XD

Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Lady Orion
Lotus Crystal

Lady Orion

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Ami (PGSM)

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime18th August 2012, 11:29 am

Legend of Mana, Crono Cross, Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, and all the other Final Fantasy remakes.
Back to top Go down
innocentvenus
Lotus Crystal

innocentvenus

Lotus Crystal

Title : Resident Time Lady

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime18th August 2012, 11:38 am

Twisted Metal II and all the classic Tomb Raider games. Loved them to death and I still do!

Also still play the ReBoot ps1 game as well as Street Fighter EX Plus A.
Back to top Go down
http://flash-and-fade.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/midnightshinigami
Meyneth
Lotus Crystal

Meyneth

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime18th August 2012, 11:38 am

Final Fantasy IX was my intro to the series, so I have a soft spot for that one. I also loved Chrono Cross and I remember playing a few other RPGs. My absolute favourite was Legend of Dragoon. I was a Nintendo girl at that time and had more experience with the 64, though.
Back to top Go down
http://juliannacodes.tumblr.com http://spectrenegade.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime6th October 2012, 10:40 pm

I love Parasite Eve. I really enjoyed Final Fantasy and legend of Dragoon too
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime6th October 2012, 10:41 pm

Harvest Moon: Back to Nature.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime2nd January 2013, 3:11 pm

The second Spyro video game was my first introduction to the PS1. Ever since, I have always been a PlayStation girl at heart, even though I do have a certain fondness for several Nintendo exclusive games. Speaking of which, I introduced my fiancé's little sister to Spyro last year, because it is a fairly easy game for a pre-teen. She liked it, but really sucked at. She said it was too hard -.- I was surprised, but not too surprised after I helped her beat like half of the first-third of the game. She is soooo not a video-gamer, but she tries.
I also played Final Fantasy VIII, but never got past the final boss battle. The boss randomly picks three characters to fight and of course I spent the entire game only leveling three characters. I have three characters at level 99 and the other three are at like... level twenty-something.
I can't really remember too many of the games, because I played the N64 games more. It really wasn't too long after that I got the PS2, either. And, man oh man, do I love me some PS2.
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime2nd January 2013, 3:13 pm

Chrono Cross \o/
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime2nd January 2013, 3:16 pm

One of my christmas present this year was the second Spyro game. .w. Perfect.
Back to top Go down
Aquila
Pyramidal Crystal

Aquila

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : oscillating whooshing sound

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime2nd January 2013, 3:23 pm

We still have our ps1 and most of our games work ^^
I used to not play games myself, but I loved watching my brother play. I would get really nervous and shy to play myself lol. He had lots of games but the ones I remember the best are Spyro and Medieval 1&2. My favourites were the Medieval games which I play myself now Smile
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime2nd January 2013, 3:30 pm

Anybody here played the Croc games?
The controls are quite chaotic, but those games really are worth it.
Back to top Go down
Vaas Rutten
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime16th January 2013, 8:22 pm

Crash Banditcoot is a legend.

I don't play PS1 games too often anymore (I traded most of mine in.) But my favorite game of all time is Crash Banditcoot: Warped

I also loved Tekken and Street Fighter.

The Metal Gear Solid games were interesting but I could never beat them. I still can't today.
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime11th March 2013, 8:51 am

The Sony Playstation was the second gaming console I owned after the Nintendo 64 and I used to write video game reviews of the old PS games on my blog so I have a strong love for the original Playstation.

One of my all time favorite original PS games is Monster Rancher (the original Monster Rancher, though 2 is good too). That is still something I can always go back to no matter what age I am. Oh, Holly my love, the fun we had together.

I own the first three Crash and Spyro games. For Crash my favorite is Crash Bandicoot 2 and the original Spyro is my favorite on that trilogy. I also played the original Croc game and I agree that the controls are hectic. That game definitely knew how to channel my inner Angry Video Game Nerd.

I also loved all the WWF games; War Zone, Attitude, SmackDown and SmackDown 2 Know Your Role. Armored Core. Final Fatansy VII, VIII and IX (VII would become the first RPG game I ever beat), Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Solid VR Missions and another personal favorite of mine is the cult classic Evil Zone. If you never heard of it I recommend it. It's a Japanese fighting game that uses a lot of anime elements, each character story is treated like a series with ten episodes. The dubbing is terrible at times with the lip sync (though what dub isn't) but the characters in that game are amazing and it shows that just because the genre is fighting doesn't mean there can't be good story and character development.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime30th May 2015, 12:19 pm

Yesh! Plus I really like having the actual physical copy of the game versus buying the game on the psn or playing it on a emulator. I'm thinking about buying Spyro: Year of the Dragon again since someone's selling a good copy on Amazon for a reasonable price. I don't understand the people who charge $400 for a game.  Any one play PS1 Classics? 3271551533
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime12th July 2015, 5:35 pm

I started playing Crash Bandicoot 2 the other day, and it's so much fun! Another ps1 game I like is Riven, which was originally for PC. It's a challenging point and click fantasy game. It's actually the sequel to another game called Myst, but you can play it without knowing what happens in the first game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
sammywhatammy
Pyramidal Crystal

sammywhatammy

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : pink is so punk

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime16th July 2015, 3:35 pm

meeeeeeeeeeeee. I still have and play Grandia, FFIX, Star Ocean 2.........
Back to top Go down
http://ask-chibiusa.tumblr.com http://sammywhatammy.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any one play PS1 Classics?   Any one play PS1 Classics? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any one play PS1 Classics?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top