The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[NEWS] Viz Announces Release Date For Sailor Moon R Part 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

[NEWS] Viz Announces Release Date For Sailor Moon R Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: [NEWS] Viz Announces Release Date For Sailor Moon R Part 1   [NEWS] Viz Announces Release Date For Sailor Moon R Part 1 I_icon_minitime3rd April 2015, 10:54 pm

Viz has finally announced the release date for the Sailor Moon R Part 1 DVD/Blu Ray boxset!  This boxset will be released on July 14th 2015 and will contain the first 22 episodes of Sailor Moon R which brings the show up to episode 68.  I guess this means they're going to be following the release pattern of the first season and do one season a year, with one boxset in the summer and one in the winter. The special features include more interviews with the English dub cast, behind the scenes of the dubbing of the R season, art galleries, the usual textless credits and trailers, and there's also a new clipboard artbox and a full color 96 page booklet.  If you preorder the limited edition now, you'll get the limited edition goldtone coin for Usagi's second transformation brooch.   Viz has also released a new trailer for the dub of the R season and it has me really excited for it!  I already own the old ADV set but I'm very excited for this new dub.  That scene in the trailer of Mamoru kissing Usagi with that music they have playing just totally gave me the feels.

Back to top Go down
silverskywind
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [NEWS] Viz Announces Release Date For Sailor Moon R Part 1   [NEWS] Viz Announces Release Date For Sailor Moon R Part 1 I_icon_minitime4th April 2015, 5:29 am

Finally a release date for it!  And it sounds like the "skipped" episode of 67 will be in this part as well! (hopefully).  I will be very disappointed if episode 67 is "skipped" again.  I still haven't watched 1-46 yet(kind of waiting for all of it and then do a big SM marathon).

Last edited by silverskywind on 5th April 2015, 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: [NEWS] Viz Announces Release Date For Sailor Moon R Part 1   [NEWS] Viz Announces Release Date For Sailor Moon R Part 1 I_icon_minitime4th April 2015, 7:19 am

I'm so excited for this! I am so happy with the Viz Dub! It's wonderful to have consistent English dub now of Sailor Moon! Faithful script, no edits, original background music, and the same voice actors throughout!
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [NEWS] Viz Announces Release Date For Sailor Moon R Part 1   [NEWS] Viz Announces Release Date For Sailor Moon R Part 1 I_icon_minitime4th April 2015, 8:31 am

Yeah, that's one thing I'm really excited about with Viz's dub in that we're finally getting a consistent release.  The original English VAs did the best they could with what the old dub gave them but it was always distracting when they changed voices and the voices they picked as replacements sounded so drastically different from each other.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: [NEWS] Viz Announces Release Date For Sailor Moon R Part 1   [NEWS] Viz Announces Release Date For Sailor Moon R Part 1 I_icon_minitime4th April 2015, 10:04 am

I also feel like the new voices bring the charm out of Sailor Moon. I don't know why, but I get all giddy when I watch it. I really need to buy the second part of season one.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [NEWS] Viz Announces Release Date For Sailor Moon R Part 1   [NEWS] Viz Announces Release Date For Sailor Moon R Part 1 I_icon_minitime5th April 2015, 7:00 pm

In some ways, the Viz dub is even more consistent with the voices than the Japanese version as the Japanese version had Kae Araki temporarily play Usagi for the first few episodes of R.   Kae Araki is a good Chibi-usa but she's no match for Kotono as Usagi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [NEWS] Viz Announces Release Date For Sailor Moon R Part 1   [NEWS] Viz Announces Release Date For Sailor Moon R Part 1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[NEWS] Viz Announces Release Date For Sailor Moon R Part 1

View previous topic View next topic Back to top