The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Debate] Galaxy Cauldron

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

[Debate] Galaxy Cauldron Empty
PostSubject: [Debate] Galaxy Cauldron   [Debate] Galaxy Cauldron I_icon_minitime23rd March 2015, 1:34 pm

Why did Queen Serenity send everyone from Silver Millennium (Including Beryl) to be reborn in the Galaxy Cauldron? Doesn't the Galaxy Cauldron contain solely the Crystals of Sailor Senshi?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Galaxy Cauldron   [Debate] Galaxy Cauldron I_icon_minitime23rd March 2015, 2:55 pm

In the Cauldron all crystals are created - both those for Chaos and Planets/Senshi, but also normal star seeds, which every life form requires.

I don't believe Serenity sent them to the Galaxy Cauldron to be reborn though - that process looked and felt different. She seemed to force a direct reincarnation - there was no choice offered to them by the cauldron as to whether they would be reborn or 'retire' with each other, for example. It was more like she put their crystals into stasis until the time was right to be reborn together under the right circumstances.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
east02west
Pyramidal Crystal

east02west

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Galaxy Cauldron   [Debate] Galaxy Cauldron I_icon_minitime23rd March 2015, 3:07 pm

How would Queen Serenity even manage such a thing?

Is this another Naoko plot hole?

Also, I take it we're to assume Queen Serenity decided to retire?

Do you think Pluto plays a role in the original process of rebirth? Same with Saturn.

Lastly, doesn't Stars seem to go for a finalist understanding of the body whereas Usagi fights against such an understanding?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Galaxy Cauldron   [Debate] Galaxy Cauldron I_icon_minitime23rd March 2015, 3:20 pm

There's the tricky part where a lot of handwaving or explaining comes in. 

Personally, I choose to believe this explanation:
--Queen Serenity (QS) and Princess Serenity (PS) share a sailor crystal. Theirs is so powerful because it belongs to two people, thus could hold the power of two celestial bodies. QS visited the Galaxy Cauldron before PS was born, so I'm thinking that crystal might have absorbed some of the miraculous powers of the Cauldron, giving it the unique restorative powers that it has.
I believe that QS, who had mastery of the crystal at that point, willed it into being. However, sending the crystal forward into the future to serve as PS's star seed/sailor crystal left her with nothing. No star seed, no sailor crystal. Her soul faded away into nothing, without the solace found within the cauldron.

I don't think Pluto played any role in the process of rebirth, other than to provide the talisman to awaken Saturn, who cleaned the slate.

Stars, to me, didn't really separate their understandings (if I understand you correctly). Galaxia manufactured bodies time and again at her whim and pleasure, using Sailor Crystals to call back the visage of their past owners, showing that crystals and souls were separate from physical bodies, yet those physical bodies had some strong connections to their crystals. When Usagi sacrificed herself to satiate Chaos and end the war, it showed those bodies renewed within the cauldron (at least within their owner's eyes and projections), and (to my understanding) the senshi did not grow again after that point. So the body seems to be connected to the Sailor Crystals during that lifetime, so if they did return to the cauldron and opt to retire, their crystal would move to another host, another girl, whose body would then be attached to the crystal while their visages 'retired' with them.

With the sil mil reincarnation, as they skipped the cauldron step, the body images were still attached to the crystal so they looked like spitting images of their past life selves.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Galaxy Cauldron   [Debate] Galaxy Cauldron I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Debate] Galaxy Cauldron

View previous topic View next topic Back to top